Week 7 What Are We Learning

People are sleeping on Bengals too. That offense is dynamic and the defense has played much better last two weeks (albeit against shitty offenses).
Spot on.

Many wrote them off after the MNF shootout.

They've suffered two tough losses to the best teams in the AFC..

As I said a few weeks back, they should be able to get to or just above .500 by the next Ravens game.

Say they leave Baltimore at 5-5.... Schedule sets up well enough for 9-10 wins.

I have a future on them.

Anyone have an explanation for the penalty at the end of the Lions game?

Maybe @Gandolf ?

Should teams just do an illegal formation in order to get the clock stopped?

Seemed odd. I didn't hear the explanation on the telecast fwiw.

Maybe @Gandolf ?

No 10 second runoff because the ball was snapped and spiked is the way I interpreted the play. Illegal formation is a live ball, not a dead ball penalty. I know that cause I officiate (youth & high school)

Last edited:

Maybe @Gandolf ?

You're absolutely correct though. As far as the rules are concerned if you're running out of time in-between downs then just have a illegal formation and you get a free play 😆

I think the Saints were close to doing it but how crazy to think an NFL team gave Deshaun Watson a quarter billion KNOWING the situation?! Now this.

The Chiefs and Andy Reid are great, but we aren’t about to argue about getting preferential referee treatment right?

Maybe @Gandolf ?

Illegal formation is a live ball foul, flag isn't thrown until post snap. Typically due to not have exactly seven on the LOS. Since they spiked it on the play the clock is stopped. Wish Dallas had done that in the playoffs a couple of years ago.

Let's talk more about Pittsburgh....

They have exactly ZERO signature wins this year.

Please don't attempt to make this game tonight vs the Jets a signature win. I'm not using a SNF game vs an ESPN hype machine to anoint another team.

Pittsburgh has lost to TWO below average teams in Indy and Dallas. Again, Dallas is NOT good.

The Steelers wins?

A limp armed Kirk Cousins Falcons who showed ya exactly what they are today.

The Broncos, lol. 13-6

The Chargers win is prolly their best one.

Raiders last week with a nice 2h

Tonight.

Now, I understand a few of these teams like Indy and Denver are 4-3 but those records are due to lack of schedule strength so far. Neither is a playoff team.

Steelers schedule is pretty soft the first 13 games overall (Baltimore game will be telling). The last 4 weeks should be fun, basically playoff type games all through the holiday's.
Reminder that Kirk did not play a pre-season snap and Herbert had a high ankle sprain from the week before and only lasted one half and a series.

I also remember being in Vegas in early December 2005.....those Steelers were 7-5 and had lost three straight.....their Super Bowl odds were 30-1. Waiting for our flight home their game was on against the 9-3 Bears, which they won amid snow flurries (it was Bus the carrying Urlacher game). I distinctly remember boarding that plane wishing I'd tossed $100 on that 30-1. They didn't lose the rest of the year. I find it interesting that this team is looking as good as it has all year and they're still 30-1. Keeping the powder dry for now.

Consider this scenario......deep in route from the 40 to the other teams 35 connects with only 7 seconds left. A VERY VERY VERY disciplined team could in theory have just their two guys closest to the new line of scrimmage line up at center and QB and snap and spike the ball......as long as the other nine guys are standing perfectly still at snap whereever they happen to be. It would be an illegal formation costing yards, but the clock is stopped, and a team could try a 57 yarder for the win.

The problem is these guys are TRAINED to run to the LOS and almost certainly 1 dumb lineman or WR would be running to the line. I would wager even Belichick has never had this as an option in his deep arsenal of tricks, although I'm sure he's thought about it.

You're watching tonight's game right? And at +32500 (Det def Pitt) I'm pretty sure that would be worth $10 for even the broke bettor. I bet futures solely on past results/proven systems and have made a few dollars. That matchup isn't the only one i have tickets for.

George is that you?

As my best friend and former booker said to me 20+ years ago -- why do a parlay or teaser? I have a hard enough time winning one bet!
and now 20 years later it's legal and all they wanna do is have you bet 3+ team parlays like its fun and cool students of the game today should learn this first and foremost and knock it off with all the parlays and bonuses and shit

I'll do a two teamer but don't even ask me if I wanna parlay three rushing props together much less three sides and totals and plan on getting expected value winning long term

Posted something about Monopoly and Community Chest on FB but lets be real. That Steelers chick is 100% Community Chest.

Washington has played the easiest schedule or 2nd easiest.

Actually, that might be tied with the Bears. Both are about .400 opponent percentage.
Yeah definitely. One of the easiest schedules thus far but with a healthy Daniel's they wouldn't be a home dog vs Da Bears

Back