Week 2 RAS/tout/service/Walters release in-game...

Rexy, with all due respect. I can't make anything out of all this. Someone moving a line could mean this but it could mean that, floods people with confusion doesn't it? Is there ultimately an idea of what to make of it before the game goes off so we can use it to our benefit. My head spins every time I try to make heads or tails of this info. Thanks buddy

could mean anything

he is just letting us know what is happening from a privileged spot that most do not have

and I think he gives his opinion when he sees/knows/thinks he knows something

not to speak for Rex

I like the info but does it ultimately benefit or is it supposed to be taken as stuff going on behind the lines?

Some more slight movement to Northwestern game 316 this morning.

Game 327 total WKy/Illy is getting bet up. Right Angle totals release later this afternoon.

Game 383 total Air Force/Wyoming is getting bet down. I see none of that now.

I do see two games that could be RAS games, but not sure.

331 NM St/Ga St OVER 63.5 is a play from the movers. Also game 386 Culo St/Boise UNDER 57 is movers.

I post the info as much to help myself than I do you guys; when I need a quick reference to go back to a game. It's cat-and-mouse between these movers and the bookmakers. If you don't stay on top of them they will slay you. Yes, this does mean I declare war against anyone who pays for RAS because they are coming after our money, lmao. There's a reason; their service is respected and good and people pay good money for it. It's especially tough to track these movers in the first two weeks until greed kicks in.

also, 96 percent of the people who read this thread are ultimately only slightly affected at most by it on gameday; i'm not naive enough to think that this is just a professionals' only forum, there are a great deal of friends of mine I've picked up the last 13 years who are recreational players.

another mover just bet 381 Memphis State +24 on the buy.

Another reason to post these is because people can get to their slow-moving outs to get the prices sometimes up to 10-15 mins after I post; it's a courtesy as well that i enjoy providing for CTG folks.

some movement to 312 N Tex UN small, but I don't see anything inside, only on the screen. Auburn a big move on the screen, game 366, but could be phoney. I didn't see anyone I respected laying 31.

movers now after 384 Air Force/Wyo UN 55, this one will drop a couple points for sure.

more movement on 327 OVER, so that's the four totals I would target the most although there are different movers on 384 UN than there are on 331 OV and 386 UN.

Some twitching going on with 389 OV as well but seeing no money there yet.

someone taking out all the numbers that are less than 13 on 369 Maryland at USF. I show nothing sharp on it here, should be noted that the game is/was 11.5,12 ish in some Vegas spots.

Just wanted to pop in and say as a long time lurker and new member that this is my favorite thread on the internet. Info is greatly appreciated.

some movement, not supported by bets that I see (so they might be fake) are on 363 OV, and i guess that's it for now.

Movers are out on the Bills in the NIffel, game 475.

Rex,
I know it's been said but I really do appreciate all the work and insight you add to this forum.. I have followed you since your original "blankets" days. Thanks again for taking time out of your hectic day to help all of us at ctg..

-steve

Rexy, with all due respect. I can't make anything out of all this. Someone moving a line could mean this but it could mean that, floods people with confusion doesn't it? Is there ultimately an idea of what to make of it before the game goes off so we can use it to our benefit. My head spins every time I try to make heads or tails of this info. Thanks buddy

Just a couple of thoughts for you...You need to understand what makes a line move (amount of $) a half or even a whole point. The average guy placing a bet isn't going to move anything as the goal is to be as close to 50/50 as possible with betters taking dogs/favs. The line movers are full-time guys using computers and god knows what else to find the perceived advantage. How it relates to me or someone else? I have a line and total each week, by Sunday afternoon, I look at the openers to compare and then can use the opening line along with ifnormation like this to make my selections as my goal is to either bet a potential line with my local (who's can't move lines up tot he minute) or try and make a play before someone bets enough to make the line jump.

Over the years I've learned if you look at lines on Saturday morning and start guessing, you're doomed. You have to have an idea of where you think you want a line to be and how it relates to opening. Just my opinion.

Movers bet on 385 Colo St +10.5 so I would expect that to be painted 10 before it's all said and done.

312 SMU/North Texas UNDER and 359 Ariz St/UNM OVER both moved and were hit by respected groups. I think it's a Right Angle play but we won't know for another 45 mins or more, though 312 UN got hit a bit harder than 359 OV.

Also a move on 331 NM State -1 from some movers. Guessing that one goes up at some point later on.

another mover just bet 381 Memphis State +24 on the buy.

Another reason to post these is because people can get to their slow-moving outs to get the prices sometimes up to 10-15 mins after I post; it's a courtesy as well that i enjoy providing for CTG folks.

this is exactly why I read these. If I am eyeing something and rex says the line movement is hitting..then sometimes i can catch it before it goes at my book.

Anything on UTSA?

Line holding steady at 7. Figure the consensus is on AZ. Larger dollars keeping line at 7, or simply books reluctant to move to 7.5?

323 OVER did indeed get hit, and is now painted 57. Saw one bet I respect but the others might have missed the price; guess we'll find out more later.

About 10 minutes for RAS totals to start lighting up the screen.

interesting day so far, it seems like Billy decided he would move on his games this morning and Right Angle has either stayed out of his way or billy bet his sides on a few of them and ruined his numbers... i was thinking billy was maybe phoneying some of the totals this morning...

that should probably just about do it for awhile. I would guess most of the movers will be back on the clock later this evening as we get closer to post-time, perhaps about 6-ish Eastern time. Gonna go grab a quick swim and then I'll check back in a few hours with any necessary updates...

Thanks again Rex, I don't hardly do anything with the info unless it's something I like bit appreciate im the insight it adds to CTGNation.

Game 314 Nadders/Iowa got hit UN by a group of movers at 3:41 pm, not sure who that was

Game 334 Culo/UMass also I show a guy i respect going UN 50 at 4:05 pm EDT

getting caught up now, will post more as i get caught up

regarding all the free pub on our site...you're welcome. :shake:

------------------------

Dr Bob has 4 best bets & 2 strong opinions. Don't know the plays, but these are the 6 games involved. You can figure things out from there.

SMU/UNT
Mizzou/Toledo
Ohio/Tucky
Fresno/Utah
ASU/New Mex
Colly St/Boise

and free analysis for tonight...

[h=3]Arizona (-7) 30 UTSA 24[/h] Thu Sep-04-2014 at 05:00 PM Pacific Rotation: 302 Over/Under 54.5 - Matchup Stats
Both of these teams were impressive last week, with Arizona dominating UNLV to the tune of 787 yard to 371 yards on the field and 58-13 on the scoreboard and UTSA upsetting Houston 27-7 as a double-digit dog. The Roadrunners were helped out by a +5 in turnover margin in an otherwise even contest (267 yards at 3.7 yards per play for UTSA and 255 yards at 3.6 yppl for Houston), but Houston has 17 starters returning from a better than average 8-5 team so playing them even from the line of scrimmage is impressive. Especially impressive is the UTSA defense, which played pretty well last year (5.4 yppl allowed to teams that would combine to average 5.4 yppl against an average team) and returns 10 starters from that unit. Of course I had projected the Roadrunners’ defense to be better than average this season but they far surpassed expectations with last Saturday’s performance against a pretty good Houston offense with a good experienced quarterback in John O’Korn.

We’ll find out just how good the UTSA stop unit is tonight, as Rich Rodriquez finally has his recruits in place on offense in his 3rd season at the helm. Redshirt freshman quarterback Anu Solomon looks like a star after averaging 9.0 yards per pass play last week and the rushing attack doesn’t appear to miss All-American Ka’Deem Carey based on last week’s 363 yards at 7.9 yards per rushing play. Actually, I didn’t think the Arizona rushing attack would suffer at all without Carey, whose 5.4 yards per run wasn’t that remarkable. Arizona won’t produce 787 yards as they did last week against UNLV but they should be able to move the ball pretty well against a stout UTSA defense.

Where Arizona appears to have a real advantage is with their better than average defense going up against a San Antonio attack that really struggled last week under new quarterback Tucker Carter. Carter is replacing a 3 year starter in Eric Soza, who put up solid numbers as a senior, but it appears as if Carter may be more of a drop than anticipated after last week’s poor showing (just 4.0 yards per pass play). I actually rate Houston’s defense more highly that Arizona’s defense so Carter and the rest of the offense should have more success this week. Overall, my ratings favor Arizona by 10 points but UTSA applies to a 60-19 ATS game 2 home underdog situation that I’m not eager to go against. In fact, I’ll lean slightly with UTSA plus the points.

The same guys who bet Tennessee overnight the other night came on in 306 Reno +3.5 last night at 4:10 ish AM; that is my side and would suggest you go get it now because I think it has been phonied up and will go down at some point later and close lower than it is now even though Wazzou is the sucker side. If you like Wazzou, best off waiting as you should be able to lay 3 flat or better.

Some suspicious movement is possible on games 314, 315 and 349. The same guy bet 352 about two hours ago and Oregon went up within the last hour or so. The other three could follow, or might not. I'm making the note in here so in case they do, i'll know where to look up the customer the next time...

Back