**Week 11 NFL/NCAAB/NBA/NHL** In-Game

Speaking of things we never did. I was all set to go to the Hunter Wendelstedt School of Umpiring until I got my acceptance letter to medical school. I applied to the in-state med school and if I would have been rejected, I was going to go all in to be an umpire
no shit? My buddies all tell me that I should look into being an NFL ref since I played so much ball and know most/all of the quirky rules. Plus, the money is good.

no shit? My buddies all tell me that I should look into being an NFL ref since I played so much ball and know most/all of the quirky rules. Plus, the money is good.

NFL refs are full of folks like you...people who succeed M-F and who are flexible and in good shape. I assume you're in good shape. The problem with umpiring is that, just like the players, you have to suffer through the minors.

Umpires make 350ish per year but all travel and meals are obviously paid for. If you could make it to the show by the time you were 35 it would be a sick way to live til retirement

Friend of mine is a SEC official and he makes 1500/ gm travel & food paid for for the weekend
not to bad for a 2nd job

NFL refs are full of folks like you...people who succeed M-F and who are flexible and in good shape. I assume you're in good shape. The problem with umpiring is that, just like the players, you have to suffer through the minors.
I would do it but I don't want to spend 10-15 years doing HS games. I like the sport enough to do it but I value my time too much and wouldn't be interested in working for peanuts to try to "reach my dream" when my full time job keeps me insanely busy.

I don't have them on my schedule, I did UMD Saint Cloud State last weekend. Which I can certainly can get in trouble for being on here as there are lines for the games I officiate.

Friend of mine is a SEC official and he makes 1500/ gm travel & food paid for for the weekend
not to bad for a 2nd job
on second thought, I might need to explore this further haha.

I can't imagine anything better than being in the middle of a game like LSU/Bama last weekend with one of the best seats in the house....

I don't have them on my schedule, I did UMD Saint Cloud State last weekend. Which I can certainly can get in trouble for being on here as there are lines for the games I officiate.

hahahaha, surprised you and Tuck weren't exploiting this option

I can't imagine anything better than being in the middle of a game like LSU/Bama last weekend with one of the best seats in the house....

except you woulda been at the UGA/KY game

Until you make a PI call that might cost the home team the gm. I have heard some stories lol

Virtually no ref/ump job is worth it to me unless it's MLB, none of the others seem remotely interesting

If you played it comes easy, I think the hardest part for me was just getting down the positioning where myself and the players will be safe. You really can move up quick if you are knowledgable and in shape. I am only in my 3rd year and got luck to be doing DI hockey. First year Hs, 2nd year hs and D3, this year doing hs d1 and d3... the opportunities are there.

If you played it comes easy, I think the hardest part for me was just getting down the positioning where myself and the players will be safe. You really can move up quick if you are knowledgable and in shape. I am only in my 3rd year and got luck to be doing DI hockey. First year Hs, 2nd year hs and D3, this year doing hs d1 and d3... the opportunities are there.
how did you get into it? I assume you need to get licensed by the state to do HS, etc?

MLB pay is the only thing alluring about any of it, and the benefits

And it's during summer when nothing else is going on

USC gonna stop scoring like bg did last night. still cant believe i lost that tt

Back