Week #3 of CFB (9/11-9/13)

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 14-9, +5.275 units

Went 10-5, +6.35 in week one...and went 4-4, -1.075 in week two. But i called it, fully expecting some carnage from last week's card. Week three, however, is a whole other story...and hopefully it'll live up to how good it looks at the moment.

Anyhow, i got an early start this week, for a change...and made quite a few plays as the lines were released. Was a nice change to be around to catch a couple of these right out of the gate.

Thursday, 9/11

Rutgers (-4.5) over N Carolina (-110) for 1 unit

Friday, 9/12

Kansas (+4.5) over S Florida (-110) for 1.5 units

Saturday, 9/13

Oregon (-6) over Purdue (-110) for 1.5 units

Georgia Tech (+7.5) over Virginia Tech (-110) for 1.5 units

California (-12.5) over Maryland (-110) for 1.5 units

Arizona (-10) over New Mexico (-110) for 1.5 units

Michigan (-2) over Notre Dame (-110) for 1 unit
Michigan (pk) over Notre Dame (-110) for a 1/2 unit

Buffalo (-6) over Temple (-110) for 1 unit

Georgia (-7) over S Carolina (-115) for 1 unit

Clemson (-18) over NC State (-110) for 1 unit

BYU (-7) over UCLA (-120) for 1.5 units

Fresno St (+1.5) over Wisconsin (-110) for 1.5 units

As always, i'll update new plays with a post below before editing this 1st post..as my card grows over the remainder of the week.

As for a few of the above plays...
I might be adding to the UGA play, if the line comes down a bit. If it doesn't move much, then it'll just be that 1 unit play above. The Buffalo play will remain at only 1 unit, in all likelihood...as will both Rutgers & Clemson. And i screwed up the UM play, thus the 2 different wagers. But assuming both UM plays get graded the same...meaning both win or lose...i'm probably going to count it as just one play/wager, as that was my initial intent. But obviously if they split, or one pushes, i will then count them appropriately...regardless of my screw up.

Lastly, i'm still holding out hope that some lines will move in my favor. USC was at the very top of my list to play...along with most of what's above...but i wasn't happy with the line that came out. (Still not all that happy with the UGA line either, thus the 1 unit play for now.) But nevertheless, i do semi-expect to have some type of play on the Trojans...at least to some degree. Just haven't been able to find the right (or any) value yet on the big game.

Anyhow, BOL this week. Hope the beautiful card we have for the coming weekend looks even more sexy after we're done with her.
:tiphat:

Last edited:
btw...

love Fresno St, Georgia, Clemson, BYU, and USC this week...but haven't played any of these yet. waiting to see better lines. and if they don't move favorably, they could end up being no plays as a result.

:cheers:

gl bro..don't like UM at all this week, but love the rest of your card.

btw...

love Fresno St, Georgia, Clemson, BYU, and USC this week...but haven't played any of these yet. waiting to see better lines. and if they don't move favorably, they could end up being no plays as a result.

:cheers:

well, i'm done for now. just gonna sit & watch the lines for the above 5 teams, and hope for the best...if not pray & beg for some favorable line movement.
also gonna watch the UNC and Auburn lines as well...

Still waiting on BYU, Fresno, Clemson, and USC...

But threw a unit a piece on Buffalo -6 and UGA -7 tonight. Won't be adding to that Buffalo play...but if the UGA line drops, i'll prolly add more.

Now to fix/update the initial post of this thread...

Happy capping :tiphat:

Fondy, Alex, Pags, & Press...thx, guys. :shake:

Well, i bit the bullet on a couple lines and added almost everything else i hadn't yet played tonight...with the only exception being USC. Just can't justify laying 10.5 pts, even though i still think they cover that # (barely) with an 11 to 14 pt win. Anyways, the additions...

BYU (-7) @ (-120) for 1.5
Fresno (+1.5) @ (-110) for 1.5
Rutgers (-4.5) @ (-110) for 1
Clemson (-18) @ (-110) for 1

Might turn out to be premature...but at the moment, i just don't believe i'll see much better lines over the course of the week...and obviously, i don't want to see worse...so i'm buttoning things up now, before the mid-week dr bob line moves.

Couple other things...
The quote of the week came from the SDST HC, Long. When asked who was a better team, between Cal Poly and Notre Dame, he replied, "Hard to say." I'll defer to the UM experts on the site...and readily admit that both teams are pretty bad right now...but went thru my #'s tonight, and made UM a 6 pt fav (fwiw).
There are also some excellent arguments being made for USF on friday. I'm not going to go against someone in their thread...but that said, i think both the offense and defense of Kansas is being sold a bit short...just as i think the offense and defense of USF are being sold a bit high, though more so defensively. Anyhow, good health there...and i agree, there are some valid reasons to back USF as well. But as of today, imo, KU is the better team...on both sides of the ball. Who'll end up being the better team after Friday, we'll have to see...

BOL this week, everyone. :shake:
It's gonna be weird (in a way) not having a play on the big USC/tOSU game...barring some miracle line movement, of course. ;)

LOL, I was reading the local paper after I got that text and they had Chuck Long's comment in there. Hilarious to think that ND is mentioned in the same breath as Cal Poly.

LOL, I was reading the local paper after I got that text and they had Chuck Long's comment in there. Hilarious to think that ND is mentioned in the same breath as Cal Poly.

They coulda won SU. Might've been a helluva different ending had the correct call been made at the time, and SDST goes up 20-7. But we'll never know...

So is my card beginning to reach Fondy-like proportions? :popcorn:
Feels like i've made about a 97 wagers already, lol.

like byu too and you are not the first guy that i respect that i have seen on rutgers.

keep it rolling yanks.

like byu too and you are not the first guy that i respect that i have seen on rutgers.

keep it rolling yanks.

:shake:

2 games into the year, and i'm fading my Bruins both times. It's just that we were so very fortunate to have won last year, against a physically superior team. They knocked about a half dozen Bruins outta the game, it seemed, and threw the ball all over us. Plus, i'm just not sold on this UCLA offense. Got lucky the 2nd half against Tenny, but i don't think we see a repeat in Provo. I see more of a repeat of our (embarrasing) trip to Utah last year, to be honest.

Also, actually was leaning UNC at first glance. But after capping the thing, and a fair amount of research, i had to back the home team...who'll still be desperately wanting to get the taste of that Fresno loss outta their mouth.

You know what, I had to put a weight on my finger to submit that BYU play. UCLA just hates me for some reason. Was able to get it at a flat 7 though on the buy at dimes. So at least that was nice.

Back