Week 18 Discussion Thread

You can come up with all the excuses you want for this coaching staff but good coaches get the best out of their players and these coaches have failed especially on offense. Just look at the other team in New York who has a QB that wasn't deemed good enough to pick up the option on his rookie contract before the season and has absolutely no players on that side of the ball other than Saquon yet somehow they are in the playoffs.

Daboll and Kafka coached Daniel Jones up to the point he will most likely get a big extension in the offseason when no one thought anything of the guy before the season so there is no excuse for Lafleur getting nothing out of all three of his QBs.

Not when they have a bitch sissy qb that the team won’t play for. The guy you loved and was so happy they drafted! Don’t blame the coaches now, you were dancing in the street when they made the worst pick since Jamarcus Russell. They did get the most out of him, that what he is. Daniel Jones might not be the greatest passer but he also isn’t a douche bag that all the players hate, (see how that going in Denver, at least that guy did something 1st), that byu prick will never work anywhere in this league, prob too late for that smirk to be slapped off his face. The dude actually posted on ig bout the scooters he bought the lineman, I laughed so hard when someone text me that! No coach can work w that, a life coach maybe, not a football coach. His parents told him he was way too special and he believed them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a valuable angle is to consider which quarterbacks are playing for future jobs. I think the Saint-Panther game is one in which both quarterbacks will be the most motivated guys on the field as both Darnold and Dalton should be treating this game as an audition.

Panther cornerback is also beleaguered by injury (most critically: Horn on IR). I think this game goes over.
If Andy is playing to be the starter next year just shoot me now

If it has not been mentioned, Gerald Everett and DeAndre Carter reception props should be good plays. Chargers playing for nothing and both players have incentives on the line. They'll get fed.

If it has not been mentioned, Gerald Everett and DeAndre Carter reception props should be good plays. Chargers playing for nothing and both players have incentives on the line. They'll get fed.

I brought up Everett in the props thread. I wasn’t sure we get a line on Carter. I’m not sure if they give any chargers props cause circumstance? I havnt seen any on DK yet.

Both Kirk and Jones have pretty big incentive to go over their yards props but since that a de facto playoff game im not sure it matters as much. I like them both regardless but they the main ones w guys you mentioned that have cash incentives. I think Reymond for lions needs 3 grabs also.

I brought up Everett in the props thread. I wasn’t sure we get a line on Carter. I’m not sure if they give any chargers props cause circumstance? I havnt seen any on DK yet.

Both Kirk and Jones have pretty big incentive to go over their yards props but since that a de facto playoff game im not sure it matters as much. I like them both regardless but they the main ones w guys you mentioned that have cash incentives. I think Reymond for lions needs 3 grabs also.
Usually come sunday morning

I think so… hope so too

I’d think if everything plays out and this game meaningless for chargers seeding we would see them sit both wrs who been banged up a lot this year, probably sit Herbert also. I think that would be the perfect storm for Everett in particular, no way he sits and chase Daniel would absolutely over target him if needed.

Not when they have a bitch sissy qb that the team won’t play for. The guy you loved and was so happy they drafted! Don’t blame the coaches now, you were dancing in the street when they made the worst pick since Jamarcus Russell. They did get the most out of him, that what he is. Daniel Jones might not be the greatest passer but he also isn’t a douche bag that all the players hate, (see how that going in Denver, at least that guy did something 1st), that byu prick will never work anywhere in this league, prob too late for that smirk to be slapped off his face. The dude actually posted on ig bout the scooters he bought the lineman, I laughed so hard when someone text me that! No coach can work w that, a life coach maybe, not a football coach. His parents told him he was way too special and he believed them.
This is a great classified for life coaches fwiw

Sounds like napping time!!! I slept awful too!
Been cloudy/rainy all week, wake up at 2am for a couple hours, seriously using the tv to figure out what time and day it is. Big time hangover after holidays.

Speaking of which I'm pretty sure I've been both intoxicated and hungover at least three times since midnight. Intoxication is way better.

Been cloudy/rainy all week, wake up at 2am for a couple hours, seriously using the tv to figure out what time and day it is. Big time hangover after holidays.

Speaking of which I'm pretty sure I've been both intoxicated and hungover at least three times since midnight. Intoxication is way better.

Bout week before Xmas I thought my sternum had actually pretty much healed after that wreck, then I proceeded to move a couch downstairs practically by myself and a bunch of other heavy shit bring presents and whatnot to family houses and must have totally re-fucked it up, I figured maybe I just made it sore for a few days but going on 2 weeks again where I can’t get comfortable at all for very long or lay all the way down. Shit really fucking up the little sleep I do get!! I swear after this heals I’m going at least 6 months with no more fucking problems, feel like I been recovering from one thing or another for damn near a year at this point and it blows!!

Bout week before Xmas I thought my sternum had actually pretty much healed after that wreck, then I proceeded to move a couch downstairs practically by myself and a bunch of other heavy shit bring presents and whatnot to family houses and must have totally re-fucked it up, I figured maybe I just made it sore for a few days but going on 2 weeks again where I can’t get comfortable at all for very long or lay all the way down. Shit really fucking up the little sleep I do get!! I swear after this heals I’m going at least 6 months with no more fucking problems, feel like I been recovering from one thing or another for damn near a year at this point and it blows!!
Man I'm 47 going on and no chance I'm lifting anything that can't be thrown in the trash. Guess having cheap labor is a positive here when moving shit....last furniture I lifted was a futon up the stairs w/a 90 degree turn...38. Messed up my back for weeks. Never again...someone will always do that shit for twenty bucks.

Man I'm 47 going on and no chance I'm lifting anything that can't be thrown in the trash. Guess having cheap labor is a positive here when moving shit....last furniture I lifted was a futon up the stairs w/a 90 degree turn...38. Messed up my back for weeks. Never again...someone will always do that shit for twenty bucks.

If im not 47 im getting dangerously close! Lol. This past year been 1st time I’ve ever really had anything I couldn’t throw some dirt on and forget about, one lingering concussion but that been bout it in 45 years till the eye then that wreck right after recovering from
Eye!! Getting old sucks!! I need to get back into doing some juice, try to push this shit back another 5-10 years! Lol

I’m too bullheaded and stupid to pay someone to lift things for me: hell my brother works right down street, I coulda had him stop by and help me but was like “fuck that I’m a bad ass, I can do it with minimal help from old lady”, bad bad idea, mostly just cause obviously my sternum wasn’t quite as healed as I thought it was!

I’m too bullheaded and stupid to pay someone to lift things for me: hell my brother works right down street, I coulda had him stop by and help me but was like “fuck that I’m a bad ass, I can do it with minimal help from old lady”, bad bad idea, mostly just cause obviously my sternum wasn’t quite as healed as I thought it was!
You'll learn

Wrists, arms, legs, ankles, feet....all heal

Lower back will remind you of what you did to it til you die

Never had any back issues. This sternum thing been pretty awful tho, had I known I wasn’t healed enough I woulda been smarter but I’d been feeling so much better the days leading up to that I figured I was good to go: I made a slight error in judgement! Can’t believe it basically been back to square 1 w this shit. It was a super long, painful, and annoying recovery the 1st time!

Never had any back issues. This sternum thing been pretty awful tho, had I known I wasn’t healed enough I woulda been smarter but I’d been feeling so much better the days leading up to that I figured I was good to go: I made a slight error in judgement! Can’t believe it basically been back to square 1 w this shit. It was a super long, painful, and annoying recovery the 1st time!
Crazy that core trainers have become a thing

Some personal trainers have chosen to focus completely on core...chest, abs, hips, back, butt

Those are the most difficult muscles to engage as we age, very smart for them to specialize. Hammies and Achilles, just wait for those to be a problem

I suppose this isn’t a thing but if I was the bills I’d rest my guys this week and let pats win,, they can’t get the bye, is playing a potential afc championship on a neutral field that huge a deal? I think I’d rather pick my 1st round opponent and they know the pats are the least threatening game as they own them.
As a BILLS fan we're hoping to knock Bellicheat into retirement....Me personally if they don't get the Bye the Steelers would be the best match up for BILLS next weekend ..

Can't see McDermott ever laying down to a division opponent he goes on and on ad nauseum about how important these games are ....

I understand your point though, and it does make some sense ...

Achilles is impossible to prepare for but the most common lower body injury for athletic types after 40. Gotta do calf stretches and hope you don't bust one.

Injury as I understand it isn't awful but the recovery is brutal

Crazy that core trainers have become a thing

Some personal trainers have chosen to focus completely on core...chest, abs, hips, back, butt

Those are the most difficult muscles to engage as we age, very smart for them to specialize. Hammies and Achilles, just wait for those to be a problem
I have a knee that has bothered me for years but not enough to actually do anything about or slow me down, just a annoyance. Think it came from the torque I put on it back when I bowled a lot, it always swelled and I had to ice it after bowling 10-20 games.

As a BILLS fan we're hoping to knock Bellicheat into retirement....Me personally if they don't get the Bye the Steelers would be the best match up for BILLS next weekend ..

Can't see McDermott ever laying down to a division opponent he goes on and on ad nauseum about how important these games are ....

I understand your point though, and it does make some sense ...

I’m not sure they remain the 2 tho if they handed game to pats and cincy won? Which would obviously make that moot. I agree I don’t see them doing it either way, especially now when they probably supercharged w emotion.

I have a knee that has bothered me for years but not enough to actually do anything about or slow me down, just a annoyance. Think it came from the torque I put on it back when I bowled a lot, it always swelled and I had to ice it after bowling 10-20 games.
CTG needs to fire up an IR list

You would certainly be the first for bowling

Achilles is impossible to prepare for but the most common lower body injury for athletic types after 40. Gotta do calf stretches and hope you don't bust one.

Injury as I understand it isn't awful but the recovery is brutal
Well, as someone who turned 50 this past April, and still playing sports, I can tell you Achilles tears suck! Just had a complete tear of my right Achilles on 11/5. Surgery 11/10 and just started driving last week. 9-12 month recovery. You’re right, the injury itself wasn’t awful; recovery sucks ass!

I’m not sure they remain the 2 tho if they handed game to pats and cincy won? Which would obviously make that moot. I agree I don’t see them doing it either way, especially now when they probably supercharged w emotion.
No they'd be #3 with a loss and Bengals win ...

My dream scenario is bludgeon the Pats , Jets beat Fins , and Steelers beat Browns .... ( very possible, and might not be a bad ML Parlay at the current +431)

I think that a big reason I never had many injuries: for being a pretty big dude I’m shockingly flexible. I broke school record for that thing where you sat with legs extended forward and saw how far you could get fingers:hand (wrist in my case) past your toes. I used to always kick my foot up on top the fridge back in day and leave it there awhile.

No they'd be #3 with a loss and Bengals win ...

My dream scenario is bludgeon the Pats , Jets beat Fins , and Steelers beat Browns .... ( very possible, and might not be a bad ML Parlay at the current +431)

I actually think that exactly how it plays out, Steelers the one I trust the least out of those 3.

Bills thoughts guys

No doubt emotions will be through the roof and pregame will be something to see. I already have chills thinking about it. There truly is no way to know how the players individually will react but I think once the game gets going they will be focused. This is the point of the season where the cream rises to the top, no way we see a timid Bills team going for the #2 seed.

Last meeting @NE was off the turkey day win @ the Lions and once the Bills were up they were more than happy to eat the clock and get out of there with the win. Outside of one big play 48 yd td pass NE was largely held in check, as Tremaine Edwards said after the plan was to make Mac beat them with his arm.

What has changed since then?

More on the line for Buffalo

A chance to put a stamp on the regular season, at home in front of this crowd. Has there been a more emotionally charged game since what, Saints & Katrina? (I'm not equating the circumstances, just solely the emotional aspect). Everyone will be watching.

The offense is healthy. Patriots secondary is not. I think Diggs is going to go off and no scheme from Hoody can stop it because he doesn't have the talent. With Mills out even if Jones goes they are likely to get torched. Judon is a game changer but with the Bills o line finally fully healthy they can plan for him. I think Allen looks to get the ball out quick to start but there will be shots taken. I'm looking at Diggs yards over & td, but honestly I think this is a game where scores could very well come from anyone. Gabe maybe....

Defensively the Bills obv lose Hamlin but get Benford back. How much time he sees remains to be seen but they must be very confident in him as they let X Rhodes walk & signed another safety. I'm going to make a bold prediction & say Benford might play a big part of this secondary down the stretch. Tre White had a couple bad covers vs Cincy early but this Pats wr core is not that. I think of any group in the Bills locker room the secondary will be the most motivated to show up big for their brother. No way they come out soft. First game Buffalo had already lost Von & pressured Mac.

Patriots got there little divisional win last week vs the Fins, I think this one is an absolute blowout. If the Patriots come in and even make this competitive I will be shocked. I think this is a 17+ point win but I'm going to throw a prediction out there.

33-3 Bills for #3. Buffalo intentionally misses an extra pt to get a 3 in the score.

i think rams/seattle be a good game for some SGP action. Think lot of guys hit their props in that one and like both teams to score more than their team totals.

Like the cowboys/Washington over and I think Howell will be game to get some his guys some numbers but tough to mix in any SGp cause not sure how long Dallas starters will play? I do like Dotson ov 37.5 rec quite a bit and the over 40.

Anyone but me interested in Jets +3.5?

Yep. Been saying all week that move from jets-1 to +3 made no damn sense, when I saw the hook on it this morning I played them. I don’t think going to Flacco from a injured white is much of any drop off. On the other hand fish going from Tua or teddy b to a dude who should be in the xfl gotta be at least 6 point difference, so why the hell the move? Plus I love fading the “must win” teams who have only covered 38% the time when facing a team who been eliminated since 1990!

Yep. Been saying all week that move from jets-1 to +3 made no damn sense, when I saw the hook on it this morning I played them. I don’t think going to Flacco from a injured white is much of any drop off. On the other hand fish going from Tua or teddy b to a dude who should be in the xfl gotta be at least 6 point difference, so why the hell the move? Plus I love fading the “must win” teams who have only covered 38% the time when facing a team who been eliminated since 1990! While we on in I like rams and lions also!
I agree...may pull trigger, just can't seem to make myself. May watch live and hope to get a 6

While we on that subject I like the rams and lions also: I debated whether to wait on lions cause if Seattle wins that line will prob jump up to +6 at least.

Back