Week 6 What Are We Learning

KC defense and running game will make up for lack of big name receivers. In hindsight, with the talking heads slamming Denver D all week that was such an easy under bet.
Yup on all this.

Said it a few times, but the KC offense is deliberate and they control the clock a lot.

Unders.

Rashee Rice is going to be the go to guy outside of Kelce in the passing game. I'll be looking at his props from here on out.
Be curious how it plays out after they trade for Hardman again. I would be slow on going crazy on Rice props until that plays out but agree that come Thanksgiving weekend give/take a week that Rice will feast on receptions at least

expecting sophomore year jumps from QBs was very optimistic
Most QB jumps correlate to either a new coordinator or new skill position talent. See Burrow-Chase, Hurts-Brown, Allen-Diggs, Lawrence-Jax coaching, even Danny Dimes-Daboll last year.

Nothing changed in Pittsburgh from last year, nothing changed for Zach Wilson or Ridder. Howell got Bienemy so jury is still out.

Most QB jumps correlate to either a new coordinator or new skill position talent. See Burrow-Chase, Hurts-Brown, Allen-Diggs, Lawrence-Jax coaching, even Danny Dimes-Daboll last year.

Nothing changed in Pittsburgh from last year, nothing changed for Zach Wilson or Ridder. Howell got Bienemy so jury is still out.
I'm still confused as to what role Tomlin gets to play in Canada keeping his job. I can't imagine it's much considering everyone has been barking week after week for a year and a half at this point

I'm still confused as to what role Tomlin gets to play in Canada keeping his job. I can't imagine it's much considering everyone has been barking week after week for a year and a half at this point
Management doesn’t interfere mid season in Pittsburgh. The tickets are sold and the checks have been cashed. Tomlin gets free rein until the season ends and he’ll keep Canada out of spite if he wants. The bottom line is they’re 3-2 and in first place and to Tomlin that’s “the standard”.

Management doesn’t interfere mid season in Pittsburgh. The tickets are sold and the checks have been cashed. Tomlin gets free rein until the season ends and he’ll keep Canada out of spite if he wants. The bottom line is they’re 3-2 and in first place and to Tomlin that’s “the standard”.
I really don't think he likes Canada. You think it's some kind of reverse voodoo type thing?

He likes Canada. He picked Canada. They have connections going back to Maryland when Tomlin’s kid played there.
Should have said at this point I think he's getting annoyed with having to deal with it week in/week out

i'll think more about this, but when i see ATL i expect a 8th overall pick to help alongside more experience for a stud TE everyone in the fantasy world has loved for years and a USC talent also going 8th

i'll think more about this, but when i see ATL i expect a 8th overall pick to help alongside more experience for a stud TE everyone in the fantasy world has loved for years and a USC talent also going 8th
So curious how he'll look in another uniform.

Like, it may be too late, but I'm just REALLY curious.

Ridder is getting a longer leash than last year......he's throwing five more times a game on average and his throws are going further downfield. But that has exposed his limitations. His INTs are way up, and he's taking more sacks. He had Pitts and London last year, and the same coaches. Nothing has really changed for him except expectations of being a 2nd year QB vs a rookie. But he's still basically a rookie, only 10 starts now for his career.

Look at Tua year 1 vs year 2.......a little better but not much really. They added Waddle for year 2 but he's doesn't command the ball. Then for Tua's year 3 they add Tyreek and everything goes to another level.

Josh Allen, year 1 vs year 2, improvement but still an 85.3 passer rating. Diggs shows up year 3 and Allen #2 in MVP voting, going from 59% to 69% completion percentage.

Mahomes is the unicorn......he's great no matter what surrounds him. Take away Tyreek.....new high in yards and 41 TD passes ho hum. Take away his OC....actually his numbers are slightly down so far this year. Even he may not be totally immune to changing circumstances.

Look at Lamar......he came out of the blocks on fire with basically only Mark Andrews. The scheme got stagnant so they changed coordinators this year and added a #1 WR in Zay Flowers. Now his INTs are down and he's completing 70% of his throws. Their success rate has jumped from mid-40s to 49%.

Every team and player is different but if you're not changing anything can you really expect a radically different outcome than before?

Speaking of Atlanta, what on earth was Arthur Smith doing here? It was a 10-7 game in the middle of the 2nd quarter, and after Bijon set up 3rd and short the Falcons did this:

Turnover on Downs​

8 plays, 27 yards, 3:27

2nd 8:23 - ATL 4th & 3, at WAS 48
Desmond Ridder incomplete pass to the right intended for Bijan Robinson

2nd 8:28 - ATL 3rd & 3, at WAS 48

2nd 9:14 - ATL 2nd & 10, at ATL 45
Bijan Robinson rushed to the right for 7 yard gain, tackled by Kendall Fuller

Washington took it from mid field into the end zone to go up 17-7 and then Ridder threw 3 picks in the 2nd half to kill the comeback attempt.

If you know you're going for it on 4th down....why are you throwing at all on 3rd down? Is Arthur getting some heat from management to balance the offense more?

Geno was in UCONN vs WVU 2010 form against the Bengals. He refused to even give his players a chance to make a catch to win that game.

• Sad
Reactions: KJ
Geno was in UCONN vs WVU 2010 form against the Bengals. He refused to even give his players a chance to make a catch to win that game.
Seemed like he was completely checked out at the end of that game.

Speaking of Atlanta, what on earth was Arthur Smith doing here? It was a 10-7 game in the middle of the 2nd quarter, and after Bijon set up 3rd and short the Falcons did this:

Turnover on Downs​

8 plays, 27 yards, 3:27

2nd 8:23 - ATL 4th & 3, at WAS 48

2nd 8:28 - ATL 3rd & 3, at WAS 48

2nd 9:14 - ATL 2nd & 10, at ATL 45
Bijan Robinson rushed to the right for 7 yard gain, tackled by Kendall Fuller

Washington took it from mid field into the end zone to go up 17-7 and then Ridder threw 3 picks in the 2nd half to kill the comeback attempt.

If you know you're going for it on 4th down....why are you throwing at all on 3rd down? Is Arthur getting some heat from management to balance the offense more?

Same team that spiked the ball to stop the clock on 2nd down with 32 seconds left. Then on 3rd down had to call a timeout or get a delay of game penalty. They couldn't get the play in on time on a dead ball. SMH. Never seen that before and likely will never again.

Same team that spiked the ball to stop the clock on 2nd down with 32 seconds left. Then on 3rd down had to call a timeout or get a delay of game penalty. They couldn't get the play in on time on a dead ball. SMH. Never seen that before and likely will never again.
Actually happens more than you’d think. Guys think clocking the ball is like taking an extra timeout and relax. However the play clock is only 25 seconds instead of 40. I’ve seen QBs clock it and start walking towards the sideline like it’s a timeout and the coach is waving them back towards the huddle. Probably more often happens in college game.

Actually happens more than you’d think. Guys think clocking the ball is like taking an extra timeout and relax. However the play clock is only 25 seconds instead of 40. I’ve seen QBs clock it and start walking towards the sideline like it’s a timeout and the coach is waving them back towards the huddle. Probably more often happens in college game.
That's one of my biggest pet peeves. You know these teams practice end of half/game situations but clocking the ball then the mental relax is brutal to watch if you either have money on or are a fan of that team. Blame that on the coaching, how they can be so unprepared in that situation is mind boggling, then it makes any QB who actually gets it seem like a future HOF'er

We talked all summer about how deep the AFC is with playoff caliber teams......that played out this with the Browns and Jets, two of the fringe playoff teams, knocking off the unbeaten Eagles and Niners. The Bengals also beat what is likely a playoff team in Seattle. Houston beat potential NFC South champ New Orleans. And Buffalo and Miami handled a couple of the lesser NFC teams.

Do the Chargers do the same to Dallas? Would it be surprising? It might be one of the few matchups where McCarthy has the coaching edge. Should be a fun one and I don't see any way to play the under after the under festival this weekend.

Outside of Kermit aka MaHomies there are no elite QB's in the league.

No one you'd feel safe having your money on down points on the final drive.

Back in the day there used to be a few, in the current NFL there is only Kermit.

Sad...

Outside of Kermit aka MaHomies there are no elite QB's in the league.

No one you'd feel safe having your money on down points on the final drive.

Back in the day there used to be a few, in the current NFL there is only Kermit.

Sad...
I'm good with Herbert too, maybe Cool Joe

Nothing in the NFC, that's for sure

Yeah, Herb and Burrow are good and could be that dude but the coaching gonna fuck them over in the long run.

I hope they get a good guy in there on the sidelines.

Brady and Bill, Kermit and the Walrus were perfect fits...

Hurts fucked the Birds yesterday, dudes awareness is awful. His feet screw up his head...

Back