Week 8 Discussion Thread

As I mentioned the other day, while I think having the extra week to prep should be helpful I’m not sure how good it does them when they not capable of simulating the offense in practice?

Wake has scored 35+ on everyone, just not sure Army can slow WF down other than keeping the ball away. Maybe If army can limit possessions wake will have a problem getting the offense going? Wake been playing some really tight games of late. Cuse going for well over 300 on the ground has to be a concern, could be getting gashed on the ground the last 2 games and staring at army top rushing offense will catch the defenses attention? Whether they can get army into some 3rd and longs should be the key. Whether they can do that I dunno? I was worried rain would hurt wake but now I see it down to only 30% chance, still to far out to trust the weatherman.
I think the O52 is in play....WF dropping 35 minimum in all 6 games....Army defense is thin and tired after playing Wisconsin. WF D can be ran on as seen vs L Ville and Cuse....Hard for me to too see both defenses playing lights out vs teams that have offenses the other is most vulnerable to....I see no reason both teams dont hit at least 24....maybe a 1st half 0ver 26/27 play is in order as WF will have to adjust things a bit at halftime to stop the option...

I think the O52 is in play....WF dropping 35 minimum in all 6 games....Army defense is thin and tired after playing Wisconsin. WF D can be ran on as seen vs L Ville and Cuse....Hard for me to too see both defenses playing lights out vs teams that have offenses the other is most vulnerable to....I see no reason both teams dont hit at least 24....maybe a 1st half 0ver 26/27 play is in order as WF will have to adjust things a bit at halftime to stop the option...

makes sense to me,,

nevada/fresno looks to be a potentially really good game,, biggest surprise to me with these teams is fresno defense has been way better than i expected, i knew they could score but didnt think the d would be so solid. i do think some of fresno defensive numbers vs the pass are related to playing so few good passing teams, when ya face ucon, cal poly, wyo (chambers has looked freaking awful the games ive seen him), it certainly helps pad the numbers! unlv threw for almost 300, DTR had his best passing game of the year vs them, so these fantastic pass d stats gotta be a bit a mirage, they 1st in the country in comp percentage against holding teams to 48%!! the yards per completion are high tho,, DTR only completed 14 passes to pile up 280! i dont think either team been playing their best as of late, fresno in particular has really fallen off since the ucla win.. the defense was great against a very bad wyo offense but the offense did very little, Heaner didnt even throw for 100 yards at wyo!! he had huge numbers vs Hawaii but he threw 4 picks!! i strongly believe Nevada the better team and they gotta win this game if they gonna win the MW (for which i have a +360 ticket!).. give me the wolfpack,

nevada/fresno looks to be a potentially really good game,, biggest surprise to me with these teams is fresno defense has been way better than i expected, i knew they could score but didnt think the d would be so solid. i do think some of fresno defensive numbers vs the pass are related to playing so few good passing teams, when ya face ucon, cal poly, wyo (chambers has looked freaking awful the games ive seen him), it certainly helps pad the numbers! unlv threw for almost 300, DTR had his best passing game of the year vs them, so these fantastic pass d stats gotta be a bit a mirage, they 1st in the country in comp percentage against holding teams to 48%!! the yards per completion are high tho,, DTR only completed 14 passes to pile up 280! i dont think either team been playing their best as of late, fresno in particular has really fallen off since the ucla win.. the defense was great against a very bad wyo offense but the offense did very little, Heaner didnt even throw for 100 yards at wyo!! he had huge numbers vs Hawaii but he threw 4 picks!! i strongly believe Nevada the better team and they gotta win this game if they gonna win the MW (for which i have a +360 ticket!).. give me the wolfpack,
With ya

Man, my lean list was big but damn near every dog I dig into I find shit I don’t like. List gettin shorter by the hour. Lol

That's what you go out that, huh?
I reread the previous comment. And, yes, this is what I got from it.

I suppose I should also answer your 1st question:

There is only one universe, hence the prefix "uni". And in this "one" universe, we can break it down to galaxy (milky way). In that galaxy, we have the planet earth. On that planet, the United States has a constitution in which religion is protected. No matter the religion. So, if any ONE religion feels strongly enough about this mandate, that they are willing to stand their ground on its belief. Then an argument can be made in Civil Court using Title VII as the premise. Win or lose, he can make that argument. It is his Constitutional Right.

If you would read a little further, you would see me conversing with another on my political fatigue.

You put out a series of ridiculous questions on a matter I was done with, and I answered 1/2. Apparently, you did not like my response and have resorted to inquiring further. Here is my retort.

How is clemson dc gonna attack him? Does he try to bring pressure? Pickett has a 130ish rating against the blitz this year and his oline been fantastic blocking for him, or does Venable sit back? Pitt has one the best point averages in ncaa when getting inside opponents 40, clemson d one of best in country in points allowed when opponents get inside the 40!!

I really don’t think clemson can win a game that gets into the mid 20s, they might hit a big play or 2 but I don’t think they driving the field on Pitt, they havnt proven to be able to do that against anyone. Total has gotten bet up which I think is advantage pitt, if this isn’t a rock fight I think Pitt wins by 10!

There is obviously a big difference of opinion on this game cause everytime Pitt hits -4 it gets bet back down. I’m of the opinion Pitt -3 is a steal but in all fairness I took Pitt last time they played getting a bunch of points and Pickett threw 4 picks! Lol. I did bet pitt-3 this morning cause I just think they the right side and I’m thrilled at -3, not so much laying more than that cause I could def see clemson making this another low scoring affair, in which case I still think Pitt wins but could push. If the over money is right I think we talking bout 31-20 Pitt.

Anyone care to explain to me why ncst is only -3 at Miami? I don’t think these teams even close, ncst should run for 250 in this game. Line screams im missing something tho.

Anyone care to explain to me why ncst is only -3 at Miami? I don’t think these teams even close, ncst should run for 250 in this game. Line screams im missing something tho.

Guess my only concern is at times ncst has gotten away from feeding those 2 backs, Leary fine but imo they way better when Pearson and knight both getting 15-20 touches.

How is clemson dc gonna attack him? Does he try to bring pressure? Pickett has a 130ish rating against the blitz this year and his oline been fantastic blocking for him, or does Venable sit back? Pitt has one the best point averages in ncaa when getting inside opponents 40, clemson d one of best in country in points allowed when opponents get inside the 40!!

I really don’t think clemson can win a game that gets into the mid 20s, they might hit a big play or 2 but I don’t think they driving the field on Pitt, they havnt proven to be able to do that against anyone. Total has gotten bet up which I think is advantage pitt, if this isn’t a rock fight I think Pitt wins by 10!
You nailed it. Listening to Bet the Board pod as I walked the dogs this morning and they said exactly this. I'm passing and watching for fun (at least pregame), simply because of the contrasts you correctly note. Venables' gameplan could affect a lot, so may make for good live opportunities. Another really interesting angle is that Narduzzi likes to play his corners really aggressively - Clemson certainly has some talent outside, but does DJ have the confidence for Clemson to try to take advantage?

There is obviously a big difference of opinion on this game cause everytime Pitt hits -4 it gets bet back down. I’m of the opinion Pitt -3 is a steal but in all fairness I took Pitt last time they played getting a bunch of points and Pickett threw 4 picks! Lol. I did bet pitt-3 this morning cause I just think they the right side and I’m thrilled at -3, not so much laying more than that cause I could def see clemson making this another low scoring affair, in which case I still think Pitt wins but could push. If the over money is right I think we talking bout 31-20 Pitt.
I think this is finally the over game for Clemson

I've bet the over 70 in LaLa vs the Fightin' Butch Jones' so far. Will likely be on Tulane and Charlotte overs tonight as well. UNLV +4 is a lean

You nailed it. Listening to Bet the Board pod as I walked the dogs this morning and they said exactly this. I'm passing and watching for fun (at least pregame), simply because of the contrasts you correctly note. Venables' gameplan could affect a lot, so may make for good live opportunities. Another really interesting angle is that Narduzzi likes to play his corners really aggressively - Clemson certainly has some talent outside, but does DJ have the confidence for Clemson to try to take advantage?

That easily my fav pod these days, those guys do a awesome job. I was listening to it last night when I fell asleep so I could very well have taken that from them, lol. I usually site places/ppl when I get from them but I had just woke up and was babbling to move thread back to games :)

Pitt secondary def what I think the weak spot on thst team but it could just be because they aggressive and allow explosive plays. Def expect the front 7 to cause Dj problems. I really don’t think clemson can hold Pitt under 24-28 and I just think that more than the offense can put up. I’d think w a few big plays that put clemson in the 17-20 range.

I think this is finally the over game for Clemson

I guess there 2 ways to look at that, I kinda think over good for my Pitt ticket, then again it could mean both teams in mid 20s. 31-20 be lovely to me. Tied at 24 not so much.

Agreed. I think nc st and pitt are the class of the acc, and it’s not very close. Miami with a miracle cover last week, against that swiss cheese unc d. NC St def is for real, and offense is coming around. Offense should control the tempo of the game, while nc st D is gonna give miami O all kinds of problems. This line is saying miami = boston college, which i strongly disagree with. NC St laying 3 at BC and destroyed them, giving up less than 300 total yds. Not trying to play the a>b, so a>c game, just trying to make the case that the book’s PR number on nc st is flat out wrong.

Agreed. I think nc st and pitt are the class of the acc, and it’s not very close. Miami with a miracle cover last week, against that swiss cheese unc d. NC St def is for real, and offense is coming around. Offense should control the tempo of the game, while nc st D is gonna give miami O all kinds of problems. This line is saying miami = boston college, which i strongly disagree with. NC St laying 3 at BC and destroyed them, giving up less than 300 total yds. Not trying to play the a>b, so a>c game, just trying to make the case that the book’s PR number on nc st is flat out wrong.
I’m not sure what Miami really does well. Like you said, UNC really kept them in it last week. Nc state’s aggressive defense should get Van Dyke to turn the ball over a few times. I hit NC state ML pretty hard at open, I just hope they show up here (often see weird atmosphere at Miami games)

I reread the previous comment. And, yes, this is what I got from it.

I suppose I should also answer your 1st question:

There is only one universe, hence the prefix "uni". And in this "one" universe, we can break it down to galaxy (milky way). In that galaxy, we have the planet earth. On that planet, the United States has a constitution in which religion is protected. No matter the religion. So, if any ONE religion feels strongly enough about this mandate, that they are willing to stand their ground on its belief. Then an argument can be made in Civil Court using Title VII as the premise. Win or lose, he can make that argument. It is his Constitutional Right.

If you would read a little further, you would see me conversing with another on my political fatigue.

You put out a series of ridiculous questions on a matter I was done with, and I answered 1/2. Apparently, you did not like my response and have resorted to inquiring further. Here is my retort.
Come on, Mr. Strawman. Give me a break. Your "retort" was a logical fallacy. You're quite obtuse to try and sell your anti-vaccine position. You are obviously arguing that it is religious persecution. You try and go back on your crap with this fatigue and literal interpretation bullshit. Don't worry, I see through you.

agreed,, if they let me give them the game plan i would love this!! lol.. problem is there been a few times where ncst has inexplicably got away from getting those 2 rbs involved, at starksville they were hardly involved at all!! didnt understand the game plan in that one and think there was at least one other. imo they should both be getting 15 touches minimum, whether it handing off or throwing to them i dont care, just make sure they both have ball in their hands cause good things happen when they do!! against a really stout clemson defense both got close to 25 touches each, that the formula for this team to be really good imo.. canes are terrible getting off the field on 3rd downs so let those 2 continue to get into 3rd and short and should own this game., on the other side ncst has been fantastic getting off the field on 3rd downs (2nd lowest conversion rate against in the country!) and canes O not a whole lot better than the d on 3rd down. red zone another drastic contrast, defensively teams have scored on every trip inside the 20! while offensively canes rank 97th in country while ncst red zone d is 11th!! i just dont see many matchups canes have a edge, they been competitive in their last few but van dyke is not very accurate, i see no reason ncst doesnt win this by a rd or more..

dosnt really matter for this play but far as ncst and pitt being the class the acc this year i would agree, although think wake deserves mention,, if pitt beats clemson this week i think they have a really good chance to run the table (man how crappy is that w. mich loss? coulda cost them a shot at the playoff!). the game i think gonna be a real problem for pitt will be uva, uva will turn that game into a shootout! i could say same thing about unc but i dont think heels will be able to keep Howell upright in that game. dont think uva on pitt level but i do think they a problem matchup wise, could be a last team that has the ball wins situation. on the other hand ncst gets to play wake, that looks to me like the game that could decide some things down the road.. assuming they handle business here.

agreed,, if they let me give them the game plan i would love this!! lol.. problem is there been a few times where ncst has inexplicably got away from getting those 2 rbs involved, at starksville they were hardly involved at all!! didnt understand the game plan in that one and think there was at least one other. imo they should both be getting 15 touches minimum, whether it handing off or throwing to them i dont care, just make sure they both have ball in their hands cause good things happen when they do!! against a really stout clemson defense both got close to 25 touches each, that the formula for this team to be really good imo.. canes are terrible getting off the field on 3rd downs so let those 2 continue to get into 3rd and short and should own this game., on the other side ncst has been fantastic getting off the field on 3rd downs (2nd lowest conversion rate against in the country!) and canes O not a whole lot better than the d on 3rd down. red zone another drastic contrast, defensively teams have scored on every trip inside the 20! while offensively canes rank 97th in country while ncst red zone d is 11th!! i just dont see many matchups canes have a edge, they been competitive in their last few but van dyke is not very accurate, i see no reason ncst doesnt win this by a rd or more..

dosnt really matter for this play but far as ncst and pitt being the class the acc this year i would agree, although think wake deserves mention,, if pitt beats clemson this week i think they have a really good chance to run the table (man how crappy is that w. mich loss? coulda cost them a shot at the playoff!). the game i think gonna be a real problem for pitt will be uva, uva will turn that game into a shootout! i could say same thing about unc but i dont think heels will be able to keep Howell upright in that game. dont think uva on pitt level but i do think they a problem matchup wise, could be a last team that has the ball wins situation. on the other hand ncst gets to play wake, that looks to me like the game that could decide some things down the road.. assuming they handle business here.
With you on wake, just think they’re a step below pitt and nc st. Wake gets nc st at home, so we shall see. But based off wake only -3 at army and nc st only -3 at miami…..does army=miami? Highly doubtful from a PR standpoint. You think wake is favored over nc st on neutral? At home?

knowing pitt they will dominate this game, blast canes in 2 weeks, then lose to duke as 17-20 point favs!! lol
This year feels different. Think nard knows what he has with pickett, and the scheme and playcalling have been catered to what he does best. Throw in a solid, opportunistic D and they are very dangerous. Do you think 1-loss ACC champ gets any cred at the end of the year? Even if the loss is to WM? Guess it depends what oklahoma and the b10 do, but not out of the question the acc champ gets in!

With you on wake, just think they’re a step below pitt and nc st. Wake gets nc st at home, so we shall see. But based off wake only -3 at army and nc st only -3 at miami…..does army=miami? Highly doubtful from a PR standpoint. You think wake is favored over nc st on neutral? At home?

im not sure bout wake yet either, i havnt watched very much of them this season, they really havnt had to play any real tough teams yet, on paper the d looks like it not on pitt or ncst level. today i would make ncst a fav over them on a neutral. probably in the -4ish range, my guess is it would be 3 on neutral so close to pk at wake which would probably put me on ncst.. im not confident wake beats army this week,, someone mentioned over in that game and think they on to something with that, kinda where im leaning more so than playing wake now. im not sure wake can stop the option game, the way some teams been gashing wake on the ground is worrisome for anyone bout to face the service academies. obviously wake losing this game has no impact on their quest to win the acc,.

This year feels different. Think nard knows what he has with pickett, and the scheme and playcalling have been catered to what he does best. Throw in a solid, opportunistic D and they are very dangerous. Do you think 1-loss ACC champ gets any cred at the end of the year? Even if the loss is to WM? Guess it depends what oklahoma and the b10 do, but not out of the question the acc champ gets in!

id agree with you bout feeling different this year except for that egg the defense laid vs western michigan!! dont get me wrong i love pickett, he did the right thing coming back, in this class he gonna have to be considered in 1st round of draft isnt he? i dunno if he can live up to that at next level but i dont see many qbs who will be coming out i would take before him, maybe 1 or 2 at most.... the oline has been fantastic protecting him which has lead to him being really good protecting the ball. they even running it somewhat decently at times this year which always been my biggest gripe with pitt.

i really dont understand why aztecs are getting more than a fg at AF? not sure i love the idea they switching qbs but i have to assume he gives them a better chance or why would they do it? pretty much just comes down to me thinking sdst will be able to push AF smallish d around in trenches and think sdst will be able to slow down the option attack.. only thing that gives me a little worry (other than the ranked team being dogged which i hate) would be AF qb actually being a decent passer, think he will have to be in this one.. maybe better to wait? AF has been excellent on their opening drives.

heard some talk about fresno passing d on one pod or another but i dunno how you take those numbers very serious? they have faced a bunch of terrible passing attacks, certainly nothing of Nevada caliber. i dont think either team been playing their best lately but i have to stick to my guns and i have wolfpack rated above frsno. although they very close in power rankings i have seen..

i seriously had nevada-3 wrote down and still leaned that way, didnt even realize they were getting a fg, hell i even see some 3.5s around! maybe im too high on nevada?

Anyone know what the deal is with San Jose State from 4.5-6.5 in the last couple hours? News on UnLV QB or perhaps Starkel? Just interesting that thing is headed towards 7 very quickly.

Anyone know what the deal is with San Jose State from 4.5-6.5 in the last couple hours? News on UnLV QB or perhaps Starkel? Just interesting that thing is headed towards 7 very quickly.
Yeah - no clue. Was curious myself. Maybe Brumfield isn’t going to play for UNLV?

i would have to assume maybe good news on Starkel? cant see any other reason for it but i havnt heard.. sjst been a huge disappointment but still thought -5 felt kinda light here, surely they still a class above unlv aint they? if it not starkel news maybe it just someone popular released as a play?

rebs 5-1 ats this yr

that is mostly getting a whole gang of points tho sint it? the 7 last week was the lowest spread i recall involving them this year.. i always think ats numbers tough to interpret when that the case. obviously regardless how big the spreads been they have been outperforming expectations while im guessing sjst on opposite end of that spectrum? from a purely power rating standpoint this number is light, not so much if you only take into account the more recent games tho, plus the starkel injury, prob more in line with how sjst has played with nash behind center..

that is mostly getting a whole gang of points tho sint it? the 7 last week was the lowest spread i recall involving them this year.. i always think ats numbers tough to interpret when that the case. obviously regardless how big the spreads been they have been outperforming expectations while im guessing sjst on opposite end of that spectrum? from a purely power rating standpoint this number is light, not so much if you only take into account the more recent games tho, plus the starkel injury, prob more in line with how sjst has played with nash behind center..
Last 3 games lost by7,7,8 all well within the inflated line
If your getting 21.5 vs. the undefeated UTSA and stay within a td. you're playing hard,
Could be the bookmakers don't have a handle on these guys.
Played Utah St to within 4.

Tough for me is if I go get some more.

Last 3 games lost by7,7,8 all well within the inflated line
If your getting 21.5 vs. the undefeated UTSA and stay within a td. you're playing hard,
Could be the bookmakers don't have a handle on these guys.
Played Utah St to within 4.

Tough for me is if I go get some more.
this is an ugly dog either way

Back