Week 8 DFS/Prop Discussion

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
Let's get it.

GBP/ARI

GBP DVOA Matchup is bad vs P/RB D.
ARI DVOA Matchup is good vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is 11th for the week, yet 1 of the highest O/U's.
Rodgers ASR Matchup is the worst for the week Murray's is 5th worst.
Edmonds/Connor have the 9th best ALY push.

More later!

Gotta look at Cobb props tonight don’t ya? Wr Corp decimated with Rona, no adams, Rodgers likes guys he can trust, he had Cobb brought back cause he trust him. He should get over 45.5 yards pretty easily I would think.

Tonyan over 3,5 catches

I hate playing jones cause of dillan always lurking to steal touches but I do like jones over rushing (57.5) and receiving (38.5) yards in this one. He gonna have to do work for Packers to be in this game anx I think he will.

Hate playing guys in thu night but I am using jones and tonyan and even dillan at flex in one or 2 lineups.

Also taking anytime tds with

Jones -120
Tonyan +225
Dillan +275

Hate playing guys in thu night but I am using jones and tonyan and even dillan at flex in one or 2 lineups.

Also taking anytime tds with

Jones -120
Tonyan +225
Dillan +275
After other post about Cobb being trusted WR. No anytime TD or too much chalk with Cobb?

After other post about Cobb being trusted WR. No anytime TD or too much chalk with Cobb?

i guess i got down on Cobb over receptions at a really good time, i got over 4.5 at -110, i got home and saw it was either a catch higher or way juicy so didnt post.. gandolff has a post in discussion thread that kinda scared me off Cobb to a degree. i think he will be the go to guy when they need a 1st down but in the red zone i suspect it be more likely to be jones, tonyan, and even dillan.. not that i hate cobb or anything, dont think any over or td prop with him is bad, i just went a different way, which no doubt means you should load up on him!!! Lol

Let's get it.

GBP/ARI

GBP DVOA Matchup is bad vs P/RB D.
ARI DVOA Matchup is good vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is 11th for the week, yet 1 of the highest O/U's.
Rodgers ASR Matchup is the worst for the week Murray's is 5th worst.
Edmonds/Connor have the 9th best ALY push.

More later!

From a DFS perspective, I know the QBs typically have the highest floor, and in kylers case, he may have the highest ceiling... but I think two things are happening in this game. 1) people are paying for the top quality (Ie. Murray) as captain, because they can fit in these super cheap, high value (pts/$) options on the packers side without hurting the overall roster, and/or 2) people are using these cheap options at captain so they can jam in the top dogs without blinking an eye. I think that leaves Aaron Jones as a high leverage player. The best part, is he really won't be scripted out unless packers blow them out (which nobody is betting on)... Playing in a competitive game, with a small lead, or from behind, he will be utilized. We've already seen him in a primetime game (Week 2) where he was the optimal captain. He's averaging 4 targets a game, and now rodger's is missing his top 3 WRs going into the season (Adams/Lazar/MVS). This also may be the first time they'll be playing from behind typically, and aside from week 1 (where the starters were not in the whole time), After week 1 he's averaged 68~% of snaps, last week he touched 73%..... I haven't looked but his reception props is worth a look too.

I'll have a other captains, but he'll be my primary.

I'll just give the quick summary's down now... just an fyi, I broke the DVOA's into 4 quarters, top 8/9-16/17-24/bottom 8, for Great/Good/Meh/Bad.

If I put a ? next to a player, it's either because he's in a timeshare, and not really sure if it should be the correct listed players. Or his status is up in the air. Or I'm forgetting/made a mistake.

Wouldn't mind injury updates either, as that's huge for DFS/Props even.

CIN/NYJ

CIN DVOA Matchup is great vs P/RB D.
NYJ DVOA Matchup is bad vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is 15th for the week (last) --- and you can worry it may be slower with the backup qb in. O/U is 10th(/12) of the main slate. (Cincy being a big fave does lead them for T5 in team total, so one offs can be considered)
White has the 2nd worst ASR of the week, worst of the main slate.
Mixon has the 10th best ALY, 7th of the week. Carter? has the 2nd worst ALY push.

CAR/ATL

CAR DVOA Matchup is great vs P/RB D.
ATL DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, meh vs P D.
Pace of play is 8th (6th for main slate) for the week. O/U is ok. Tight spread too, so the team totals are on ends of the middle of the pack.
Ryan has the 8th worst ASR of the week, 6th for the main slate.
Chubba? has the 7th worst ALY, M. Davis? has the 6th worst ALY.

MIA/BUF

MIA DVOA Matchup is bad vs P/RB D.
BUF DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, and good vs RB D.
Pace of play is ranked 1st for the week (Hello!), O/U is good, 4th highest of main slate. Buffalo .25 away from highest TT.
Allen has the 5th best ASR, 3rd highest of main slate. Tua has the 4th worst ASR, 3rd worst of main slate.
Moss? has the 5th best ALY push, 3rd of the main slate. Gaskin has the worst ALY push of the week.

SFO/CHI

SFO DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, bad vs P D.
CHI DVOA Matchup is meh vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is 13th of the week. O/U is lowest of the week.
Garop has 3rd worst ASR matchup, 2nd worst of the main slate.
Mitchell has 3rd best ALY push, 2nd best of main slate. Herbert? has the 10th worst ALY push, 9th of main slate.

PIT/CLV

PIT DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, bad vs RB D.
CLV DVOA Matchup is meh vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is 14th of the week. 11th low O/U for main slate.
Baker has 6th worst ASR, 4th of main slate.
N. Harris has 3rd worst ALY push.

PHI/DET

PHI DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, good vs RB D.
DET DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, and good vs P D.
Pace of play is T4th for the week, T2nd for main slate. O/U is good.
Goff has 9th best ASR matchup, 7th for main slate.
Gainwell? has 6th best ALY push, 4th of main slate. Swift? Has 7th best ALY push, 5th for main slate.

TEN/IND

TEN DVOA Matchup is good vs P D, bad vs RB D.
IND DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, good vs P D.
Pace of play is 12th of the week. O/U is highest of the main slate. (not sure I like these contradicting --- makes for a good fade/underexposure)
Wentz has 7th worst ASR matchup, 5th of main slate.

LAR/HOU

LAR DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, meh vs P D.
HOU DVOA Matchup is meh vs RB D, bad vs P D.
Pace of play is 7th of the week, 5th of main slate. O/U is ok, but not a tight spread.... so hou one offs not a bad idea
Mills? has 9th worst ASR matchup, 7th of main slate. Stafford has 7th best ASR matchup, 5th of main slate.
Henderson has 2nd best ALY push, 1st of main slate. D. Johnson? has 4th worst ALY push.

NEP/LAC

NEP DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, bad vs P D.
LAC DVOA Matchup is meh vs P/RB D.
Pace of play is 6th for the week, 4th of main slate (sleeper?), O/U is 3rd highest, just shy of 50.
Mac has 10th worst ASR matchup, 8th of main slate. Herbert has 8th best ASR matchup, 6th of main slate.

JAC/SEA

JAC DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, meh vs RB D.
SEA DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, good vs RB D.
Pace of play is T4th for the week, T2nd for main slate. O/U is on the lower side of the scale (contradicting --- could make good for a play/overexposure)
Lawrence has 3rd best ASR matchup, 2nd of main slate. Geno? has 10th best ASR matchup, 8th of main slate.
Robinson has 8th best ALY push, 6th of main slate. Collins? has 8th worst ALY push.

WAS/DEN

WAS DVOA Matchup is great vs RB D, good vs P D.
DEN DVOA Matchup is great vs P D, bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is 9th of the week, O/U is on the lower side of the middle.
Henickie has 6th best ASR matchup, 4th best of main slate.
Gordon? has 5th worst ALY push.

TBB/NOS

TBB DVOA Matchup is bad vs P/RB D.
NOS DVOA Matchup is meh vs P D, and bad vs RB D.
Pace of play is 10th, despite all said to the left and above, O/U is 2nd highest of main slate. (Fade/under expose?)
Brady has the best ASR matchup (there's the concern).

Hopefully more later.

huge prop card for me today., i worked my ass off on this so we see how it goes!!

panthers/falcons:

pitts over 4.5 catches
over 62.5 yards
anytime td +140

jags/seattle

Lawrence over 242.5 passing yards

titans/colts

wentz ov 247.5 passing yards
ov 1.5 tds
pttman ov 63.5 receiving yards
Taylor anytine td -125
Tannenhill ov 1.5 tds

wft/donks;

fant over 39.5 rec yards
over 3.5 catches
sutton over 60.5 rec ytfs
anytime td +125
Teddy B over 255.5 passing
ov 1.5 tds
juedy over 40.5 rec yrds

steelers/browns'

Landry over 44.5 rec yards

rams/hou;

david johnson over 25.5 rec yards
over 27.5 rush yards

Pats/chargers;

Damian Harris ov 71.5 rush yards (this my favorite of the day!! load up with confidence, i wont let ya down!!)
anytime rd +125 (love this also!)

for the night game i like Cook anytime td but it -150 so i put it at end of several parlays! be nice if i have bunch of them needing him to close out!!! bummer you cant parlay anyone in same game, i get they often correlate but i could at least have a guy from each team!!!!! anyways that all for me.. gl everyone!!!

BOL lets you parlay in same game. I took henry/j taylor anytime td parlay +140

really? was that a thing they offered or you put together yourself? im sure ive checked before. there no chance they let ya do qb/wr on same team, do they?

henry/taylor should pay better than +140 together. i know taylor was -125 and want to say henry was -140ish? 2 team parlay with those odds gotta pay closer to 2 to 1 right?

i didnt like henry to score at the price.. i be nuts to say he doesnt score but colts run d is stout especially around the goal line!! my only concern with any props in that game was familiarity and playing each other again so fast. i dont know what genius came up with the idea of scheduling the best 2 teams in the afc south to play their 2 games before freaking November?!?!???!?!?!!!??!? a 10 year old knows this would have been a good game to put in week 16-17-18!!!!

really? was that a thing they offered or you put together yourself? im sure ive checked before. there no chance they let ya do qb/wr on same team, do they?
Havent tried that one. When i did it henry was something like -175 and taylor in the -150 range. Forgot the actual odds, but that’s what it was. Was happy to get plus money

RB - I probably have to much mitchell. A bit to much henderson/carter. Some swift/taylor, a smidge ekeler/moss .... maybe missing a player or two.
QB/WR - I played allen with diggs or beasley, burrow with higgins mostly (some uzomah/a dot of chase), hurts with some smith, some goedert.
TE - Gesicki/Pitts/Goedert mostly --- some uzomah smidge henry/cook, maybe forgetting someone.

I big game stacked a small amount of buf/mia, phi/det, smidge jac/sea.
I small game stacked a smidge of car/atl, ind/ten.

AJ Brown with no julio
Gage with no ridley (and/or pitts although still pricey)
Elijah moore (or carter/crowder) with no davis.

Guys who probably beat there pts/$ because of opportunity.

gage was was my value spots, also landry, and juedy.

i used a ton of phiily rbs stacked with hurts, actually more Scott than gainwell.. i have suspicion that gainwell might stay bout same as before (few more touches) while Boston Scott comes back onto the scene!!! also used david johnson a bit,, maybe not doing much for few years will get him little his old magic back! feel like houston wouldnt have traded ingram unless they liked how DJ has looked.

lots of donks stacks with teddy b and a combo of sutton, juedy, fant..

wow,, i didnt realize Ridley was not playing again this week for personal matter after he came back from that!! WTF going on with him? i just had to fly thru all my lineups to make sure he wasnt in,, only a few, i replaced with Godwin cause i had no time!! lol.. makes me like pitts and gage even more!!

Entered the same lineup in 7 different cash contests

Hurts, D Harris, Henderson, Callaway, Pittman, D Smith, Gesicki, K Allen, Saints

wow,, i didnt realize Ridley was not playing again this week for personal matter after he came back from that!! WTF going on with him? i just had to fly thru all my lineups to make sure he wasnt in,, only a few, i replaced with Godwin cause i had no time!! lol.. makes me like pitts and gage even more!!
Went to hit pitts, but was too late. Then saw you on pitts, went to hit again, and line was up a full catch and 10 yds. Just missed it!

Went to hit pitts, but was too late. Then saw you on pitts, went to hit again, and line was up a full catch and 10 yds. Just missed it!

Im not sure I love Ridley being out. Rather he occupied best corner and a safety! Now they can prob bracket pitts :(

They’re either putting gilmore on him and/or bracketing. Maybe he can get loose

He should hopefully still get over catches. Wtf Ridley got going on? He had already missed time for this personal shit then came back! Who is he Kyrie Irving?? Get your ass to work yo!!

Seeing everything from mental health/depression to he has requested to be released/traded…should be interesting if falcons do trade him, as there would no doubt be a ton of interest. Think that’s far fetched with them sitting at 3-3 and not out of it yet. Unless both sides really are done.

Seeing everything from mental health/depression to he has requested to be released/traded…should be interesting if falcons do trade him, as there would no doubt be a ton of interest. Think that’s far fetched with them sitting at 3-3 and not out of it yet. Unless both sides really are done.

Man. It a bummer they traded Julio. Prob woulda kept him Had they known this dude was gonna go all Brendan Marshall on them!

RB - I probably have to much mitchell. A bit to much henderson/carter. Some swift/taylor, a smidge ekeler/moss .... maybe missing a player or two.
QB/WR - I played allen with diggs or beasley, burrow with higgins mostly (some uzomah/a dot of chase), hurts with some smith, some goedert.
TE - Gesicki/Pitts/Goedert mostly --- some uzomah smidge henry/cook, maybe forgetting someone.

I big game stacked a small amount of buf/mia, phi/det, smidge jac/sea.
I small game stacked a smidge of car/atl, ind/ten.

AJ Brown with no julio
Gage with no ridley (and/or pitts although still pricey)
Elijah moore (or carter/crowder) with no davis.

Guys who probably beat there pts/$ because of opportunity.

More than doubled my investment yesterday.

Nailed the RBs minus moss and some swift. but they were my lowest owned ones. allen+beasley lineups did great, burrow+higgins was good (so close to higgins 100yd bonus). Hurts lineups were meh. I kind of keep missing on TE, pitts/uzomah were definite busts, the other guys weren't great.

Defense I was meh. had a few rams,9ers,skins, and I acutllay had 1 with phi and 3 with saints, so I was happy there, but it was in the wrong lineups. top ones had 49ers unfortunately.

Brown/Pittman mini game stack was HUGE, and was part of all the top lineups. Happy to have had that.

Gage was a bust. Moore was fine.

Anyways, lets keep it rolling.

NYG/KCC

NYG DVOA Matchup is great vs P/RB D.
KCC DVOA Matchup is good vs RB D, and meh vs P D.
Pace of play is 2nd of the week. O/U is highest of the week really.
Danny Dimes has the 4th best ASR situation.
Dar. Williams has the 4th best ALY push. Booker has the 9th worst ALY push.

Just that stuff above would concern me if I was an under backer, because with the projected gamescript of chiefs 10 point faves, it shows they should have success moving the ball on the ground (with a lead), and giants should have success continually airing it out to come back. Also seems like they'll (giants) have a tough time maintaining the lead is they can't get their ground game going (they'll probably need a have 3rd down passing coversion rate if it falls that way).

I said this last week, but demcarcus robinson continues to see more and more snaps. (highest among all WRs last week ---- 79*%, his highest of the season). Unfortunately, he saw the fewest targeets of the 3 "other players" (hill/kelce are the big 2). Pringle/Hardman/Robinson had 6/5/4 targets but I'll follow the playing time opportunities when hardman is much more expensive, and pringle hasn't touched 48%+ snaps yet.

----- full disclosure ------ just saw pringles air yards last week, 121!... thats big but its the only time he's respectably beat robinsons aDOT. Robinsons last week was 5.5, but he's averaging 12.35 aDOT for the season. Pringles is 10.5. So it's not as extreme as it may seem, and I'd like him to establish it on a consistent basis so he proves it's not really just an anomaly

Kelce continues to see double digit targets, and should always be considered.
Hill was never on the injury report, I'm unsure if bradberry is shadowing, but we've seen alpha's burn/beat him this year, so I wouldn't shy away either.

Darrel Williams had 5 carries last week, 4 come on the first 2 drives... then the game was 17-0, and they never used him again. The blowout lead to a drop in snaps too. Vs Washington, where the game started competitive, and began to lead to a KCC easy win. Williams had 21 carries, and 4 targets. Which outcome is more likely? A blowout loss, or a competitive win/blowout win. On top of that, you'll see above he has a positive OL push. I think he needs to be played, and has a path to 25+ touches.

I can't remember exactly what I said, but I mentioned do we really want bookers 10-15 carreis for 25-40 yards, and maybe a couple catches for max 20 yards? And that he would need a TD to even be relevant. Well, the giants lead 18-3 with less than 5 minutes left, Bookers stat line was 13 carries 32yards, and 2 catches for 15 yards. Solid 6.7 full ppr fantasy points in a game they were down once by 3 points and never looked back. Then he ripped a 19 yard TD to cap it and salvaged his day with 14-51-1, 2-15, 14.6 points. I don't see his running yardage going up in this script, but to give him the benefit, it'll be a slightly faster game, with a higher o/u, and will probably see more targets, so he has avenues... but I'm not chasing it, and will let others.

I want to say I like evan engram, and the chiefs have given up great fantasy points to the TE, and engram has been the only pass catching player jones has had for the last 5 straight weeks (which is kind of crazy if you think about), he sees 60%+ of snaps, averaging almost 6 targets a game. But how the head did he get 8 targets last week, and average a total of 3, THREE, AIR YARDS, last week. His aDOT on the season is 4.98. My gut says let other chase him too.

Now the question turns to WRs, the pluses, chiefs defend that position the best (is that saying much?). We don't know which WRs will see the important snaps, play until the end, see the deep shots, as it's been a revolving door. I say these are pluses, because if there are question marks that can't be answered on its surface, they're more likely to be underowned. But if jones is expected to have time, and we know he can move, then I saw the WR's as the biggest upside options. I know should be the snap share owner ,and the target hog, and he's to be considered, I think you can take shows on Toney, and his possible alpha status, as well as slayton. I want them all in some capacity (with jones and his dual threat ability/fantasy point maker). I don't want any pettis, his price is obscenely high, and he is the one hurt most by the returning WRs. (if you want that to be your contrarian play, go ahead, but I don't see how that is optimal, at all.)

I think slayton>toney/shep is the order I want, but haven't checked their prices. And my yearlong fantasy is hoping for toney ;)

Last edited:
lamar/hurts/allen all smashed that... although atleast 2 of those are definitely more of a runner than dimes

they are, but jones is def what i would consider a runner. not counting the dallas game or the week after he got dinged up he has had at least 6 carries in all but the saints game. He runs it 6+ times vs kc i have no doubt he will smash that number!

6-9-8-4-8 are the amount of rushing attempts jones has had in every game outside dallas where he got hurt then against rams the week after when he prob should have sat.

i was thinking Booker to score a td but shockingly kc has not allowed many rushing tds, you take away the 3 browns got in week 1 (safe to say gmen doesnt run the ball like browns) and kc has only allowed 2 other rushing tds all year! i was really surprised by this as we think of kc run d being awful, nobody wants to knock mahomes but truth of the matter the d hasnt been awful defending rbs the last 5 weeks!!

very hard to trust engram as that dude has never lived up to the potential but kc has been awful defending tight ends! almost avg 6 catches per game, 82 ypg, and a tight end has scored in 4 consecutive games vs them!! can we trust engram tho? not one td this year, hasnt had a game over 55 yards, he is +110 for over 3.5 catches and he has went over that in 3 of the last 4. his 32.5 yards number is awful damn tempting as well..

willaims receiving (catches and yards) totals worth a look, he has 3 catches in 3 straight games going for 18-27-30 yards, nyg allowing 5.5 catches and 48 yards a game to rbs in the passing game.. over 2.5 catches is +110 and 16.6 yards is -114.. dont see much reason not to play those?

so that my card:

dimes over 27.5 rushing yards
engram over 3.5 catches +110
williams ov 2.5 catches +110
williams ov 16.5 rec yards -114

play his catches, not his yards..... 3 fucking air yards on 8 targets last week,, jesus. (won't let that down)

Back