*****Week 17 how is there not a thread yet Discussion and in-game*****

I am very fortunate in that my parents improved the situation they were given significantly. I was able to reap the rewards of their hard work. This isnt the time or place to hash it out but my dad had to beg for meals while growing up and was a Boys and Girls club kid although back then he says it was more sponsored directly by the Salvation Army

:shake:

I am very fortunate in that my parents improved the situation they were given significantly. I was able to reap the rewards of their hard work. This isnt the time or place to hash it out but my dad had to beg for meals while growing up and was a Boys and Girls club kid although back then he says it was more sponsored directly by the Salvation Army

Same here my dad was a truck driver and when I was 1, had his arm crushed. Had a chain snap when hauling a boat and the trailer landed on his arm. So he couldn't do that anymore went to College, got an Accounting degree and now he is where he is at.

well points woulda been nice but that INT isn't terrible that deep... not great, but ehhhhh

Not that my parents went through that tough of a situation DS, but I, too, can appreciate coming from nothing. My parents had financial troubles when I was growing up (like many I'm sure), but they worked their ass off to make sure us kids never knew. They always talked about hard work paying off and that has always stuck with me. I'm much more appreciative of what I have today because I started with nothing.

is it?

my parents never toured colleges across the country with me

actually none of the people I grew up with

so it wouldn't be "most people" to me

if this was a family feud question, toured with parents would have like 95% of the votes, who were you touring with?

is it?

my parents never toured colleges across the country with me

actually none of the people I grew up with

so it wouldn't be "most people" to me
I was talking about touring colleges, not the across country thing.

M8's, if we wanna talk about struggles. My parent's came from the USSR. We were living in a 1 bedroom the first year we lived here. Dad became a doctor, mom become an engineer, and my sister married a rich guy. We made it. I'm the world's greatest!

M8's, if we wanna talk about struggles. My parent's came from the USSR. We were living in a 1 bedroom the first year we lived here. Dad became a doctor, mom become an engineer, and my sister married a rich guy. We made it. I'm the world's greatest!

whatabout you m8?

you R. Kelly?

I had a great childhood because my parents worked hard. My dad was one of 5 kids. He is the only one not convicted of a felony and none of the 5 graduated college. He is also the only one that hasnt been divorced. I have 6 cousins on that side of the family. I am the only one not convicted of a felony. One cousin died at 22 of a narcotic overdose and I have another cousin currently in jail. Im the byproduct of parents who wanted their kid to escape
don't apologize for any of it dude...and I dont need an explanation

you seem like a good dude and are successful:shake:

don't need a back story or anything

Like I said, I want to do that kind of thing for my kids.

I was just stating it isnt the norm for many people....wasn't directed at you

I'm a white guy, only child, raised in the midwest with parents that didn't divorce until I was 22. Never faced a bigger hurdle in my life than being a white guy with divorced parents, the struggle continues.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WgcovIu3k9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back