What am I missing in Michigan-Wisconsin game

Gamesmanship... It's a high ankle so who knows... He was good to go a few days ago and then heard rumblings today of maybe questionable again... More than anything they need him back on punt coverage... See how it shakes down.

I guess my point is michigan is who they are. A second teir team on par with wisky. Taking a deeper dive into recruiting tells a large part of the story. Average player ranking is a far more reliable metric. But at this point wisky looks to be by far the better coached team. Also look at usc they have one of the highest rated ncaafb rosters yet most of their talent is in skill and not line play. And they are a joke of a team.

I personally hope michigan loses by double digits to maybe create some value on them heading forward especially against weaker opponents which is where jimmie really earns that paycheck

It's tough to get value on Michigan. Last year they beat ranked teams Wisky, MSU and PSU by a combined score of 101-27 three weeks in a row to just make the end of season lines ridiculous. After this game, you almost need to them to lose at home to Iowa to create any value. Possible obviously... But even if they lose the PSU/ND b2b they come right back with Maryland then Sparty (Superbowl). You literally need a dumpster season to hopefully catch well into DDs in the last game of the season.

Took the under 44 and may add some more after checking the weather forecast for Madison.

50% chance of rain with winds into the teens by kickoff.

Is Chatbonnet really that important? RB seems like the most easily replaced position, but don't know what Michigan has on depth.

Is Chatbonnet really that important? RB seems like the most easily replaced position, but don't know what Michigan has on depth.
Here is the thing about him. He is one of their best blockers in passing game already. They have no depth and other injuries back there. If this is 100% true then that over I took looks even better. They are going to have to pass and pass a lot. Me likey.

Took the under 44 and may add some more after checking the weather forecast for Madison.

50% chance of rain with winds into the teens by kickoff.
Lot of time between now and then but that cold front is moving through later on Saturday it looks like (as it reaches here Sunday). We'll see...weather is fickle as can be.

Charbonnet looked like the worst RB in college to me. A 3 yard per carry chump. If they have no one better they really do stink.

Charbonnet looked like the worst RB in college to me. A 3 yard per carry chump. If they have no one better they really do stink.
He's a whole lot better than that man. Yes, I he depth is awful but don't judge him on one game. He's gonna be a heck of a 4 year player here.

I really think Wisconsin is overrated based on the teams they played. Think they have a good chance at winning the West, but don't see them much better than the 15-20th ranked team in the country.

Bye week for a team that held on as a giant favorite against a service academy is very useful, I’m hoping they can regroup.

With that said, Wisconsin has an identity, also had a bye, has revenge, and is playing at home. I wouldn’t be in any rush to play Michigan below 7 here. The Michigan offensive line is getting no push in the early going and that scares me more than anything else, and one guy coming back probably won’t magically fix everything.

OSU writer who took the rumor from the other players mom's FB is now backtracking a bit about Charbonnet. So, we'll see come Saturday. I still have a theory here I'll type out later today .

I'm not on Wisky other than starting with that position. My clear play on this game is the over 43

The good thing about potential weather... Is it will be delays anyways as lightning will be associated. So, it isn't a huge concern right now other than the continuity of the game.

I gotta say I’m more excited for mich games than most osu games. Plus when I have money on the game that always helps. The meltdowns mich’s 247 pay site has are legendary. Lol

Looks like charbonnet will play, but he is banged up. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pulled in the 2nd/3rd q. He can’t be close to 100%. Supposedly (internet scuttlebutt) he needs a minor procedure and he was talked into waiting a few weeks. We will see if that’s true obviously. If true, This may even backfire on harbaugh playing him if he gets pulled. Kind of a smell of desperation imo if all comes to true from rumors.

DPJ is out. Is it a big deal? I don’t think so. He’s not in game shape. Ankle would still be a bit tender.

Jeter at DT is out/hurt and playing, something like that I believe.

Dwumfore is out I believe.

Khaleke Hudson has to be at his best vs Taylor for mich to have a shot at winning. Even then I’m not sure mich’s interior is going to hold up all day vs the run. But if Hudson let’s taylor catch swings and wheel routes then it’s over because he’s getting his between the tackles.

So what happened is one of the Michigan players mom's blabbed something on a private FB page. Kyle Lamb (OSU guy) ran with it. He retracted most of that 12 hours later. No one uses 247 site at all. All the actual credible insiders said there was nothing to this but then they even said we'll check. No one was ever convinced. If he needs a procedure, now is the time...as this game and Iowa mean MUCH less in the scheme of division race. If you are gonna lose, lose a crossover game (i.e. OSU at Purdue last year). He's fine... That's just one mom that loves to gossip starting an avalanche. Should be a good game... Expect a lot of throwing.

Still absolutely love my over. I'll toy with my starting number tomorrow morning or live. Imma say 27-23 either way is my prediction.

This game actually bigger for Wisconsin. They haven't played a pulse yet. They can set the tone for a special season and trip to championship game with a good win here. Again, Michigan has to win division games first and foremost.

Yep. I'll be on it as well. I really think this gets out to a quick start. 21-13 type of score at halftime.
They’ve scored 13, 24 and 7 the last 3 years vs Michigan, you really think they’re that dynamic on offense to drop 21 first half points on pace for a 35-38 point game vs Michigan?

I need to see something...ANYTHING...before I can believe Jack Coan is anything to shake a stick at any put up those type of numbers.

@Fondybadger or are you saying you think Michigan is up 21-13 at half type of game.

I think at this point you and @B.A.R. Might be trying to put the reverse jinx on each other.

:tiphat:

I think the game is 50/50. I'll take the points with Michigan. My thoughts are we get an extremely fast start from both teams and they're both in double figures at halftime. The Badgers keep putting shutouts on the board, but a catch here, a non-holding penalty there and these crap teams could have put up some points.

I think Wisconsin is going to be able to hit some big plays. JT with a 30+ yard TD catch. A deep ball. Michigan will be able to pass against Wisconsin.

I agree with bar, I like the over too.

But to say wisky needs to prove it because they have not played anyone is a bit contradictory. Because mich hasn’t played anyone either.

Yes, army is a good group of 5. But they’re decent because they’re quirky, not because they have athletes. They, along with navy when they’re good, beat u because they’re disciplined, don’t make mistakes, and keep the ball away from you. It’s terribly frustrating.

We will just have to agree to disagree, but my money is on ZC being hurt....to an extent. Sam Webb is douchy, and Steve Lorenz is a monstrous homer, but Sam does get a tidbit here and there, moreso on a commit than anything. But he alluded to something going on with ZC. But not going under the knife. So imo something is going on.

But u have to admit that gbw having a 16 page thread in a true frosh that is averaging 3 yds per carry was hilarious.

Also, I guess we have to disagree, this game is enormous for Michigan. Another game vs a ranked team, a big game on the road, played bad so far this year, jh hasn’t won as a dog, on and on. Lose? The media will eat this team alive. The recruiting class is t particularly good, but lose, let the media start the negative commentary, a couple commits will drop in a few weeks. Some are already taking visits. So this game is huge.

Just as an FYI @mutosufan .. Sam is just a mouthpiece for the program. He lost his luster once a few of his guys left program. Steve tells it like it is. Sam gets laughed at...big time. He is a company guy is all. The true insiders are names on sites you don't know ..hell took me years to figure out. The donors... players family...etc... No one credible uses 247 at all... Sam just cares about his radio show... He still has Najees room key wrapped around his neck.

I agree with bar, I like the over too.

But to say wisky needs to prove it because they have not played anyone is a bit contradictory. Because mich hasn’t played anyone either.

Yes, army is a good group of 5. But they’re decent because they’re quirky, not because they have athletes. They, along with navy when they’re good, beat u because they’re disciplined, don’t make mistakes, and keep the ball away from you. It’s terribly frustrating.

We will just have to agree to disagree, but my money is on ZC being hurt....to an extent. Sam Webb is douchy, and Steve Lorenz is a monstrous homer, but Sam does get a tidbit here and there, moreso on a commit than anything. But he alluded to something going on with ZC. But not going under the knife. So imo something is going on.

But u have to admit that gbw having a 16 page thread in a true frosh that is averaging 3 yds per carry was hilarious.

Also, I guess we have to disagree, this game is enormous for Michigan. Another game vs a ranked team, a big game on the road, played bad so far this year, jh hasn’t won as a dog, on and on. Lose? The media will eat this team alive. The recruiting class is t particularly good, but lose, let the media start the negative commentary, a couple commits will drop in a few weeks. Some are already taking visits. So this game is huge.
Who is taking visits? Shea's brother? He has been written off as a commit for months. Division games are much bigger. JH needs a good road win, yes... PSU and MSU really the only ones of note... But against ranked he's 7-9 now I believe...much better last year....

It's a no win situation for Michigan. If they win...then it's..."Wisconsin hasn't played anyone" and was overrated. If they lose... the usual narratives. That's how each blowout went last year (PSU and Wisky for example).

Army was considered borderline top 25 to start the year. So, yeah...about that. They was everyone's big upset all summer they were predicting.

The last thing I want to stress there...if you go to GbW for Michigan into...stop...and exit. All the reputable people have left there. There is literally hardly any true insiders on the board anymore. It's a brutal place.

The media has been pumping up this narrative all week. I've never seen so much coverage of a Wisky Michigan September game lol. It's funny. They are thirsting for it. Michigan was overrated to start the year. I'd say...they are around too 9-15 right now... That whole winning big ten thing was cute...but that's counting on Fields getting hurt. The OSU chemistry with Meyer gone is much better and they control their own destiny.

Back