Wild Card Games Discussion Thread

Max Last 2 Games He Only Went 5 Innings (When They Needed Him Most) In Race For 1st Place. (Sept 23 And 29)

The Three Before Those Two? 8 inn - 8 inn - 7 inn (Pooping Out At End Of Season?!)

Wainwright Is NO Spring Chicken At 40. His Last 3 Starts He Went 6 inn - 4 inn - 6 inn

I'm Thinking This COULD Be Decided By The Bullpens... Advantage LA There...

Max Gave Up 11 Hits 5 ER In 5.1 Innings And 6 Hits 5 ER In 5 Innings Last Two...

Cards +200 1st 5 Innings?!

Just Thinking Out Loud Here...

i really like Devers ov 1.5 bases at +125.. thought about hr but that was only +300 i think, seemed dumb/greedy to play that when over total bases cashes if he hits a bomb and really not that hard to get if he doesnt!! of course of his 5 hits off Cole 3 been dingers, the other 2 singles so maybe the +300 not bad? felt to short tho..

i bet it straight and also parlayed with cards ml, made cards +541 2marro if i get the 2 bases tonight!!! seemed like a good way to make me feel like i had a decent amount on cards while only risking 50 bucks!!! lol.. now just need him to hit a double or bomb in 1st inning!! then i dont even have to add to cardinals!!!

Evoldi is from Galvin Texas...home of Nolan Ryan...dude is a gamer come playoff time..why not take the sox +1.5..-155..if pullpen cant close the door,,,

I'd give the BP edge to Stl personally

for sure.. they have been really good!! they really figured something out with Garcia after they brought him over.. got him to stop throwing 4 seamers and just throwing power sinker to go with the filthy slider.. he has given up a few his last couple outing but overall he been nails. hopefully getting little rest be good for him.. we got lot of guys with stuff hanging around down there, early in the year the problem was none of them were throwing damn strikes!! pretty sure at one point we lead all baseball in walks out the pen and walking guys with the bases loaded!! not good!!! it has gotten greatly improved as of late tho.

for sure.. they have been really good!! they really figured something out with Garcia after they brought him over.. got him to stop throwing 4 seamers and just throwing power sinker to go with the filthy slider.. he has given up a few his last couple outing but overall he been nails. hopefully getting little rest be good for him.. we got lot of guys with stuff hanging around down there, early in the year the problem was none of them were throwing damn strikes!! pretty sure at one point we lead all baseball in walks out the pen and walking guys with the bases loaded!! not good!!! it has gotten greatly improved as of late tho.
And to find any weakness on LAD the BP is exactly where you go in an instant

Im on yanks. Bos barely beat the nats. I trust cole and then pen more than eovaldi abs Boston’s
im with you but not sure the nats games mean anything here? they def were shaky trying to close out a spot. yanks swept them then they went and struggled losing 2 of 3 to balty! evil empire has beaten them to a pulp in the second half, cant remember last time sox beat them? yanks have won what 6-7 in a row? i dont trust Cole very much,,crazy he the cy young fav, that has to speak to not being any great pitchers in AL this year!! every time i have watched him that last month or 2 he been living in the middle the plate way too much..

I think tonight is a complete toss-up. If Cole comes out and looks sharp, obviously prefer him to Eovaldi. But Eovaldi can have some absolutely dominant games when he is on.

And to find any weakness on LAD the BP is exactly where you go in an instant

i know they finally came thru in the pressure spots last year (with hardly any fans on a neutral field, just saying) but when the chips are down late in a close playoff game ill take cards vs lad all day every day!! we just gotta get into the pen and be close when it happens!!!

as i said im not expecting waino to be vintage playoff shut down waino vs these bats, his stuff just isnt that anymore. he done a fantastic job reinventing himself but he puts up a lot his dominating performances vs bad lineups these days (id hate to see the number fall off if we take away all the dominate performances against the pirates this year! lol). he will battle, the game plan him and yadi come up with to get thru the lineup will be as good it gets and he will execute it to a tee. still think that equals lad scoring 3 or so off him. long as he can keep it there i like cards chances..the price kinda suggest Scherzer comes out and just dominates us like he did last time we saw him.. if that happens we have no chance cause i just dont think waino can duplicate that. its a shame we dont have flaherty all the way back cause he the guy who could match that.

i will say this the best offense we have taken into the post season in some time!! since the beginning the win streak cards have a collective ops of almost .850!! of course the only team better during that stretch been the doyers :( at least i feel like they have the bats to legitimately compete this year. last few times they been in i havnt felt that way,, only reason cards made that nlcs vs nats was cause pitching and braves being choke artist!! not like that anything new tho, giants and cards the only NL teams who always rise to the occasion in the playoffs, the rest the perennial nl playoff teams often shrink in the moment!!

Who has the better junk, curve, slider tonight?...rather back the fastball guy tonight 1st 5....

Congrats to all Sox backers. Only Yankee ready to play was Stanton. I knew when he hit that bomb in the 1st that stayed in the park it was over lol

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Plays I'm LOOKING At...

Cards 1st 5, +.5 (+130)

Cards ML 1st 5 (+205)

Cards/LA OVER 3.5 1st 5 (-120)

My Feeling Is Max Is Pooping Out At End Of Season Here. l

Last Two Games: 10 Earned Runs And 17 Hits...(3 Of Those 17 Were HR's) In 10.1 Innings VS Colorado & San Diego.

Well I really whiffed on last nights game. Thought I had quite a bit “right” despite not getting the result. Def had Cole pegged Cept he was even worse than I thought he be! That only effected game script in the sense it was tougher for yanks pen to hold up having to take on those extra innings.

I thought Cora actually did me a huge favor having the quick hook with evoldi which gave me exactly what I asked for, 3+ innings of Sox pen despite yanks taking awful ab’s vs evoldi to the point I didn’t think they see much the pen! Unfortunately they continued not hitting. In fairness to me that stupid green monster really what killed the over bets, Stanton could have easily had 3 bombs! Most def 2! That second one he hit (where judge stupidity got thrown out at home) I thought was 3-3 soon as he made contact, he crushed that ball only to be bout 2-3 feet from clearing that stupid wall!! Who knows what happens in that game if he did tie it at 3? What I do know is i woulda for sure cashed ovsr and most likely the alternate overs also!

Cole screwed my Devers prop by walking him his both cracks at Cole which was the matchup I was betting on! Anyways, what can ya do? Hindsight I’d say it was a mistake not to look at Sox ff since I didn’t trust Cole but had no interest being on Sox in 7-8-9th, typically that be a Taylor made Ff for me, guess my baseball is rusty!! Lol.

On to tonight:

So any you LA fans or anyone just has knowledge of doyers ballpark know if shadows be a issue with this start time? I heard on radio this morning they are at this time! Also cowboy Joe west calling balls and strike! Both these things are huge adv for waino imo. I actually think if there are shadows waino might just be able to exceed my expectations, def changed my mind about Ff under, that could be solid as both those things helpful to scherzer as well. The reason i think it favors cards more is if Max is on he doesn’t need any help, won’t change the fact cards gonna have to simply hit a bomb or 2 off him! I do think it makes Max over strikeout prop more appealing. As long as he doesn’t get yanked early he gonna punch out 9-10 guys!

Plays I'm LOOKING At...

Cards 1st 5, +.5 (+130)

Cards ML 1st 5 (+205)

I like all of these plays really, but particularly the +.5 play at plus money in the first five. I'm already on the Cards to win the game, so I don't think I'm going to play it, but I actually think I like this bet more than the Cards for the full game.

So any you LA fans or anyone just has knowledge of doyers ballpark know if shadows be a issue with this start time? I heard on radio this morning they are at this time!
Don't Quote Me @2daBank But I'm PRETTY Sure, Batters Will Be In Shade And Pitcher Will Be In Sun At First Pitch Tonight...How Long Will It Last? 2 Innings Maybe? Then, Outfield (Center And Right) Will Still Have To Deal With It. Especially Right Field. Sun Moves From Left To Right Field.

Don't Quote Me @2daBank But I'm PRETTY Sure, Batters Will Be In Shade And Pitcher Will Be In Sun At First Pitch Tonight...How Long Will It Last? 2 Innings Maybe? Then, Outfield (Center And Right) Will Still Have To Deal With It. Especially Right Field. Sun Moves From Left To Right Field.

Could be the little edge waino needs! Plus cowboy Joe tendency to have a big k-zone will be huge for him, he gotta get borderline pitches at this point in his career to get thru a lineup this good a few times clean.

When I Said Sun Moves Left To Right, I Should Have Said...Haha. Sun Sets On Left Field Side. So As It Goes Down, And Hits The Stadium, The Shadows Start From Left To Right...

Plays I'm LOOKING At...

Cards 1st 5, +.5 (+130)

Cards ML 1st 5 (+205)

Last Two Games: 10 Earned Runs And 17 Hits...(3 Of Those 17 Were HR's) In 10.1 Innings VS Colorado & San Diego.

I feel like cards have the edge in the pen so not a fan of ff as much. You could be right about max tho, I leaned ff over until I heard bout potential shadows. Max might have spent too much energy proving himself when he got to la! He was unhittable that 1st month or 2! He not exactly a kid anymore so maybe he is out of gas. That said 1 the games was at coors, I don’t usually hold anything that happens there against pitchers! How his velo been in those starts? Same or has it dropped?

Current conditions:
Overcast. Temperature is 70°F (21°C) at 68% humidity. Wind from the West and calm at 4 mph (6 km/h).

Game time:
Partly cloudy at 70°F (21°C) and 71% humidity. Wind from the West Southwest and calm at 7 mph (11 km/h). Chance of precipitation: 1%.

Game time plus 1 hour:
Partly cloudy at 67°F (19°C) and 78% humidity. Wind from the West Southwest and calm at 7 mph (11 km/h). Chance of precipitation: 1%.

Game time plus 2 hours:
Partly cloudy at 65°F (18°C) and 84% humidity. Wind from the West Southwest and calm at 7 mph (11 km/h). Chance of precipitation: 1%.

Plays I'm LOOKING At...

Cards 1st 5, +.5 (+130)

Cards ML 1st 5 (+205)

scary to make that guess, but if you're right you will be paid handsomely

Going to start at 7 and bet over incrementally up to 10

Let's go runs

Hopefully Cardinals runs, they will be played too. Hate LAD pen so unless it's a 4 run deficit in the 8th I think they've got life

Well I really whiffed on last nights game. Thought I had quite a bit “right” despite not getting the result. Def had Cole pegged Cept he was even worse than I thought he be! That only effected game script in the sense it was tougher for yanks pen to hold up having to take on those extra innings.

I thought Cora actually did me a huge favor having the quick hook with evoldi which gave me exactly what I asked for, 3+ innings of Sox pen despite yanks taking awful ab’s vs evoldi to the point I didn’t think they see much the pen! Unfortunately they continued not hitting. In fairness to me that stupid green monster really what killed the over bets, Stanton could have easily had 3 bombs! Most def 2! That second one he hit (where judge stupidity got thrown out at home) I thought was 3-3 soon as he made contact, he crushed that ball only to be bout 2-3 feet from clearing that stupid wall!! Who knows what happens in that game if he did tie it at 3? What I do know is i woulda for sure cashed ovsr and most likely the alternate overs also!

Cole screwed my Devers prop by walking him his both cracks at Cole which was the matchup I was betting on! Anyways, what can ya do? Hindsight I’d say it was a mistake not to look at Sox ff since I didn’t trust Cole but had no interest being on Sox in 7-8-9th, typically that be a Taylor made Ff for me, guess my baseball is rusty!! Lol.

On to tonight:

So any you LA fans or anyone just has knowledge of doyers ballpark know if shadows be a issue with this start time? I heard on radio this morning they are at this time! Also cowboy Joe west calling balls and strike! Both these things are huge adv for waino imo. I actually think if there are shadows waino might just be able to exceed my expectations, def changed my mind about Ff under, that could be solid as both those things helpful to scherzer as well. The reason i think it favors cards more is if Max is on he doesn’t need any help, won’t change the fact cards gonna have to simply hit a bomb or 2 off him! I do think it makes Max over strikeout prop more appealing. As long as he doesn’t get yanked early he gonna punch out 9-10 guys!
don't recall shadows being a big deal, but i feel like LAD never plays in this window

Waino surprisingly only 3 starts with Cowboy Joe and one was bad from a walk perspective (5) but it was a long time ago. Most recent two starts were solid, not even worth checking Max cuz i'm sure he has a great history

I don't like TB props on the best players cuz they're surely major walk candidates

I think last night showed that per usual there will be overmanaging in the playoffs and expecting deep outings from SP are unlikely since they will be pulled at first sign of trouble unless a game is out of hand (playoffs out of hand is probably a 6-run lead, regular season 3-4)

Going to start at 7 and bet over incrementally up to 10

Let's go runs

Hopefully Cardinals runs, they will be played too. Hate LAD pen so unless it's a 4 run deficit in the 8th I think they've got life

alrighty someone tell me why the LAD pen is so poor?

Jansen is better than he has been in years
Treinen is the nastiest they got
Kelly is very hard to trust but has delivered this season
Knebel a reclamation project from being one of the most dominant relievers in a season

Graterol being 5th choice with that arm is pretty nice, and he may be 6th with Bickford

hit submit too early, StL pen has real control issues that have improved throughout the season but i still don't trust much besides Gallegos who can still walk the world

Reyes is too scary, Cabrera similar. Garcia has been very good, but not sure he's proven he can be reliable in this environment (can be said for many of the StL relievers)

My biggest fear for a StL bet besides Waino getting hit hard is that he doesn't get through 6 so you've got a lot of those arms being used and really testing their control as a group since if one is wild then the others follow suit

don't recall shadows being a big deal, but i feel like LAD never plays in this window

Waino surprisingly only 3 starts with Cowboy Joe and one was bad from a walk perspective (5) but it was a long time ago. Most recent two starts were solid, not even worth checking Max cuz i'm sure he has a great history

I don't like TB props on the best players cuz they're surely major walk candidates

I think last night showed that per usual there will be overmanaging in the playoffs and expecting deep outings from SP are unlikely since they will be pulled at first sign of trouble unless a game is out of hand (playoffs out of hand is probably a 6-run lead, regular season 3-4)

Yea I was surprised west hadn’t done a waino game in so long, kinda made the history worthless since he a completely different pitcher these days. I consider west k-zone to be big so should only help. Max numbers w him sick as they prob are with most umps!

Yea I was surprised west hadn’t done a waino game in so long, kinda made the history worthless since he a completely different pitcher these days. I consider west k-zone to be big so should only help. Max numbers w him sick as they prob are with most umps!
West is and has always been an over ump, usually around 63% strikes which is hitter friendly these days

But he's an emotional wild card, maybe likes 40 year old pitchers

I feel like cards have the edge in the pen so not a fan of ff as much. You could be right about max tho, I leaned ff over until I heard bout potential shadows. Max might have spent too much energy proving himself when he got to la! He was unhittable that 1st month or 2! He not exactly a kid anymore so maybe he is out of gas. That said 1 the games was at coors, I don’t usually hold anything that happens there against pitchers! How his velo been in those starts? Same or has it dropped?

Heard on sportsgrid his velo was down his last start. I haven’t verified, but no reason for me to doubt the source…

In-game on the total might be the way to go. NRFI was at like -140 or so last time I checked. That first inning or two may be a bunch of shadows so you may see the scoring start slow and get a better price to take a shot on the over.

Heard on sportsgrid his velo was down his last start. I haven’t verified, but no reason for me to doubt the source…

Decided to just bet cards and not try to get fancy, just enjoy the game. I’m not super confident in them but that price is stupid imo, plus max potentially not his dominate self I don’t really see why la should be more than -140ish -150 tops? No muncy also a big deal.

Max Last Time Out 1 Week Ago Today @SD

5.1 Innings. 11 Hits 5 Earned Runs No Walks 4 K's

I Just Think Odds Are Way Too Huge Not To Throw Some Bucks The Cards Way...

Could Just Be A SD Thing?!

Last 2 'Bad' Starts For Max? (Besides A Week Ago?!)

SD July 8th - 3.2 Innings 5 Hits 7 Earned Runs

SD July 18th - 7 Innings 4 Hits 4 Earned Runs...

Could Just Be A SD Thing?!

Last 2 'Bad' Starts For Max? (Besides A Week Ago?!)

SD July 8th - 3.2 Innings 5 Hits 7 Earned Runs

SD July 18th - 7 Innings 4 Hits 4 Earned Runs...
He's 37 and relies on heat to set up other pitches

It's getting late in the career, it's a loooonnnng season after a very short one

Not shocking he's not perfecting it at this point in the season. Lots of miles on that arm and it's beginning to show. If he pitches a masterpiece, tip the cap but age isn't a myth

He's 37 and relies on heat to set up other pitches

It's getting late in the career, it's a loooonnnng season after a very short one

Not shocking he's not perfecting it at this point in the season. Lots of miles on that arm and it's beginning to show. If he pitches a masterpiece, tip the cap but age isn't a myth
I think he pitches well. Just don’t think he shuts this lineup down, the way they are going the last 20 games or so. Hope it’s a good game and not a choke job, on all fronts, like nyy last night

Max two bad starts but he couldn't keep doing what he did from when he was acquired or they would have to lower the mount mid-season

Max Scherzer
Career W-L record vs. St.L is 4-6
Record with LAD vs. St.L is 1-0 @ St.L
2,76 ERA in those games career.
6 days rest 3.07 ERA 16-12 W/L
10 games with Will Smith 2.60 ERA OBA .215
Dodger Stadium 7-3 W/L 2.63 ERA 1.011 WHIP
Joe West HPU 9 games, 5-2 W/L, 2.06 ERA , 1.129 WHIP

all career numbers FWIW

Last edited:
Back