Week 3 What Are We Learning

Agreed.

They still have a very solid playoff shot.
I wonder about this. What will the committee do if there's a couple of 10-2 teams from P4 conferences in the running? How bad does a loss to N. Illinois hurt when compared to a team that lost 2 games to say, OU and Mizzou? Or Ohio St and USC? I think ND is still firmly in the CFP hunt, but I think they need to win out (obviously) and need to avoid having like 5 to 7 10-2 teams from the SEC and B1G

I wonder about this. What will the committee do if there's a couple of 10-2 teams from P4 conferences in the running? How bad does a loss to N. Illinois hurt when compared to a team that lost 2 games to say, OU and Mizzou? Or Ohio St and USC? I think ND is still firmly in the CFP hunt, but I think they need to win out (obviously) and need to avoid having like 5 to 7 10-2 teams from the SEC and B1G
I think it would be ideal to win out.

I also believe the "brand" is a tiebreak in itself.

I think it would be ideal to win out.

I also believe the "brand" is a tiebreak in itself.
That's a pretty fair point. But thinking strictly from the SEC, it's quite possible that UGA goes 10-2 with the losses between road games at Alabama/Texas/Ole MIss, and the SEC Championship is Mizzou vs Texas, with UGA, Bama, and Ole Miss all sitting at 10-2. We're going to start hearing about "good" losses by early November

I did learn how much better B1G refs are than SEC refs. The crew in Madison was part of the game that was barely noticed. SEC refs have convinced themselves that they are the reason the fans are in the stadium and watching on TV

UCLA is a pretender with new first year head coach.

Indiana has a good quarterback and is always a threat as a small fav and back door dog if he’s healthy

if anything, LSU is in the game if the week every week huh?

What the fuck man

Tulane cover stolen. Mensah just has to better at protecting the ball. He will be. True Freshman. That Memphis game will be awesome.

If I’m a South Carolina fan, I’m pissed though.
That defensive front is nasty. That kid pushed around a 1st round draft pick

I did learn how much better B1G refs are than SEC refs. The crew in Madison was part of the game that was barely noticed. SEC refs have convinced themselves that they are the reason the fans are in the stadium and watching on TV
I'm curious which crew you got.

Big refs are a 50/50 proposition.

if anything, LSU is in the game if the week every week huh?

What the fuck man

Tulane cover stolen. Mensah just has to better at protecting the ball. He will be. True Freshman. That Memphis game will be awesome.

If I’m a South Carolina fan, I’m pissed though.
That defensive front is nasty. That kid pushed around a 1st round draft pick
On the late sc pick 6 to go up 11 of course the d lineman has to clock the lsu qb on the run back to bring it back and keep 4 point game at the time. Sc gave that game away. Still covered

Let me say this too. Talent evaluation for the QB position at the college is at an all time low. And the game is easier for offense.

Robbie Ashford? Like are you fucking kidding me?
What’s going on at some of these schools?
DJ Ugabooga etc

Let me say this too. Talent evaluation for the QB position at the college is at an all time low. And the game is easier for offense.

DJ Ugabooga etc
DJ is awful. Always has been. Wonder how much fsu gave him?? Better save it. No nfl for him

DJ Ugabooga etc
This is the portal, free agency, COVID years etc all combining.

You certainly did.
Yeah, wasn't trying to make a hot take of the day or anything at the time, but they actually have a damn good head coach and a very reasonable schedule. Should be solid all year long. Only guaranteed loss on the slate is OSU. Michigan and Nebraska next toughest games but both at home. All the rest should be favored. Not saying they are playoff bound but a 10 win IU team would be unprecedented. But they would unfortunately get a bowl game against an opponent out of their league and get stomped.

Yeah, wasn't trying to make a hot take of the day or anything at the time, but they actually have a damn good head coach and a very reasonable schedule. Should be solid all year long. Only guaranteed loss on the slate is OSU. Michigan and Nebraska next toughest games but both at home. All the rest should be favored. Not saying they are playoff bound but a 10 win IU team would be unprecedented. But they would unfortunately get a bowl game against an opponent out of their league and get stomped.
As long as they good ATS, I’ll be happy

Michigan wise...

Sherrone will have to really surround himself with a better staff next off-season.

Coaching is mostly a CEO position now, it seems. You can tell this bunch hasn't been coached up all that well. One of piece of luggage, WR Coach Bellamy (alumni) has needed to go for awhile.

They're being stubborn with Edwards. They refuse to use him much in the passing game and are forcing him into RB1 while a better every down back is behind him.

Listen, I love Don. This guy has several iconic moments the past few years. He's being misused though. Let him run the type of role and NFL team would place him in!

The QB situation isn't pretty. The injury to Tuttle really put a wrench into the plans. There is no good solution here, right now. More in the B1G thread...

Marlin Klein is a name to remember. The news on his potential seems to match what we saw today. Man, that's a future stud in the NFL!

MSU @ BC next Saturday night is a fun game and should give us a better total feel for MSU before they hit this rough stretch ahead (not as tough as it looked preseason but still a month of tough games).

I’m glad you think so, I didn’t know you mentioned them earlier, but the way they handled UCLA said allot about what you thought of them going into the season

Just stay healthy
Yeah a few weeks ago in a different thread. I'm not a heavy hitter here and fairly new so I stay kinda on the sidelines for the most part, but once in awhile I'll make some noise and plays. Haven't made my own threads yet but that could change as I like to gather more info for a few weeks in football.

Yeah a few weeks ago in a different thread. I'm not a heavy hitter here and fairly new so I stay kinda on the sidelines for the most part, but once in awhile I'll make some noise and plays. Haven't made my own threads yet but that could change as I like to gather more info for a few weeks in football.
I can vouch, and remember reading that. I said my feel for IU wasn't great -- so I've been looking with a more keen interest at them since that statement. I watched almost that entire 1h tonight (#dedication).

Keep the good posts and thoughts coming!

Won't come into play often but much like last year their backups in the 4th of a blowout gave up scores.
That makes me feel better about what feels like an obvious play this week: Michigan under — seeing a total over 50 atm. Starters will obviously play all four quarters

- Add Purdue to the list of garbage.
- Coaches that play it safe are coaches that lose. See Stoops last night.
- Cannot wait to the USC and Tennessee lines this Saturday. Both teams will win handily. As an add on keep in mind how much Heupel dislikes his alma mater.
- Horns depth and speed continues to be eye opening. 5th and 6th WRs would start for almost every team in the country.
- The below is always a good watch every year. Posting it today as a tribute to DJU's passing ability.

I was cap
MSU @ BC next Saturday night is a fun game and should give us a better total feel for MSU before they hit this rough stretch ahead (not as tough as it looked preseason but still a month of tough games).
I watched a lot of the game against Prairie View I was not impressed.

- Add Purdue to the list of garbage.
- Coaches that play it safe are coaches that lose. See Stoops last night.
- Cannot wait to the USC and Tennessee lines this Saturday. Both teams will win handily. As an add on keep in mind how much Heupel dislikes his alma mater.
- Horns depth and speed continues to be eye opening. 5th and 6th WRs would start for almost every team in the country.
- The below is always a good watch every year. Posting it today as a tribute to DJU's passing ability.

Why does Heupel dislike OU?

Darrnell Deas of Bethune Cookman playing at Western Michigan returned a KO for 95y for TD at the end of the 1H and then opened the 2H with a 98y KO return! He had 225 yards on 4 KO returns. BC as a team only gained 255 total yards.

Back