Week 3 Discussion Thread

I like a lot of small road chalk- probably not an ideal situation…

WVU -2.5 at Pitt… massive come from behind came in which Cincy went prevent the entire 4Q. Why should WVU not win this by 7+? Pitt D still sucks.

App state -3 at ECU… Pirates good story but QB 4/7 TD/int ratio. Why is this like so short? Cause App state got blown out by Clemson? Cause they have a short term to Thursday night vs USA? Feels 4 points short

Maryland -2 at UVA… Cavs needed a 14-0 4th Q to beat Wake. Yea, Terps gave away msu game, but should be very motivated to not be 1-2. Not sold on a 3-0 UVA.

Wash -4.5 vs WSU for Apple cup also looks tasty. Wazzu has mobile QB but he’s not accurate at all. TT had multiple chances last night and couldn’t close. Dub D should be able to contain them and win this by 7+…. Also GOY line was 8.5… 4 point difference just for Wash State beating up on Texas Tech at home? Meh

- A&M shouldn't be giving more than a FG to anyone, on the road, least not as long as Conner Weigman is under center.
- Tulane and the 14....OU isn't that good and it really took a hit when Farooq went out the first game. Scoring 16 points, at home, against Houston?
- It's too bad LSU / So Carolina isn't a night game. Even with the 11A kick will probably still take the 7.
- Memphis and 6. FSU had its "must win" two weeks ago and came out with the urgency of a house plant against BC. Maybe it's done, maybe it shows up against Memphis but the QB is still garbage and is on auto fade.
- Payton Thorne is a lost QB. I don't know if Auburn should be laying 29 to anyone. Some of his throws yesterday didn't even qualify as abysmal.
- Laid the 33 with Texas. UTSA lost to SW Texas yesterday by 40. The thing to remember with the Horns and big spreads is that Manning hasn't sat for two years to hand the ball off. That was evident in the Colorado State game. He'll throw, and often, in the 2H. Feels like a 49-7 type game. Not worried about any hangover from Michigan. Sarkisian has the team focused. And even then, 1/2 focused against a terrible team is plenty.

Last edited:
- Memphis and 6. FSU had its "must win" two weeks ago and came out with the urgency of a house plant against BC. Maybe it's done, maybe it shows up against Memphis but the QB is still garbage and is on auto fade.
Clemson was 0-9 ATS in DJ's first nine starts for the Tigers. There's no particular reason why this game should be his first cover at FSU.

Has anyone compared open vs close as in the favorite winning at opening number and dog winning at close - or vise versa? I do try and get the best open number on the side/total I want these days, but often for other games I sit around and watch the line and if it rises or drops to a certain point, I go in against the move if the fav drops to a point or the dog rises to a point. I haven't kept records of how that has worked out, but maybe across the board these twitter people do?

I am curious about a topic -- does anyone factor into a handicap the fact that one team is fully immersed in school and the other has not yet started classes? Does anyone know if anyone has looked at past results based taking this into account?

The reason I ask is that I was reading an interview with Dickert (WSU head coach) from yesterday and he mentioned the fact that the WSU players are all dealing with full academic schedules right now and the UW team in on an "NFL schedule" (meaning no classes yet). I took his comments to imply that he thought the WSU kids were at a disadvantage this week as a result, so it got me thinking about this angle

Any thoughts or data here would be appreciated. .....

I like a lot of small road chalk- probably not an ideal situation…

WVU -2.5 at Pitt… massive come from behind came in which Cincy went prevent the entire 4Q. Why should WVU not win this by 7+? Pitt D still sucks.

App state -3 at ECU… Pirates good story but QB 4/7 TD/int ratio. Why is this like so short? Cause App state got blown out by Clemson? Cause they have a short term to Thursday night vs USA? Feels 4 points short

Maryland -2 at UVA… Cavs needed a 14-0 4th Q to beat Wake. Yea, Terps gave away msu game, but should be very motivated to not be 1-2. Not sold on a 3-0 UVA.

Most years I’d agree w you bout wvu but why can’t they win? They can’t cover anyone and Pitt is playing a much different offense. Honestly I think Pitt can throw the ball all over wvu and it looks to me like Greene regressing, part of that is wvu oline is significantly worse this year which ain’t helping him. I can’t believe I’m saying it but I think pitt can pretty much hang any number they want and just don’t trust wvu offense to match that. God knows I’m wrong all the time but pit as home dogs seems incredibly appealing, although i might play more pitt passing props than side, just don’t think wvu has the corners to stay w pitt passing game.

im really behind so that only one I really have a opinion on.

Wash -4.5 vs WSU for Apple cup also looks tasty. Wazzu has mobile QB but he’s not accurate at all. TT had multiple chances last night and couldn’t close. Dub D should be able to contain them and win this by 7+…. Also GOY line was 8.5… 4 point difference just for Wash State beating up on Texas Tech at home? Meh

I’m either laying the points or smashing Coleman rush prop!

I am curious about a topic -- does anyone factor into a handicap the fact that one team is fully immersed in school and the other has not yet started classes? Does anyone know if anyone has looked at past results based taking this into account?

The reason I ask is that I was reading an interview with Dickert (WSU head coach) from yesterday and he mentioned the fact that the WSU players are all dealing with full academic schedules right now and the UW team in on an "NFL schedule" (meaning no classes yet). I took his comments to imply that he thought the WSU kids were at a disadvantage this week as a result, so it got me thinking about this angle

Any thoughts or data here would be appreciated. .....

I’d love to help seems like interesting angle but I was under the impression nobody went to class anymore! Lol

I've no ties to K-State. None. But Bill Snyder has been and will always be one of my favorite coaches of all time, in any sport. Arguably the architect of the biggest turnaround in college football history. Actually, it's not arguable.

Klieman is a clone of Snyder, and I'm a huge fan. Doing the exact same things that Snyder did with his teams - so damned smart, while undersized, dominating the special teams, playing its ass off, buttoned up, superior in-game adjustments, capitalizing on the other team's weaknesses, you name it.

Arizona came out on its first drive tonight like it would run and hide. After that first drive, it was rendered inept by a team that adjusted and took away everything that Arizona did early on. Just outstanding and fun to watch.

Back