Week 10 NFL Discussion

last week it was difficult for me to find a game...this week they just seem to jump out

wash played a better game then the score showed...like their tt over

det off a by getting 11.5 from a team that has been figured out i think because rogers doesn't have the weapons to throw to

jets under maybe

tb....is romo back?

will the eagles roll the fins....probably

pitt>cleve

oak-3....more offense

kc+6....denver has had it's run

tenn maybe....seems like they have played more good games than bad

Carolina has scored at least 20 in every game this season,with 20 being their lowest scoring output all year, many 24+ scores. Total seems low for their game against Titans

Carolina has scored at least 20 in every game this season,with 20 being their lowest scoring output all year, many 24+ scores. Total seems low for their game against Titans

the line combined with the total seem to be teling us that the books think the panthers come out very flat. i tend to agree. they have had big game after big game and been in prime time a lot. they have been asked to "get up" for a big game 3 straight weeks. a team just can't do that every week. I think this is a flat spot and will be on Tennessee huge

the line combined with the total seem to be teling us that the books think the panthers come out very flat. i tend to agree. they have had big game after big game and been in prime time a lot. they have been asked to "get up" for a big game 3 straight weeks. a team just can't do that every week. I think this is a flat spot and will be on Tennessee huge

:shake:

I already bet them at 4.5, and will see if i can get 7, before i go in for more.

yup definitely a flat spot for the panthers... but i ain't betting against Cam. Under is a great play imo

mariota hasn't impressed me at all... such incredible luck last week

yup definitely a flat spot for the panthers... but i ain't betting against Cam. Under is a great play imo

mariota hasn't impressed me at all... such incredible luck last week

You're pretty tough to impress it seems.

Both need it equally, but I guess you could say the Bills need it a bit more since they are currently a game behind the Jets.
Ol technique will be key
Also the team with the rbs who run with the highest knees

mariota must have been on nbafans DFS team where he lost all his money haha.

How the hell can you not be impressed with him haha

To be fair, 2 of his TDs last week (against the worst D in the league) were sure-fire interceptions that got tipped straight into the air and into the arms of his WRs.

mariota must have been on nbafans DFS team where he lost all his money haha.

How the hell can you not be impressed with him haha

Did you see the terrible throws that were thrown to the saints defenders and were tipped or bobbled and Delanie Walker was able to make the catches? Those lucky receptions lead to points. He made awful decisions and the saints/Walker bailed him out. And that was against a shitty saints defense. I don't think he has success vs the panthers.

Did you see the terrible throws that were thrown to the saints defenders and were tipped or bobbled and Delanie Walker was able to make the catches. Those lucky receptions lead to points. And that was against a shitty saints defense. I don't think he has success vs the panthers.

That's one game, and a few throws you're talking about. He's been pretty damn impressive as a rookie, hasn't he?

65.5% completion percentage, with 13 TDs and 5 INTs and he's averaging about 270 yds/game. He's a rookie playing on the Titans.

You're pretty tough to impress it seems.

And you're pretty annoying it seems. We all have our faults. I've seen enough of Mariotas play this year and I'm not impressed enough to put money on him against one of the best defenses in the league. Better?

Nba I do get your points on those throws but overall i think hes been a very solid rookie. Im sure one or 2 of his ints could have been caught

I also get why you would not trust him against a good team event get why you would not trust him against a good D... But you have to wonder why the line open so low. They could have opened this -6 & got 50/50 money

I also get why you would not trust him against a good team event get why you would not trust him against a good D... But you have to wonder why the line open so low. They could have opened this -6 & got 50/50 money

it opened at -6.5. It doesn't matter what they opened the number at...It would get panthers money regardless. How high can it be after the Titans just beat the saints in New Orleans?

And you're pretty annoying it seems. We all have our faults. I've seen enough of Mariotas play this year and I'm not impressed enough to put money on him against one of the best defenses in the league. Better?

Of course that's better. It's tough to trust any QB against Carolina, much less a rookie. That makes sense. Making a blanket statement that you're not impressed just seems a bit harsh (probably not the best word choice here), especially when you based your opinions on one game and a few throws. Sure stats can lie, and do, but what would you like to judge QBs by if it's not stats?

For perspective, Winston has completed 57% of his passes, has 10 TD and 7 INTs.

I would like to judge them by my eyes.

This is a week 10 discussion. I'm obviously talking about the Titans game this weekend. Not trying to make a case of whether Mariota deserves ROY.

I would like to judge them by my eyes.

This is a week 10 discussion. I'm obviously talking about the Titans game this weekend. Not trying to make a case of whether Mariota deserves ROY.

Yes, the eye test. The eyes of someone not qualified in the least bit to evaluate QB play, let alone NFL QB play. Makes perfect sense.

In all fairness I use the eye test the time... Not saying I'm a professional scout but I know that I (And maybe nba too) Watch enough games that i can see if a player "looks the part"...theres money to be made that way imo. Nba just happens to disagree with us about MM

Yes, the eye test. The eyes of someone not qualified in the least bit to evaluate QB play, let alone NFL QB play. Makes perfect sense.
Exactly
Can't stand when people say the eye test
Cat has no idea what he looking at. His eye test is not valid

:blowkiss:Hey ya'll its a "discussion" thread...i like reading different points of view. People have dissimilar opinions...imo not right to attack one as 'unqualified' etc...it's opinion

but, that's me

people who say that the eye test is bullshit and only rely on stats are the people who think Kaepernick is equal to cam
What's does it eye test consist of?
Quickness.on drops? Ability to make quick/correct Decisions?
Leadership? Arm strength?

It's sad because Kap is broken but he was superior to Cam last 2.5 years before this meltdown and it wasn't even close.

Kap in Carolina would be having close to just as much success, however.

Cam aint shit.

Both Winston and Mariota have impressed me, a lot. Both centerpieces for a long time for those respective teams.

It's sad because Kap is broken but he was superior to Cam last 2.5 years before this meltdown and it wasn't even close.

Cam aint shit.

You think Kaepernick is as good of a pocket quarterback as Cam?

Krap probably gets reborn in Chip's offense next season.

Rumor getting stronger and stronger that he's coming to Philly.

Ugh sounds like Massive weather issues for Cards/Hawks game on Sunday night, like big time...pay attention

Krap probably gets reborn in Chip's offense next season.

Rumor getting stronger and stronger that he's coming to Philly.

I thought that was total bullshit. was it him or some other qb rumored that everyone blasted some for bringing it up on a discussion board lol?

Cam aint shit.

you are a smart guy spek, plus I like you

Cam is a good qb dude....cmon

Cam's also a couple years younger than Kaep. You could probably count the teams that wouldn't trade their current starting QB for Cam on two fingers.

I assume they play the HOF game next year?

You don't think he's headed for a yellow jacket, you're kidding yourself. He'd have to regress one hell of a lot. He's going to break the QB rushing TD record before he's 27. By the time he's done, it's going to look like DiMaggio's hit streak. Untouchable. Most, not all, but most on that list are HOFers, and he's going to obliterate it. He has a winning record. If he never wins a Super Bowl, so what. You could fill a wing in the HOF with quarterbacks who never won the last game of the season.

If I'm the GM of any team besides the Colts or the Packers, and you offer me Cam Newton in exchange for my starting quarterback, I'm personally cleaning out my quarterback's locker and driving him to the airport.

Cam would look good in an orange helmet, towering over midget receivers, scanning the field and then running for dear life behind the highest paid line in the game.

KJ, if you're charged with building a NFL team, for this year and also the next 10-12 years, and you have your pick of any quarterback on earth, who are you taking ahead of Cam Newton and why?

Back