WGC-Match Play

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Weird tournament/format to bet. In some ways I like it better because it's more like other sports betting, but when talking about the 64ish best golfers on the planet, 64 can beat 1 pretty easily. Seeding will be tonight, will see what interesting matches there are. Also like that you can bet to win a region just like the NCAAT.

For one and done, I am leaning Day and Rory right out the gates. I usually like to pick a mid-tier guy here and hope he makes a run, like Louis, Casey, etc. But there's a lot of prize money at stake and the winner is usually a big name player. When Rory goes on a heater, he can win multiple in a row and he's won this before, just at a different course. Day has won on this course, WD last year. That's pretty much his career in a nutshell. Rose, Stenson, Rickie and Adam Scott are sitting this one out.

Thing with JDay is if he's remotely on he's the best match play golfer in the world

Well yeah that was accounted for. Not sure how great the Cat is lately in match play, only hope he returns to that for all of humanity

Looking at the brackets, I think I like J Day's draw better. Having Oosthuizen in the same group isn't ideal, but Day did beat him in the final to win it 2 years ago, I think. But other than a potential match with DJ in the quarters, I think that side of the bracket is "easier."

3 for today:

Kuchar -105 vs ZJ
Bubba -105 vs Grace
Finau +115 vs Pieters

ZJ birdies last 4 holes to go from 4 down with 4 to go to halve match. SOB. Finau wins, Bubba is up 4 with 4 to go. Don't go full Kuch on me now

Had a 10 player parlay today with all the big names. But looks like a lot of them went down today

Last edited:
I do stil have a Aphibarnrat/Sharma play left Thats a big bet for me Today.
Single bets as well
Aphibarnrat -105
Sharma +165

Thursday:

Bubba -120 vs Leishman
Cam Smith +140 vs Hideki
Fisher +125 vs ZJ
Weisberger EV vs Kisner

Like Bubba after yesterday's sizzling performance, opposite on ZJ and Hideki.

Great call on Ross and Cam.

Thanks. About to dive in to today’s matches. Surprised that both DJ and Rahm are already eliminated. Wonder if they’ll grind or mail it in?

Thanks. About to dive in to today’s matches. Surprised that both DJ and Rahm are already eliminated. Wonder if they’ll grind or mail it in?
Pretty sure 17-64 get paid and FedEx cup points based on their final point tallies/positions

I'm with you on Barnrat and Garcia today....want to play Casey in some fashion. Seems like good value on Molinari today, he has been making a lot of birdies out there. Lean Duffner and Matsuyama also. BOL

Pretty sure 17-64 get paid and FedEx cup points based on their final point tallies/positions

Yeah I figure the lower rated guys will definitely try their best, but guys like DJ, Rahm, Rory and Phil aren’t motivated as much by a few extra dollars or points

Now the Sweet 16 is here. Who does everyone like to win it all.
I like Reed Hatton & Kuch but damn those 3 are in the same bracket and Reed and Hatton would be an Eliete 8 match damn.
I want to take 4 golfers 2 in each 8.
So Kuch and I think I will go Hatton
Then Bubba or Barnrat and JT

For some reason, I’ve been thinking Bubba would win this for a week or so. Read that JT takes over world #1 if he makes it to the final match

Saturday morning:

Bubba -125 vs Harman
Barnrat -115 CH3
Poulter +110 vs Louis
Reed -120 vs Noren
Smith +115 vs Hatton

I really like this match play. I wish they would do it more often.
And love waking up to Live Golf on tv

Last edited:
Reed is disappointing this am.
Bubba may win this like you said gps but damn JT is playing well.

My plays this am have been shit.
I didn't get a chance to play a future last night, I'll look again after the am session.

Damn. My book not updating fast enough, never got lines for the first 2 afternoon matches

Did I read or hear that Poulter has to win another match to get in the Masters?
If so, he should play w/ a litttle extra today

I took Kisner, probably dumb move but he always seems to be composed under pressure. Could be death betting into Poults

I almost took Kisner at +100 but I kept thinking about IP needing to win to play at Augusta

Man I forgot how great it was to take naps while watching golf!! Just got me I wonderful little 30-40 min nap in! Gonna leave on and see if I got get another 1 in while nobody else in the house!! Lol

Yeah it was a bad line. Didn’t realize it until a few minutes ago. Oh well. Overall a successful tournament

Good year for Bubba so far. Has to now be the favorite at Augusta. He had really fallen off the past few years.

Quietly 11 wins, 2 WGC and 2 majors.

Good year for Bubba so far. Has to now be the favorite at Augusta. He had really fallen off the past few years.

Quietly 11 wins, 2 WGC and 2 majors.

Won't tiger be the fav? Not saying he should be or anything, id just assume it getting to point once again where odds for him total shit since squares like me bet him regardless, lol.

Back