What have we learned after two weeks of college football?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
agree with tru.
Maryland is much better than I thought.

I have noted that there are fewer penalties called on sideline hits, and on pass interference.
I hope that holds true for the season.
Or am I wrong in my notation?

Illinois seems to have a pulse this year.

I didn't think Northwestern would cover (comfortably ) both opening ooc games.

I just learned that Penn State has amazingly only converted 2 of 26 3rd down attempts! 7.7%!!

I learned that Clowney is still playing like a clown instead of the all-universe everyone awarded him in the off-season.

I learned Kevin Wilson hates playing Navy:

I tried for two years to get out of playing these guys. It’s just difficult. That quarterback is awfully, awfully good. They’re no-huddling with it. …

Navy's installed new formations, and wrinkles and looked harder to stop than ever. It's on tape now, but IU was at a big disadvantage since Navy had bye week 1 and there was no tape of their spring game or anything.

I learned ECU cannot run the football.

I learned to not expect Texas to ever learn how to defend a mobile running qb. Could never stop Klein, couldn't stop a qb from running who they should WANT to throw the football. All the sudden they cant tackle. ( as in dating back to early 2012 ) ...

I learned WKU is a really good football team.

I learned that USC has no QB and an outdated offensive system. The qb play from them is an atrocity.

I learned the team speed of the Baylor skill position players is absolutely insane.

I learned Wake Forest is VERY slow getting plays into the team.

From same game ...BC RB Williams is gonna run hard every carry. Offense unimaginative.

I learned WVU learning curve might be shorter than I thought. Improvement week over week was noticeable.

Pretty sure LSU finally has balance between offense and defense and taking it a step forward from rush game to pass game on offense. No glaring weaknesses on this team right now ( outside of game day head coach decisions regarding the clock ).

Oregon is going undefeated and will play in the BCS Title game. They could be man for man the fastest team in the history of college football and Mariota is a maesto.

I learned that the class of the Big 12 is Oklahoma State and Baylor.

I still think the Oklahoma State defense is better than 56-35 indicates.

Baylor's skill positions are insane.

Western Kentucky and Arkansas State are the class of the Sun Belt and should beat everyone else by 10+ points per game.

Navy is a difficult out with so many players returning.

West Virginia is awful and head coach will be looking for a new job by the end of the year.

Utah State has an opportunity to win the MWC if Keeton stays healthy.

Middle of the SEC appears a little softer than usual.

Reinforced one of the things I have profited on over and over through the years.

A great coach taking a new job is one of the most reliable ways to make money. Mike Leach, Petrino, Mike McIntyre, Bielema--when a proven winning coach like those take over a program they will improve immediately and the books never take that into account (those four listed are 7-1 this year).

If they take over a program that is already winning and has good players they will win--and cover--the first year. If they take over a really bad program they will immediately be better the first year and start winning the second.

And you will always get a bargain--usually getting lots of points--because it takes several weeks for the books to put up a true number.

Agree with you about the speed of Oregon, Kid.

I have used team speed as one of the most important handicapping factors so I am always watching for it, but I have never seen a team this fast. I was amazed watching them against Virginia.

Every college team in the country better thank their lucky stars that Sistrunk transferred to Baylor or Oregon would be unstoppable.

Reinforced one of the things I have profited on over and over through the years.

A great coach taking a new job is one of the most reliable ways to make money. Mike Leach, Petrino, Mike McIntyre, Bielema--when a proven winning coach like those take over a program they will improve immediately and the books never take that into account (those four listed are 7-1 this year).

If they take over a program that is already winning and has good players they will win--and cover--the first year. If they take over a really bad program they will immediately be better the first year and start winning the second.

And you will always get a bargain--usually getting lots of points--because it takes several weeks for the books to put up a true number.

This is mike leach 2nd year at wazzu, not 1st. That shoulda been in ur notebook

we learned that Marshall can still promote his music in any situation

Eminem.gif

It was in Tru, that's why I pointed out if a coach takes over a bad situation--not many worse than Wazzou when he took over--they will improve immediately and start winning the second.

Leach was 5-5-1 ATS last year, but still got two touchdowns in both games this year.

I'll have an eye on UTEP totals. Mainly overs.
Either the running back for NewMex was the second coming of Jim Brown or that defense is bad.
The worse tackling I've seen since junior high.

he has six tackles and one sack, the exact same stats as after two games last season.

Lol. I need to know if you are just making a funny and are on my side or if you are being serious? Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards you being serious, but I am noncommited.

I learned that the class of the Big 12 is Oklahoma State and Baylor.

I still think the Oklahoma State defense is better than 56-35 indicates.

Baylor's skill positions are insane.

Western Kentucky and Arkansas State are the class of the Sun Belt and should beat everyone else by 10+ points per game.

Navy is a difficult out with so many players returning.

West Virginia is awful and head coach will be looking for a new job by the end of the year.

Utah State has an opportunity to win the MWC if Keeton stays healthy.

Middle of the SEC appears a little softer than usual.

great post

Back