Week 17 Westgate Lookahead Lines/ BetOnline Openers and Discussion

They need a W combined with Rams loss for #2 not impossible but unlikely. I plugged Minn in with Philly & Houston for the square teaser du jour.

Niners have been incredibly competitive so while maybe not likely wouldn’t it be foolish for bears to lay down when a 2 seed prob gets them to the nfc ship gm imo? If they see rams up big at halftime I could see them stopping. Maybe Nagy doesn’t wanna risk showing too much in likely chance they play again, or maybe he wants to knock them out and not worry about them? Even if bears play vanilla if the starters play i like their chances.

I jumped all over colts when it came out at -2.5. Maybe I could see a case for ten at +3.5 but give me one the best qbs in the league, nfl set up for them to beat run games and defense.

It doesn’t worry you that absolutely no one is giving the Titans a chance, let alone thinking they win?

You don’t think Indy just as motivated? I’ll love if it close, close gm give me the qb who wins games. They would have been insane to make Indy dogs, they been at risk of paying out a ton of plus money.

Indy will be motivated yes, but not getting disrespected and playing at home. I’d love if it’s close too, give me the home team with Derrick Henry and Ryan Succop Lol

He’s not, he’s just stating his case. No worries. I won’t muck up this thread anymore. The world is on Indy, I’m on tenn. The end lol

You def have that going in your favor. Just hope the smart part of the world who jumped at open get paid, fuck the rest! Lol. You prob be able to get at least 3.5 at some point, I’m good with Indy by 3. Once I couldn’t get -2.5 any longer I started ml parlaying them w bama/Clemson and few other Nfl. Feels like one of easiest square winners of the year to me, I been seeing pretty good lately so pretty confident, and I really think not only do I have luck if it close I truly believe that who nfl wants in as well.

It's already 3.5 on Bovada. I wanted Indy but not laying the hook or paying the juice to remove it. May toss them in a 13 pointer though. Hate crossing the 0 but when it crosses & still goes above 7.5 it's not as bad.

It doesn’t worry you that absolutely no one is giving the Titans a chance, let alone thinking they win?

Maybe a tiny little bit, not enough that I didn’t unload on Indy and continue to put them at end of parlays! Lol. wAy it going there a very good chance I’ll have to buy some of titans at hopefully at like +3,5/4 before kick to hopefully middle or at least get rid of some risk! That said I feel nobody buys Titans for good reason. They not that good.

You def have that going in your favor. Just hope the smart part of the world who jumped at open get paid, fuck the rest! Lol. You prob be able to get at least 3.5 at some point, I’m good with Indy by 3. Once I couldn’t get -2.5 any longer I started ml parlaying them w bama/Clemson and few other Nfl. Feels like one of easiest square winners of the year to me, I been seeing pretty good lately so pretty confident, and I really think not only do I have luck if it close I truly believe that who nfl wants in as well.

Why would you bet on something if you think you only just barely win the bet lol

Not sure how you see it being easy when you consider Henry and the TEN defense

Why would you bet on something if you think you only just barely win the bet lol

Why barely? I’ll take luck in a close game every time and think I’ll win way more than lose. Doesn’t really matter by how much.. I don’t know it be close, just said I’ll feel great if it is close late.

Cause the nfl isn’t about fat running backs and defense. It about qbs and Indy has one of best while titans need 1.

I suggest you do a bit more research. TEN and specifically Henry have been incredible lately. He yanked the job from highly paid Dion Lewis and there’s some truth to bruised teams not being able to tackle 250-pound backs in the final weeks

The Bears are not mailing it in and their motivation stretches beyond a bye. They beat the Vikings, they knock out a divisional rival which does mean something to a team that has not won in decades. Also, if they lay down they then have to play the Vikings in rd1 which I don't think they want to do simply because it sets a terrible precedent.

The Bears will be motivated, will be focused, and will play hard.

I am not stating that the Bears will win, but I don't think the Rams score will be a distraction because they want to knock the Vikings out.

I suggest you do a bit more research. TEN and specifically Henry have been incredible lately. He yanked the job from highly paid Dion Lewis and there’s some truth to bruised teams not being able to tackle 250-pound backs in the final weeks

^this, and the best part is I didn’t have to say it. For the boys on 3!!!

I saw a picture of Patricia dressed for work in the sloppiest, most unprofessional way possible. Dunno if he‘s always been like that or just doesn’t gaf now but that can‘t be good for public perception

always been like that....super smart guy that doesn't give a f about clothing or looks

It's already 3.5 on Bovada. I wanted Indy but not laying the hook or paying the juice to remove it. May toss them in a 13 pointer though. Hate crossing the 0 but when it crosses & still goes above 7.5 it's not as bad.

i like thus tease

Maybe it's a teaser week...here are some thoughts on 6 and 10 pointers

6 pointers
giants to -1
philly to .5
pack to -2
hou to -1
buff to 1

10 pointers
kc to 4...just seemed safer than oak to 24
jets to 23.5
colts to 6.5
pitt to 4
seatt to -3

10 point totals
jax under 49.5
pats under 56.5
kc under 62.5
buff under 49.5

The Bears are not mailing it in and their motivation stretches beyond a bye. They beat the Vikings, they knock out a divisional rival which does mean something to a team that has not won in decades. Also, if they lay down they then have to play the Vikings in rd1 which I don't think they want to do simply because it sets a terrible precedent.

The Bears will be motivated, will be focused, and will play hard.

I am not stating that the Bears will win, but I don't think the Rams score will be a distraction because they want to knock the Vikings out.

Yeah I agree on this. In my experience team like this, that are getting a taste of winning after years of (at best) mediocrity, don't tend to let up. They are enjoying the ride and savoring every win. Also, they're built on defence and defence travels well.

I feel like this number should have been 2.5 or maybe up to 3.5 max given the situation. Anything over 4 is a gift IMO.

oh...and Cousins

Hearing Mariota OUT for Sunday.....
could be strategic
sounds like my source was spot on on Monday.
They are saying they don’t want to risk further damage.
Looks like this means they are going to sign him after the season.
I still have a feeling this could be strategic
If you can walk and throw. Get out there
Or better yet. Block O Line!

Jags have been awful all year. Don’t see it changing today with no LF and Buttholes back. Not planning to bet the game, just wondering what I’m missing.

Really oversimplifying things to say Jags been awful all year. But by all means I get not wanting to put money on Buttholes

Bills line crazy to me. Ivory back and I would THINK Shady gets off but the defense is in shambles right now, special teams is in the toilet as well. Kyle Williams last game nice story but to see them favored by so much is funny. I think there will be scoring and it's likely a 3 pt game either way. Yeah I know Miami doesn't want to be there but do the Bills really want to lose the draft positioning?

AFC South situation:
  • Texans win division with victory today
  • A Texans loss makes them the 6th seed. The winner of IND/TEN would be the AFC South Champions
  • If Texans win, the winner of Colts at Titans will get the 6th seed
So if JAX wins today, that makes SNF the AFC South Championship game.

Thanks! Seems a little odd that Cleveland has the second most wagers and Baltimore the third most??

Thanks! Seems a little odd that Cleveland has the second most wagers and Baltimore the third most??

I think it makes sense that more bettors would take interest in a game that matters and both teams were recently on primetime so they prolly feel more confidend in their impression of them

Dude already beat Jets, Panthers, and Jaguars who at the time were allowing 211, 257, 193 passing yards per game, respectively. Those were all home games though.

Back