Week 1 to this point:

Mags

The Magsnificent One
<TABLE class=WagerTable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>WagerType:</TD><TD>Teams:</TD><TD>Date:</TD><TD>Status</TD><TD>Ticket#:</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [133] LSU -16-110</TD><TD>Aug-30 20:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>462922</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [152] WEST VIRGINIA -23-110</TD><TD>Sep-1 15:30</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>462923</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [156] MIAMI FLORIDA -20-110</TD><TD>Sep-1 12:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>462924</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [172] WISCONSIN -14-110</TD><TD>Sep-1 15:30</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>462925</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [214] TEXAS -37-110</TD><TD>Sep-1 19:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>462926</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [225] FLORIDA STATE -1½-110</TD><TD>Sep-3 20:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>462927</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=WagerTable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [154] VIRGINIA TECH -23½-110</TD><TD>Sep-1 12:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>462960</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=WagerTable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [204] CALIFORNIA -4½-110</TD><TD>Sep-1 20:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>466539</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=WagerTable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [223] TEXAS TECH -9½-110</TD><TD>Sep-3 16:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>481600</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This is updated as of 8-20-07

Last edited:
looks solid....lean opp on wisky, no opinin on WVU except as a first half paly as WMU has not seen speed like this before will take atleast 2q to adjust IMO.the rest i think you win no prob.

Yeah Troy, agree w/WMU, that should be pretty easy I think...the WVU defense is suppose to be much improved as well. I guess it's just me, but I am sold on Wiscy this year, they are my sleeper to win the Big 10 (look out for PSU though too).

I was looking over your card, looks solid too. Any thoughts on VT?

i like VT at 24 as i see a 41-9 final....maybe even a shutout i just do not like glennon at QB. i may go 1H on this if I can get -14

Adding....

<TABLE class=WagerTable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>WagerType:</TD><TD>Teams:</TD><TD>Date:</TD><TD>Status</TD><TD>Ticket#:</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [154] VIRGINIA TECH -23½-110</TD><TD>Sep-1 12:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>462960</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Also considering the following games, thoughts/inputs/etc is appreciated:

UCONN -5x
GT +3
UCLA -16x
BC -6x
TCU -21
Georgia -7

Thanks guys!

best of luck seems like you have some solid plays. I don't have a feel for UConn so nothing to say there. I liked GT to win SU. I think UCLA covers as well and like the number as long as it is under 16. Stanford can not run on UCLA and with a new QB will not pass on them, I doubt they reach 10 points. I like the BC game. TCU, I am interested to see how Jackson does at QB. Ballard didn't like the world on fire last yr but he was consistent and a leader. I think UGA is going to have their hands full in a close game but they should win the game

Green - thanks bro, I appreciate the inputs. The main reason I like TCU is because of their D to be honest with you. I certainly have concerns with Jackson but I just don't see them giving up more than a TD in this one. GA was the weakest lean of those I am considering, probably just because I'm a huge fan of SEC football (even though I live and die by The U).

Peace

Love the plays Mags. Im on UCONN, GT, BC, and FSU so far. Im real high on BC this year and I think theyll be a covering machine. Very explosive offense with Ryan and Whitworth. I think Uconn should be able to beat Duke by atleast 10 so i really like that one. Will throw in some more imput as the season gets closer. GL though

Caller - thanks, and can't agree more on BC. Someone just asked who I thought was going to be the good teams to watch in terms of covering the spread and w/o even thinking about it I said that I was going to ride BC and Kentucky HARD until they prove me wrong!

Thinking of adding Auburn to the card, anyone have thoughts either way on this one?

adding...

<TABLE class=WagerTable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>WagerType:</TD><TD>Teams:</TD><TD>Date:</TD><TD>Status</TD><TD>Ticket#:</TD></TR><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [204] CALIFORNIA -4½-110</TD><TD>Sep-1 20:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>466539</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That's the plan....build up the bankroll in the 1st couple of weeks!!!

We'll see if that trend continues for myself....

Thanks Timmy, good to hear from ya...you know I'll be tailing ya on a regular basis bro!

GL to you as well.

You can get a better line on GT, there's no way the line is going down in the ND home opener. I'm alot biased, but I think ND takes care of GT for sure. Their defense is, shockingly, underrated and if the offense is the weak point athletically, I think they will surprise a lot of people with Weis as coach. The D will be good, mark that shit down, Corwin Brown is a badass.

Thanks Yanks, good to hear from ya!

ATL - they (ND) sure have been getting some kick-ass recruits the last couple of years, no doubt, I'm just a hater and sometimes it gets the best of me in regards to ND.

You can get a better line on GT, there's no way the line is going down in the ND home opener. I'm alot biased, but I think ND takes care of GT for sure. Their defense is, shockingly, underrated and if the offense is the weak point athletically, I think they will surprise a lot of people with Weis as coach. The D will be good, mark that shit down, Corwin Brown is a badass.

I mean I really disagree here. The defense sucked last yr so all they can do is get better. With the scheme move to a 3-4, it helps you out because you are deeper at LB than anywhere else but how in the world is your front 7 going to stop GT running game? On offense you lost any star that mattered outside of Carlson and 3 very experienced men on the OL, how will a new OL and QB handle a very tough GT front 7? You scored 14 points on them last yr, I don't think you come close to topping it, maybe a nice 10 spot. GT has better RB, GT has better OL, GT has better DL and defense all together. I just can not see a revamped offense having much success at all in the opening game vs. a good defense. ND has to rely on the rush heavy and I am expecting it to look much like last yr with over 40att..Last yr ND racked up a 138yards on 40 carries. The difference is that there is no Brady to throw for 250yards.

Hey, thanks Bar.

adding...

<TABLE class=WagerTable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Straight Wager</TD><TD>CFB [223] TEXAS TECH -9½-110</TD><TD>Sep-3 16:00</TD><TD>Accepted</TD><TD>481600</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks Yes, always good to get your inputs. Anyone (Bar, yourself, etc) have any thoughts on the Missouri game? I'm leaning that way but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Thanks Hunt, GL to you as well...I'm really looking forward to this season (college in particular).

Back