What have we learned after 5 weeks of college football?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Duke overs look automatic right now, no defense with those guys.

LSU defense is not as good as some think..

sec is all offense it seems

injury report..

Gurley, Marquise Lee, and Evans for TAMU.

This is from last week, but I thought I'd mention it now since I didn't bring it up earlier:

Watch out for Dave Doeren when he has a chance to cover the spread even if it means giving his team a lesser chance of winning. Kicking the PAT vs Clemson to make it 26-14 was inexplicable otherwise. It reminded me of Wisconsin (where Doeren coached before) kicking the PAT vs UVA to make it 26-17 (and cover as +9.5) when the obvious football play is to go for two to try to make it a one-possession(8-point) game.

Last edited:
sec is all offense it seems

injury report..

Gurley, Marquise Lee, and Evans for TAMU.

Bama's defense disagrees.

Johnny Manziel is still a machine, he is putting up video game numbers.

UGA has booked their trip to Atlanta again. Hoping Gurley isn't hurt that badly.

The worst non Georgia State/FIU team in FBS is Miami(OH) as long as that guy Boucher is playing QB. With any other QB, they are probably still the worst. Illinois could have had 100 points on them if they felt like it.

I think you can make a case that the Pac 12 North might be about as good as the SEC West. We know about Washington and Oregon's offenses, but man...those defenses are solid. Washington has come a LONG way defensively from the Rocky Seto clown car days.

If you can figure out Tulane, please report to nearest medical center. Because you can probably cure cancer, or at least help.

South Alabama....just get out of their fucking way

They were easy to figure out last year -- Griffin at QB? Play ON. Griffin injured? Play AGAINST. Not so easy this year.

yeah excluding bama obv craw...they will have trouble with solid qbs tho..sorta.

Ok, Fla and bama.

It's just weird lsu/uga would get what 70 total points? Been a long time since I've seen these type of sec games in top tier.

The worst non Georgia State/FIU team in FBS is Miami(OH) as long as that guy Boucher is playing QB. With any other QB, they are probably still the worst. Illinois could have had 100 points on them if they felt like it.

I think you can make a case that the Pac 12 North might be about as good as the SEC West. We know about Washington and Oregon's offenses, but man...those defenses are solid. Washington has come a LONG way defensively from the Rocky Seto clown car days.

sarkisian=great coach

Finally got a good look at FSU-south QB .... wow, is all I can say. Extremely impressive skill set.

I also got to see BC that game and came away thinking the new coach has them headed back to becoming relevant ( at least as much as they were during the O'Brien days ). That program is on the rise in my opinion.

ASU defense is not quite what I thought it was ... gave them passes for Stanford and Wisconsin but the tackling ( or lack thereof ) that I saw in the USC game is just hard to forgive.

any thread with a clown car reference is good

Gotta throw NMSU into that mix...

Sean Schroeder is a QB we may have to pay attention too. He might be the real deal.

Back