• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Week 7 SEC Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I believe GPS is on a trip right now. I was going to ask Twink to start this, but a bit late into the night.

I am honored to start my first $EC thread though, and likely my last ;). I just don't fit in around these parts hehe.

I'll let you all take the wheels from here...

Georgia 31.5 - 57 @ Vanderbilt

Alabama 19.5 - 48.5 vs Arkansas

Tennessee 3.5 - 55 vs Texas A&M

South Carolina 1.5 - 52 vs Florida

LSU 11 - 62.5 vs Auburn

Kentucky 3 - 53 vs Missouri

Messy State and Ole Miss with the week off...

My personal quick takes...

Great game in Knoxville in a crossover, pretty big game from the standpoint of who may win this dang conference.

I read somewhere that they 'took the handcuffs' of Carson Beck last week. Can we see more of the same in this virtual exhibition? I'd like to have a better feel these next few weeks before the Cocktail party and trip to Leyland in November.

I like watching LSU and root for them. It is hard to watch that defense. This week provides a matchup where they can get a few stops while hopefully pouring it on. The TT's will be stalked by yours's truly.

Kentucky and Mizzou a fun 'clash' of styles. Can Mizzou get up fully for this one after that heartbreaker last week? Can UK regroup after the jail-sexing the took? That is the motivational capping we need to figure out here.

Any and all Gamecock caps start and end with how the OL performs.

I'll let GPS handle the Bama affair when he gets back into town.

Alright @gps_3 @twinkie13 @JROCK1966 @Grovehard @pressitup @ProV1Colt @Ryno14 @MrMulligan etc... have at it!

Shoutout to GPS for keeping us all informed for all of these years. With that said, I like Michigan to show up in the playoffs this year.

Last edited:
Watched Beck closely the last few weeks, seems to get better and better and more comfortable. Feel the same about Milroe too.

Except Milroe can not throw the short pass...it's almost comically bad. Beck looked great vs KY.

Yeah he's got a little Joe Milton in him. Good long ball, inconsistent on the short/intermediate

Since I’m awful at situational or understanding wtf makes teams motivated or not I’ll ignore that aspect of mizzou/uk, all I can say is I don’t think Uga passing game is better than mizzou’s, uk hasn’t faced much before Uga far as passing threats, it very hard to see what Uga did throwing and not think cook and his group of very good wrs can’t have a lot of success. Of course lsu was the best rushing attack mizzou had seen and they were more a passing team coming in and they ran the ball all over mizzou. Was that because mizzou feared the passing game or can you push them around? Could be both offenses strengths are not what the defenses are best at stopping. Obviously uk running all over tigers creates a potential Issue with clock but I’m not sure I agree w this total being bet down. Lot of pretty high prop numbers, I could def see this thing going over 51.

BAR,

Thank you for starting the thread. First time in what, 5-7 years I've fallen down on my duty? I've been at Bandon Dunes since Sunday (more on that later and in another forum), please go if you are a golfer, and I watched most of last week's games on some combination of airplane TV and my laptop. Here are my PRs for the week:

UGA -25
Alabama -21
Tennessee -1.5
South Carolina -4.5
LSU -20 (!!???!!)
UK -3.5

I can see a lot of different scenarios with UGA/Vandy. I'll pass, but would not have any interest on anything other than UGA or under

We'll see how aTm bounces back. Tough loss on a game I'm sure they think they should have won. I'm not super high on Tenn, but I lean them given the situation. I know Milton isn't Hooker, but that offense can potentially expose the biggest weakness of the Aggies

No real opinion on SC/UF other than I think the Gamecocks really get up for this game

I think LSU kicks the shit out of AU this weekend.

I want to like Mizzou this week, not sure I can pull the trigger. UK seems a little like fool's gold, but then again, they were never going to be able to beat a team as talented as UGA at their own game

As for Alabama...last week was huge for a lot of reasons. One, we were able to win a game by putting it on Milroe's shoulders and he rose to the occasion. Two, 14 penalties and 2 TOs, and still won the game. Three, the defense is finding their identity and are straight up nasty. As for Arkansas this weekend, I think they are basically cooked and are in a brutal stretch of their schedule. I think Alabama is still going to make it harder than it has to be every week, and we'll still see some boneheaded plays from the offense and Milroe, but I like us to cover this weekend. It's homecoming, it's an early kick, and Saban was particularly fired up in his press outings this week, which is generally a good sign. I think we see a final score somewhere in the neighborhood of 38-13

BAR,

Thank you for starting the thread. First time in what, 5-7 years I've fallen down on my duty? I've been at Bandon Dunes since Sunday (more on that later and in another forum), please go if you are a golfer, and I watched most of last week's games on some combination of airplane TV and my laptop. Here are my PRs for the week:

UGA -25
Alabama -21
Tennessee -1.5
South Carolina -4.5
LSU -20 (!!???!!)
UK -3.5

I can see a lot of different scenarios with UGA/Vandy. I'll pass, but would not have any interest on anything other than UGA or under

We'll see how aTm bounces back. Tough loss on a game I'm sure they think they should have won. I'm not super high on Tenn, but I lean them given the situation. I know Milton isn't Hooker, but that offense can potentially expose the biggest weakness of the Aggies

No real opinion on SC/UF other than I think the Gamecocks really get up for this game

I think LSU kicks the shit out of AU this weekend.

I want to like Mizzou this week, not sure I can pull the trigger. UK seems a little like fool's gold, but then again, they were never going to be able to beat a team as talented as UGA at their own game

As for Alabama...last week was huge for a lot of reasons. One, we were able to win a game by putting it on Milroe's shoulders and he rose to the occasion. Two, 14 penalties and 2 TOs, and still won the game. Three, the defense is finding their identity and are straight up nasty. As for Arkansas this weekend, I think they are basically cooked and are in a brutal stretch of their schedule. I think Alabama is still going to make it harder than it has to be every week, and we'll still see some boneheaded plays from the offense and Milroe, but I like us to cover this weekend. It's homecoming, it's an early kick, and Saban was particularly fired up in his press outings this week, which is generally a good sign. I think we see a final score somewhere in the neighborhood of 38-13

I felt like Aggies dc did just bout everything the exact opposite of what teams should do against Milroe, not to take anything away from him, if he gets it out quick on the short stuff or throws bombs he will have lots of good days, I’m just not sure why they played a defense that seemed to encourage him to do those 2 things? I never trust AM to do things right so didn’t surprise me in the slightest. I think we were probably thinking bama was winning that game more than most although I ended up just on AM TT UNDER which I kinda got super fortunate to cash, lol.

I’m really not sure why Milton wouldn’t have a big game here since I think you can throw bubble screens all day until the AM corners come up then you can beat them over the top. Seems to me it sets up bout as perfect for Milton as it could be. He better have a big game here, he should.

Lsu should crush auburn since it appears they have turned thorne into a runner which still baffles me, I havnt seen much evidence they willing or capable of throwing the ball which is clearly how you expose lsu so they should be a perfect matchup for the awful defense, so even if auburn gets a few stops eventually Daniels and co get it going and no way I see aub offese keeping pace when that happens.

Back