Wild Card Games Discussion Thread

Wainwright has been dogged alot in the 2nd half of the season and I'm not sure why as he has been pitching well and I think he may be able to shut down this dodger offense. However, Scherzer has been almost unhittable and his WS stats I think are very good as well. Dodger bullpen does bother me a bit at times.

Maybe 1st 5 under?
Game for under?

I also lean Red Sox at home vs Cole.

problem with a BOS play is you pretty much need to be ahead by more than a run to beat NYY since the BOS bullpen is so weak.

Pivetta closed on Sunday, it almost feels like it's an all-hands-on-deck pen right now if he's coming in to seal a playoff berth. Sunday's bullpen in the most crucial game of the season saw four guys from the rotation and that makes it very hard to know what to expect. Whitlock fresh off the IL gave an inning and so did Sawamura, but not going to the guys leading the team in holds/saves is telling when your season is on the line.

I'm not a Cole believer when compared to the market, but even if Eovaldi leaves tied i think you're an underdog even vs an average NYY bullpen. BOS lineup is good, so is NYY and the park will offer plenty of runs.

I think i need a much bigger price on the home dog than 48.5%

Is this true?
JD Martinez hurt his ankle running out to the outfield yesterday to play RF tripping over second base?

That’s crazy price on Wainwright yea?
Considering Scherzer hasn't looked sharp recently no doubt and now Muncy is likely out too

StL team total should be looked at I think, now that we know West is behind the plate he's generally good for some runs and obv Cards will get all 27 outs to play with

Where's the thread where we talk about the White Sox +110 over the Astros for the series? Is this it?

Also, I'm on the Red Sox in the first five today. Plus money, at home, tough to turn that down. Also I don't trust them to actually win the game. Just start fast, that's all I care about.

I find your lack of White Sox faith disturbing.
I want them out of the AL

Fun note: First ever fantasy pick in any sport was '94 Frank Thomas, will forever be a Big Hurt fan. Have no clue how that season went, really didn't know anything about fantasy at that point, but had the #1 pick and he was the guy all along

i woulda said we have no chance to score off max but all a sudden he has looked very hittable his last few and goldy/oneal have been mashing the cover off the ball the last month+, i love waino and how he has been able to revive himself at this advanced age been great but i dont think we can expect a old school dominate playoff performance vs this lineup (if muncy out that certainly helps),so i would avoid the ff under personally. i do expect he will grind his ass off, wont give in to certain guys and will force others to beat him.. id like to be more generous but i really think a fair expectation is 6+ 3 runs.. as i said a few weeks back id have thought that be goodnight cards but way a lot our lineup been swinging the bats and max not being his sharpest the last few gives me a glimmer,, he been good in playoffs but not exactly the dominate force legends are made of, stras carried that torch during nats run. max did dominate cards a game in the nlcs but lets be real our lineup didnt really belong in it that year, we have a way more scary 2--3-4 and a few other guys swinging a good bat with a lot of pop in the middle and again at bottom which dingers the way to score off max, we have plenty of that capability right now! we gonna strike out a ton but long as it long abs that ok (max strikeout prop over worth a serious look) my best guess is cards get him out the game in 6-7th and have only got 2 off him (unless the end of year struggles were something more), if we can get to pens in 7th and it a 3-1 or 3-2 la lead im not hating life. we got some weapons in the pen so i like chances of keeping la to that 3 run total, maybe 4 at worst. i think at the price it worth a play to think we can get to that and most def win a close game late as they got that mojo rolling. even tho we chilled on the win streak and gave guys a rest after locking up the playoff spot the right guys continued to hit threw the last series.. price is crazy imo.. dont love cards to win but they damn sure win more times than that number suggest.. imo you have to be nuts to lay it on la knowing what we know bout these franchises and who tends to rise to the occasion on a very consistent level when they get to this spot!!!

i thought i was just gonna unload on yanks 2marro as i feel like they owned sox down the stretch but i dont have faith in Cole after looking at him and at fenway this year, it hasnt been good and every time ive seen him he aint been great.. evoldi was pretty special when he got his chance in playoffs, he been better vs yanks than cole been vs sox this year but yanks did get him in sept.. i really dunno what to say here, my feeling is evil empire takes this and im not getting enough plus on sox to go against that.. is over a play in this one? sure kinda feels like it might be!!!

i didnt even realize they were still playing!! lol.. glad they are cause they been my team to come out the al most the year!!

They're going to be very interesting. LaRussa has said games one and two will be Giolto and Lynn—though he hasn't specified the order, which is weird to me. Geo has been the number one guy all year, even if Lynn has probably pitched better. I think you have to start with Geo and see what happens. Either way, I have a ton of faith in Lynn to win his game.

That ensures a game back in Chicago. So my guess is the pitch Cease in Game 4 because he's so dramatically better at home and throw Rodon out there in Game 3.

However they do it, I feel good about this team taking at least one in Houston, and one in Chicago. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go five. My hope is the Sox can kind of jump on them early and get it done in four.

But in all fairness, Houston's better defensively. Thankfully Chicago's healthy, and I think that's going to mean some HRs in Houston.

Considering Scherzer hasn't looked sharp recently no doubt and now Muncy is likely out too

StL team total should be looked at I think, now that we know West is behind the plate he's generally good for some runs and obv Cards will get all 27 outs to play with
he's been so dominant, but those last two are a bit scary

LAD will be an ultimate test for waino's pitch to contact ways

i woulda said we have no chance to score off max but all a sudden he has looked very hittable his last few and goldy/oneal have been mashing the cover off the ball the last month+, i love waino and how he has been able to revive himself at this advanced age been great but i dont think we can expect a old school dominate playoff performance vs this lineup (if muncy out that certainly helps),so i would avoid the ff under personally. i do expect he will grind his ass off, wont give in to certain guys and will force others to beat him.. id like to be more generous but i really think a fair expectation is 6+ 3 runs.. as i said a few weeks back id have thought that be goodnight cards but way a lot our lineup been swinging the bats and max not being his sharpest the last few gives me a glimmer,, he been good in playoffs but not exactly the dominate force legends are made of, stras carried that torch during nats run. max did dominate cards a game in the nlcs but lets be real our lineup didnt really belong in it that year, we have a way more scary 2--3-4 and a few other guys swinging a good bat with a lot of pop in the middle and again at bottom which dingers the way to score off max, we have plenty of that capability right now! we gonna strike out a ton but long as it long abs that ok (max strikeout prop over worth a serious look) my best guess is cards get him out the game in 6-7th and have only got 2 off him (unless the end of year struggles were something more), if we can get to pens in 7th and it a 3-1 or 3-2 la lead im not hating life. we got some weapons in the pen so i like chances of keeping la to that 3 run total, maybe 4 at worst. i think at the price it worth a play to think we can get to that and most def win a close game late as they got that mojo rolling. even tho we chilled on the win streak and gave guys a rest after locking up the playoff spot the right guys continued to hit threw the last series.. price is crazy imo.. dont love cards to win but they damn sure win more times than that number suggest.. imo you have to be nuts to lay it on la knowing what we know bout these franchises and who tends to rise to the occasion on a very consistent level when they get to this spot!!!

holy fuck welcome back @2daBank

They're going to be very interesting. LaRussa has said games one and two will be Giolto and Lynn—though he hasn't specified the order, which is weird to me. Geo has been the number one guy all year, even if Lynn has probably pitched better. I think you have to start with Geo and see what happens. Either way, I have a ton of faith in Lynn to win his game.

That ensures a game back in Chicago. So my guess is the pitch Cease in Game 4 because he's so dramatically better at home and throw Rodon out there in Game 3.

However they do it, I feel good about this team taking at least one in Houston, and one in Chicago. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go five. My hope is the Sox can kind of jump on them early and get it done in four.

But in all fairness, Houston's better defensively. Thankfully Chicago's healthy, and I think that's going to mean some HRs in Houston.

lynn is my dude, killed me when cards let him walk because in the matheny area and maybe the front office to a extent guys with different opinions wernt exactly welcome.. lynn one the few guys i bet as fav cause i think he often short on the ff and dude is way better than i think he gets credit for.. dude a absolute horse and i def trust him in playoff moments, he was brought up in our franchise the same as waino and was nails in playoffs as clpser before entering rotation.. he has done nothing but get better since leaving here, guy a bulldog!! ya'll got him and my fav manager of all time! i trust those dudes to win playoff baseball even if lot your roster babies without playoff experience.

i really dont follow baseball closely from asb till sept cause i get burnt plus just like betting bases early while i think there ton great plus money bets. anyways the one thing that seemed rather odd to me was sox have all that filth in the pen, every dude coming in throwing smoke with something nasty along with it, most have pretty sick numbers but every damn time i see one of them they would look shaky as hell to me! maybe it was just the fact it wasnt often and just crazy random luck i saw their more uneven outings? on paper it looks like they should own these playoffs in the 6th on! am i wrong?

i am not afraid of this houston team at all

lol.. you must not visit the FB forums? i been back over a month now,, just havnt been doing much baseball.. hope you been doing well bro
same to you, nah i've been losing my ass betting soccer thinking i turned a corner and i was wrong

Hope it was your choice to take a break from here and that everything's good

same to you, nah i've been losing my ass betting soccer thinking i turned a corner and i was wrong

Hope it was your choice to take a break from here and that everything's good

yea all good, just had some things start piling up on me and chance to do some things work wise to make some good coin over the summer, just couldnt really do it all and cap bases daily so had to cut the season really short (even for me), kinda a bummer but sometimes gotta do what ya gotta do.

problem with a BOS play is you pretty much need to be ahead by more than a run to beat NYY since the BOS bullpen is so weak.

Pivetta closed on Sunday, it almost feels like it's an all-hands-on-deck pen right now if he's coming in to seal a playoff berth. Sunday's bullpen in the most crucial game of the season saw four guys from the rotation and that makes it very hard to know what to expect. Whitlock fresh off the IL gave an inning and so did Sawamura, but not going to the guys leading the team in holds/saves is telling when your season is on the line.

I'm not a Cole believer when compared to the market, but even if Eovaldi leaves tied i think you're an underdog even vs an average NYY bullpen. BOS lineup is good, so is NYY and the park will offer plenty of runs.

I think i need a much bigger price on the home dog than 48.5%

think we have pretty similar thoughts here,,few hours ago thought i was gonna take my mnf ticket and put in on yanks but more i looked less i felt that good about it.. just cant trust cole even tho i think yanks at that price only way i could go.. the over def makes a lot of sense to me,, just dont think it likely we get a pitching duel here, even if the starters good how long will that go on? 8 seems very doable, hell i could prob go for some alt numbers up to 11!

i thought i was just gonna unload on yanks 2marro as i feel like they owned sox down the stretch but i dont have faith in Cole after looking at him and at fenway this year, it hasnt been good and every time ive seen him he aint been great.. evoldi was pretty special when he got his chance in playoffs, he been better vs yanks than cole been vs sox this year but yanks did get him in sept.. i really dunno what to say here, my feeling is evil empire takes this and im not getting enough plus on sox to go against that.. is over a play in this one? sure kinda feels like it might be!!!
Didn’t Cole just dominate bos in Fenway like a week ago?

Didn’t Cole just dominate bos in Fenway like a week ago?

Dominate a strong word. 6 innings 3 runs. That the thing, he been so much more all over the place this year we consider that dominating. Maybe he will have one his great performances, he still has them here and there. Sure feels like he has had quilts a few this year he in the middle of the plate and getting tagged! I could see something like 7-3 yanks. Or maybe they end up tied at 4-5. Evoldi will not only have to be really good but also pitch fairly deep for this to stay low I think.

I just dunno what we will get from Cole? He has only had 1 game vs Sox this year where he was better than 6 inn 3 runs and that was a ways back in ny, then next time it was back to 5 inning 3 runs in Boston. Im not saying he gets crushed but I’m just not confident he goes 6-7 with only a run allowed. He obviously capable of that I just havnt seen it a ton and certainly not at Fenway. I think yanks be in pretty good shape if he gives them 5-6 and 3 runs. Their lineup gotta be able to top that vs evoldi and a shaky pen.

Last edited:
Ended up playing dk’s yaks/over 7.5 option at +195 (prob a rip off if I did the math but whatever), over straight, and Devers over 1.5 total bases +125

Man I forgot to look and see if they had scherzer strikeout prop up., has anyone seen/know what it is?

Cole if he can get some sticky going will be shut down. Without it he’s pedestrian. It’s as simple as that.

Last game in Boston was almost 80 and humid. Tonight will be high 50s and chilly. Not sure if that’s good for bad but I do remember Cole fist fucking the Yankees 2 years back in these conditions.

I’ll be kicking myself if yanks win and it stays under cause during the Monday night game I was saying was gonna take me parlay ticket chargers were closing and put it all on yanks. Then I started actually capping the game (see what I did there? Clever right? Lol), more I looked the more Cole spooked me. Obviously I still like the evil empire but ended up keying on over. All these mashers yanks have gotta show up vs a starter I think might be running on fumes and a shaky ass pen! You know sox pen has issues when in that must win game on Sunday they trotted out one starter after another, that speaks volumes imo.

Haven't Seen Anything Yet

Unless he has really hit the wall I think he gets 8-9 k’s minimum. Think cards can hit a bomb or 2 and get him out before he goes 7 but they will fan a bunch if he on. He stuck out 13 over 8 last time they faced. I’d love to be wrong bout that and his tank really on E, certainly could be the case, he was pitching like a mad man after coming over from Nats, could be he should have paced himself at his age!

Back