Week 5 ML Dogs

I don’t know, Frank. UGA, LSU, and TAMU certainly don’t look like contenders to give the SEC a second playoff team.

FWIW, this week will mark the 1st time a Lincoln Riley coached team plays an away game after a home loss. However, his teams are 4-0 SU and 2-2 ATS away games in which his team did not cover ATS the previous week in a home game, 6-0 SU and 3-3 ATS in away games in which his team did not cover ATS the previous week overall.

:popcorn:

ECU
Missouri
SMU
Texas Tech
Charlotte
Air Force
UL Monroe
Iowa St
Auburn

ULM the only big dog.....the rest are reasonable enough that I wouldn't be surprised......

I've not really followed much of Okie State football but I'm thinking, after capping Mike Gundy a couple weeks in a row now, that it's like riding a great roller coaster at the county fair! Very interesting bit of stats here.....Mike Gundy coached teams are 11-4 SU @ teams off a losing season and the week following a home win and ATS cover. But the counter-intuitive thing is, as I lower the previous year's record of the opponent, Mike Gundy's Win % gets worse!!

Win Differential <0 = 73.3% (pic 1)
Win Differential <-1 = 63.6% (pic 2)
Win Differential <-2 = 62.5% (pic 3)
Win Differential <-4 = 50% (pic 4)

Clearly Mike Gundy has had some issues in the past with motivating his team @ weak opponents the week after a big win at home. I'm not thinking Kansas can pull it off for the whole game but they can prolly hang for a qtr or half this Saturday and they'll prolly have +300 or +400 odds.

mgundy1.jpg

mgundy2.jpg

mgundy3.jpg

mgundy4.png

Lane Kiffin coached teams are 8-0 ATS in away games coming off a home loss. Mark Stoops coached teams are 0-4 ATS in home games off a road loss where they did not cover and they are facing an opponent coming off a losing season. I drank the koolaid with my Cats and all the hype heading into the Auburn game but Fuck 'em! I might as well make money off them if they're going to make my sports life so miserable!

lkiffin.jpg

mstoops.jpg

West Virginia

Oklahoma State/Gundy called a conservative game to protect Illingsworth, which is fine...OSU looks to have the best D in the BigXll and strong running backs, so it works. Was a game that WVU was in more than a 14 point loss implies I think, or more than the 20-7 HT score indicates. WVU outgained OSU 270-213 in the 1st H and 353-342 for the game. WVU's problem was their drives stalled inside the 30s (SOD at O29 after bad FG snap/hold, FGs from O13 and O09). OSU did have a strip sack 56y D TD. WVU had 12 penalties for 106y (several false starts and five different 15y penalties). Last year WVU was the 4th least penalized team in the league, so hopefully that isn't a trait this time is going to have. OSU D did get 5 sacks (2 of which were on the final 3 plays of the game although OSU had consistent pressure throughout 9 QBH) but the sacks skews the rushing numbers - WVU RB Brown did run for 104 on 26att.

Baylor was way better than Kansas despite what the box score showed (KU only outgained by 24y but that is because 135 of KU's yards were on their final 2 drives). That game was 17-7 HT, TWO 2nd H KO ret TDs helped boost the final to 47-14. I think a better team fares better vs the reloading Baylor D. Assuming WVU is that better team, I think their improvement will bear out. Looks like Arizona LB transfer Tony Fields is having a "field day" on this D (19 tackles and INT in two games). Another transfer is second on the team in tackles...S Alzona Addae. Last year's tkl leader is currently 4th. So two big time pickups by WV there (plus another Arz trans in Scottie Young is on the hand to further boost the S position with 30 career starts although he hasn't played much yet). When you look at WVU D and who they lost or who is coming back, there are some new comers stepping in making an impact. Plus you still have the Stills brothers on the DL.

Pretty much comes down to how much you trust Doege at QB and his pass protection. Think they have some good skill and an underrated D.

I'm not sure how much I like ISU to win, but looking at the rushing numbers...OU only ran for 3.54 ypc vs Mizzou St and 3.71 vs Kansas St. ISU limited ULL rushing's game and a little skewed by sacks vs TCU, but Clones did well bottling up TCU run game too outside of a couple runs.

If OU can't have balance and put it all on Rattler, I think we saw how Rattler does under pressure (both physical and mental) on OU's final 3 possessions of the K St game.

Not hard to see OU O having some issues. Question I have is what Brock Purdy shows up?

I was thinking about Boston College, I'm just not sure what to make of them yet.

I think I saw their potential vs Duke, but then saw them flat vs Texas State. Texas State pretty much outplayed them.

I do like the idea of backing a team I think has good potential off a poor performance, I like that emotionally in terms of how the team approaches their next game knowing they have to be better, kinda expecting the A game off the B game. That same mentality can be applied to UNC as well, poor performance vs Syracuse, they need to up their game.

It's probably going to be hard for a team like BC to play consistent off the bat. UNC should be able to do that, I still just have memories of the 1st H vs Syracuse.

I'm not sure how much I like ISU to win, but looking at the rushing numbers...OU only ran for 3.54 ypc vs Mizzou St and 3.71 vs Kansas St. ISU limited ULL rushing's game and a little skewed by sacks vs TCU, but Clones did well bottling up TCU run game too outside of a couple runs.

If OU can't have balance and put it all on Rattler, I think we saw how Rattler does under pressure (both physical and mental) on OU's final 3 possessions of the K St game.

Not hard to see OU O having some issues. Question I have is what Brock Purdy shows up?

If I'm OU I'm more concerned about the defense.....vs,. K State, guys running free all day, atrocious tackling, and more guys running free all day. Give me a good Purdy in this game on Saturday and it's going to be dicey for OU.

Ones that jump out to me as possibilities this week:
Coastal, Charlotte, Middle Tennessee St (really don't like this team at all but WK defense seems very bad), I think TCU has a chance off of the emotional win for Texas since both defenses are swiss cheese, Air Force, and Auburn.

Agree that BCU looked brutal vs. Texas St.

Lane Kiffin coached teams are 8-0 ATS in away games coming off a home loss. Mark Stoops coached teams are 0-4 ATS in home games off a road loss where they did not cover and they are facing an opponent coming off a losing season. I drank the koolaid with my Cats and all the hype heading into the Auburn game but Fuck 'em! I might as well make money off them if they're going to make my sports life so miserable!

View attachment 50812

View attachment 50811
Those are very nice. Thanks.

Tom Herman is a perfect 8-0 SU but only 2-6 ATS in home games the week after not covering a spread and playing an opponent off a losing season. See pic 2. He is a perfect 5-0 SU but only 1-4 ATS in those games that are off an Away game. See pic 3. This is the first time, however, in which his team finds itself in this situation coming off an away win. Gary Patterson is 4-3 SU and 4-3 ATS in away games, coming off a home loss in which his team did not cover the spread, and playing an opponent off a winning season. See pic 1. Notice he has won 3 times SU as a 7, 7, and 7.5pt dog in this situation.

gpatterson.jpg

therman.jpg

therman2.jpg

Luke Fickell is 5-1 SU and 1-5 ATS in home games coming off a home win. Check out those 1st Qtr scores though!! He is 0-6 SU in 1st Qtrs of these games!

:moneyeyes:

lfickell.jpg

Rick Stockstill coached teams are 8-2 SU in home games coming off a road loss in which they covered the spread. See pic 1. His teams are 3-0 SU and 3-0 ATS in those games against teams coming off a winning season the year before. See pic 2. Tyson Helton coached teams are 4-2 SU and 5-1 ATS in away games. They are 0-1 SU and 0-1 ATS this season. See pick 3.

rstockstill.jpg

rstockstill2.jpg

thelton.jpg

2nd time thru....

Kansas 1st Qtr & 1st Half
TCU 1st Qtr & 1st Half
S. Florida 1st Qtr
Middle Tennessee FG

Still mulling over Ole Miss 1st Qtr and 1st Half, BC FG, & TCU FG.

I was thinking about Boston College, I'm just not sure what to make of them yet.

I think I saw their potential vs Duke, but then saw them flat vs Texas State. Texas State pretty much outplayed them.

I do like the idea of backing a team I think has good potential off a poor performance, I like that emotionally in terms of how the team approaches their next game knowing they have to be better, kinda expecting the A game off the B game. That same mentality can be applied to UNC as well, poor performance vs Syracuse, they need to up their game.

It's probably going to be hard for a team like BC to play consistent off the bat. UNC should be able to do that, I still just have memories of the 1st H vs Syracuse.

I'm starting to wonder just to which degree Duke made BC look good.

Is Vandy going to knock off LSU this weekend? My queries into this matchup have me very intrigued. Of course, we all know what happened last weekend to LSU and personally I was expecting them to bounce back this week but, as Lee Corso says, not so fast my friends!!

Consider.....

1) Ed Orgeron is 7-8 SU and 4-11 ATS in road games vs. teams off a losing season. See pic 2. These numbers seem far from dominant in my opinion considering where he has coached. Meanwhile...
2) Derek Mason is 10-12 SU and 12-10 ATS in home games vs. teams off a winning season. See pic 1. These numbers seem not too shabby considering he has spent his career at a place like Vandy. He has been just as good SU vs. winning teams at home than Orgeron has been on the road at losing teams.
3) Consider a Vandy offense scored 38pts last year vs. LSU....might not mean much but Vandy did finish dead last in scoring in the SEC last year but yet they somehow pumped out 38pts vs. the best team in the nation? It might indicate Ed Orgeron has particular trouble vs. Derek Mason....just saying.
4) Lastly...just tryng to gain some context in Vandy's loss last week at Texas A&M. Was it a bad showing by A&M or was it a great showing by Vandy? Consider Jimbo fisher was 29-1 SU and 18-11 ATS in home games vs. losing teams before this game. See pic 3. They were a -30.5 fav but only won by 5. That is better than 25pts Vandy beat the spread vs. A&M. Out of 31 games, only one other time has a team beaten the spread by 25pts vs. Jimbo Fisher...only once! See pic 4. That tells me there is a really great chance this Vandy team is much better than expected......

dmason.jpg

eorgeron.jpg

jfisher1.jpg

jfisher2.jpg

Last edited:
Now this is what I call a couple of lotto tix boys!! Even if I hit 4 out of 6 then I'm partying like mad deep into tomorrow night!!

3, 4, 5, & 6-teamer RRs....

#1:
Middle Tennessee State +230
Auburn +245
Vanderbilt +575 for 1st Half
South Florida +360 for 1st Quarter
Kansas U +315 for 1st Quarter
TCU +215 for 1st Quarter
Risking $42.00 (42 parlays at $1.00) To Win $17,416.34

#2:
Middle Tennessee State +230
Auburn +245
Vanderbilt +800
Kansas U +650 for 1st Half
TCU +265 for 1st Half
South Florida +360 for 1st Quarter
Risking $42.00 (42 parlays at $1.00) To Win $41,880.09

BOLTA!

the good purdy and isu tends to show up a lot more As dogs than in games like week one where everyone expects them to. I dunno if I can pull trigger or not but I went from liking sooners to having no interest at all in them as the week went on. I feel like ppl are lazily thinking no way they lose 2 in a row.

gotta throw Mizzou in the mix, you never know which JG you are going to get.
Ole Miss is a live dog as well

in fairness to unc I think cuse defense has shown much better than maybe we thought they were coming into that game.

gotta throw Mizzou in the mix, you never know which JG you are going to get.
Ole Miss is a live dog as well

Agree on Missouri. I will be on them plus the pts and I don't think anyone anywhere would be shocked if Tennessee lost, even as DD fav. Somewhat predictably SCar was in the game with Vols last week and maybe could've even won if not for -2 TOs (SC only outgained by 15y).

Hard to hold much against MU in game one of Drinkowitz and co vs Alabama. Things should get a little more manageable here.

I'm starting to wonder just to which degree Duke made BC look good.

in fairness to unc I think cuse defense has shown much better than maybe we thought they were coming into that game.

True and agree on both accounts. The BC-Duke game was misleading, I do still like what I saw BC bring to the table in that game and feel that is closer to their reality than the Texas St game. And Syracuse D fights. But honestly, BC D should be able to be atleast as good if not ultimately better than that, I like the BC personnel in the front 7. The pass D will get stressed today if Howell is back on point.

Then the O for BC, I feel like Jurkovec is a little boom or bust right now. And BC's OL is underperforming in both the run and pass protection. I can understand that, but in terms of this thread and how BC is going to try and compete, both OL and QB will need to be quite a bit better than they have shown to date.

Ken Niumatalolo is 1-6 SU in road games coming off a road win and playing a team off a winning season. See pic 1. He has never won in this situation vs. a team that won more than 5 than it lost in the previous season. See pic 2.

knium.jpg

knium2.jpg

Agree on Missouri. I will be on them plus the pts and I don't think anyone anywhere would be shocked if Tennessee lost, even as DD fav. Somewhat predictably SCar was in the game with Vols last week and maybe could've even won if not for -2 TOs (SC only outgained by 15y).

Hard to hold much against MU in game one of Drinkowitz and co vs Alabama. Things should get a little more manageable here.
Look at Mizzou TT Over 17.5

Adding to post #24....Rick Stockstill is 5-0 SU and 5-0 ATS in home games coming off a road loss and playing a team that won at least 4 or more than it lost in the previous season.

rstockstill3.jpg

Gary Patterson is 4-2 SU and 4-2 ATS in away games coming off a home loss and playing as team coming off a winning season. However, looking at the 1st half scores, he is a perfect 6-0 SU in this situation. I laid off the FG wager because Tom Herman has some nice stats backing his situation at home.

gpatterson2.jpg

You know what they say about a fool and his money?? Well, I added 2 more....basically subbed AF for Aubbie. Should make for an exciting day of football!!

:watchingsports:

3, 4, 5, & 6-teamer RRs....

#3:
Air Force +230
Middle Tennessee State +220
Vanderbilt +800
Kansas U +650 for 1st Half
TCU +265 for 1st Half
South Florida +400 1st Quarter
Risking $42.00 (42 parlays at $1.00) To Win $42,352.16

#4:
Air Force +230
Middle Tennessee State +220
Vanderbilt +575 for 1st Half
South Florida +400 for 1st Quarter
Kansas U +315 for 1st Quarter
TCU +200 for 1st Quarter
Risking $42.00 (42 parlays at $1.00) To Win $16,967.66

BOLTA!!

Yeah, I love Campbell. Not the cute shtick - the baseball bats on the team bus, the sledgehammer in the locker room, the gold teeth, the pimped up locker room, all the cute shit and more.

Campbell gets coaching, really gets it. Discipline. Execution. Exposing team's weaknesses. Putting players in the right place to win.

And doing all of this with players that wouldn't get a sniff from Texas.

Fuck.

oops

EjcOHalUYAAaZOS

Back