Week 1 Schrute Bucks

jax state + 7 ( now down to +6.5) seems like a really bad number. I would be surprised if this isn't a war like last year. I would call it a pick 'em and give the moccasins the -3 because of home field.

Schrute
Where the hell do u find info on Bethany vs Houston Baptist lol

jax state + 7 ( now down to +6.5) seems like a really bad number. I would be surprised if this isn't a war like last year. I would call it a pick 'em and give the moccasins the -3 because of home field.

Yes they are on my leans list...hate I missed the +7

All FCS lines are from 5Dimes

Scrute do you cap any of the FCS vs FBS games?

Yes and usually there is a ton of value. There are 5 that I thought had some value but I need to look deeper and I'm at the beach this week so I just haven't been able to do it yet. You lock in any yet?

Yes and usually there is a ton of value. There are 5 that I thought had some value but I need to look deeper and I'm at the beach this week so I just haven't been able to do it yet. You lock in any yet?

here are the early plays I locked in:
so dakota st +7
geo so +32
nova ML
EWU +36
zona o 47.5
boise st u 62.5
jacksonville +13

Bowling Green o 5 wins
I was looking at illinois state, western illinois, sam houston

Nice get on SoDakSt +7...I have them as a lean still but missed that number

I agree with Villanova and will add at some point

Played Jacksonville myself

I actually lean Eastern Illinois against Western in that game so one of us may end up with a winner. I like Alcorn and UNH in a couple other cross over games

I also like alcorn and new hampshire. Haven't played western yet and will take a closer look.

I sense a bit of eagerness to get going.
"Its not wise to bet too early."
Bingo! From what I understand, teams haven't even reported yet.

Way too early. What idiot would want to lock in a bunch of one team 14 point teasers at -110?

Way too early. What idiot would want to lock in a bunch of one team 14 point teasers at -110?

Ha Ha.

Week 1 is funny; every other week you get roughly 7 days to get down on the action; week 1 you have upwards of 2 months. Week 1 won't (or shouldn't) make or break anyone's season but it does present unique opportunity.

Adding:

Michigan U8 Wins -130
Playing a number here as I have it 7.5 -110 so getting 8 at -130 is some nice value. I have Michigan rated higher and will likely be on them in Week 1 but I think 7-5 is more likely than 9-3.

Kansas St U7.5 Wins -125
Again just playing a number as I think 7-5 is more likely than 8-4 especially with that brutal 5 game stretch they have. They have 5 games where they will be pretty solid underdogs and two tossup games against WVU and at Texas Tech.

Georgia Southern +350 to win Sun Belt 0.50-1.75

TAMU +1400 to win SEC West 0.20-2.80

Added (and I know it makes little sense given the above):

Michigan +6 at Utah
I have this as a 2 point spread so I'm forced to play it. I don't think I'm going to see a 7 as the late bets are likely to come in on Harbaugh. This game will come down to whether or not Michigan can take advantage of an inexperienced Utah secondary. I think Rudock will be able to do just enough and I look for Butt to force some match-up problems. I also think Michigan will have success running the ball and their defense will be good enough to keep it close and force field goals. I believe this is a 23-20 type of game and could really go either way. Personally I don't feel the line should be above 4

TAMU a dartboard play?

what was ARK available at?

Arkansas was +550

Yeah TAMU was a dartboard play and basically a play determined by 1 thing, their scheduling advantage. I do think they could be decent this year but the SEC West could conceivably be won by a team with two losses and some complicated ass tiebreaker. TAMU only plays 3 true road SEC games this year as they draw Arkansas in Jerruh World. That's a nice little advantage as opposed to heading to Fayetteville. Out of the East they draw Vanderbilt & South Carolina. Not only that, they get SoCar at home and travel to Vandy. That should be 2-0 against the East. LSU is the only other team with anything close to as favorable of an East draw but it's still a nice little advantage for A&M.

TAMU has 2 legitimate SEC road games. The game at Ole Miss comes right after Bama so that sucks. They finish the year on the road at LSU after playing Western Carolina and at Vandy so they should be pretty fresh. LSU of course has an advantage at home but from a scheduling stand point, it's a nice time for TAMU to have that game. Out of the west they draw Bama, Auburn and Messy at home.

I don't really think the bet wins but I think it should be closer to +800 so I just played some perceived value

Added (and I know it makes little sense given the above):

Michigan +6 at Utah
I have this as a 2 point spread so I'm forced to play it. I don't think I'm going to see a 7 as the late bets are likely to come in on Harbaugh. This game will come down to whether or not Michigan can take advantage of an inexperienced Utah secondary. I think Rudock will be able to do just enough and I look for Butt to force some match-up problems. I also think Michigan will have success running the ball and their defense will be good enough to keep it close and force field goals. I believe this is a 23-20 type of game and could really go either way. Personally I don't feel the line should be above 4

That should definitely be interesting, and if they can, I'll be more than a little impressed esp without a running QB (for the most part). Utah arguably has the best front in the P12 and probably 4 all P12 performers in the front 7. Your point on the secondary is well taken and I think Steele has the Utah secondary overrated, esp heading into the season. For me, one of the more anticipated games to start the season and I'll personally be sitting it out myself.

Adding:

Michigan U8 Wins -130
Playing a number here as I have it 7.5 -110 so getting 8 at -130 is some nice value. I have Michigan rated higher and will likely be on them in Week 1 but I think 7-5 is more likely than 9-3.

Kansas St U7.5 Wins -125
Again just playing a number as I think 7-5 is more likely than 8-4 especially with that brutal 5 game stretch they have. They have 5 games where they will be pretty solid underdogs and two tossup games against WVU and at Texas Tech.

Georgia Southern +350 to win Sun Belt 0.50-1.75

TAMU +1400 to win SEC West 0.20-2.80

dwight, where you getting KST at 7.5? I see 7 everywhere

dwight, where you getting KST at 7.5? I see 7 everywhere

Local which is the only reason I played it. I have 7 at all but one shop. I hate going against Snyder but it's hard to not take a half a game with essentially the same juice

I don't think Michigan is going to run for 250 but I do like their OL and RBs and think they will be able to get in 2nd and manageable and convert some third and shorts. Maybe I'm a bit low on Utah

Michigan had 3.3 ypc last year. I think they can replicate that and I think they'll have a better performance from the QB than they did in last years game against Utah. Also tremendous upgrade in coaching.

Arkansas was +550

Yeah TAMU was a dartboard play and basically a play determined by 1 thing, their scheduling advantage. I do think they could be decent this year but the SEC West could conceivably be won by a team with two losses and some complicated ass tiebreaker. TAMU only plays 3 true road SEC games this year as they draw Arkansas in Jerruh World. That's a nice little advantage as opposed to heading to Fayetteville. Out of the East they draw Vanderbilt & South Carolina. Not only that, they get SoCar at home and travel to Vandy. That should be 2-0 against the East. LSU is the only other team with anything close to as favorable of an East draw but it's still a nice little advantage for A&M.

TAMU has 2 legitimate SEC road games. The game at Ole Miss comes right after Bama so that sucks. They finish the year on the road at LSU after playing Western Carolina and at Vandy so they should be pretty fresh. LSU of course has an advantage at home but from a scheduling stand point, it's a nice time for TAMU to have that game. Out of the west they draw Bama, Auburn and Messy at home.

I don't really think the bet wins but I think it should be closer to +800 so I just played some perceived value

aTm doesn't leave the state of Texas until October 24 in that Ole Miss game. Get a bye before Alabama. I think you're right in that Aggie has about as favorable schedule you can get in the SEC West

Added:

Louisville +11 vs Auburn 1.10-1.00

Thoughts for anyone who cares. I have the line as Auburn -7.5 which gives me a key number in 10 and a push on a key number with 11. On offense my main concern with Louisville is the OL as I like the skill players they have back. The loss of Parker will hurt but they add some nice JUCO WR so I think it will be a dropoff but somewhat mitigated. I hope the Ville offense goes with occasional pace. I obviously don't want them to do it all game because it would be an Auburn advantage but Petrino needs to do some things to take advantage of Auburn's significant lack of depth on the DL to neutralize a youthful Louisville OL. Auburn's offense will always be solid on offense but they lose their starting QB, top 2 RB and the carries of Nick Marshall and the receptions of Coates, Bray and Uzomah. I don't care if Jeremy Johnson is Michael Vick, those are tough things to replace. That doesn't mention they lose 118 starts on the offensive line and an All American. The Ville DL should be nasty again with the addition of Devonte Fields. They return solid depth at LB. Losses in the secondary are present but they add some very solid transfers. If they can mesh this fall the Louisville defense should provide some problems for the Auburn offense. I might take some on the ML here. I think this game ends up within 7 based off both my numbers and what I see as a favorable Louisville matchup.

Adding:

EIU +11.5 at WIU 1.20-1.00
Ball St -28 vs VMI 0.65-0.50
Northern Iowa +8 at Iowa St 0.60-0.50

Added:

Thoughts for anyone who cares. I have the line as Auburn -7.5 which gives me a key number in 10 and a push on a key number with 11. On offense my main concern with Louisville is the OL as I like the skill players they have back. The loss of Parker will hurt but they add some nice JUCO WR so I think it will be a dropoff but somewhat mitigated. I hope the Ville offense goes with occasional pace. I obviously don't want them to do it all game because it would be an Auburn advantage but Petrino needs to do some things to take advantage of Auburn's significant lack of depth on the DL to neutralize a youthful Louisville OL. Auburn's offense will always be solid on offense but they lose their starting QB, top 2 RB and the carries of Nick Marshall and the receptions of Coates, Bray and Uzomah. I don't care if Jeremy Johnson is Michael Vick, those are tough things to replace. That doesn't mention they lose 118 starts on the offensive line and an All American. The Ville DL should be nasty again with the addition of Devonte Fields. They return solid depth at LB. Losses in the secondary are present but they add some very solid transfers. If they can mesh this fall the Louisville defense should provide some problems for the Auburn offense. I might take some on the ML here. I think this game ends up within 7 based off both my numbers and what I see as a favorable Louisville matchup.

oofdah. i'm down on auburn this year as well, for all the reasons you mentioned. but the problem i've run into when trying to set a line for auburn is their running style. in a normal offense, the offensive lineman, and their experience really matter, take texas for example. in gus's offense, there's so much misdirection and reads that the experience of the OL, or the talent of the opposing D line doesn't seem to factor in as much.

auburn put up 174 rushing yards last year in the iron bowl, and bama ended the year #4 in the country in rushing yards allowed. that front seven was good.

arky ended the year #12 in rushing yards allowed. gus put up 302 last year.

now, the lost a shit load on the o line, so this ain't preaching and i ain't tellin you what to do, auburn just seems to always corn hole me when it comes to trying to figure out the trenches.

oofdah. i'm down on auburn this year as well, for all the reasons you mentioned. but the problem i've run into when trying to set a line for auburn is their running style. in a normal offense, the offensive lineman, and their experience really matter, take texas for example. in gus's offense, there's so much misdirection and reads that the experience of the OL, or the talent of the opposing D line doesn't seem to factor in as much.

auburn put up 174 rushing yards last year in the iron bowl, and bama ended the year #4 in the country in rushing yards allowed. that front seven was good.

arky ended the year #12 in rushing yards allowed. gus put up 302 last year.

now, the lost a shit load on the o line, so this ain't preaching and i ain't tellin you what to do, auburn just seems to always corn hole me when it comes to trying to figure out the trenches.

Appreciate the thoughts Butre

Those are actually great points about the offensive line and their ability to find rushing yards. But let's say they run for 220 and I don't think they will. But I think they are really going to struggle in the passing game early. I think Johnson will be fine with time but I'm not nearly as high as a lot of folks are on him right off the bat. Also not sure Duke Williams plays that game and that is going to kill that WR crew. I could have probably made a better argument for the under and maybe I did jump the gun with Louisville. I just really like Petrino in year 2 and will be on them ML in Week 3 at home against my Clemson Tigers.

Appreciate the thoughts Butre

Those are actually great points about the offensive line and their ability to find rushing yards. But let's say they run for 220 and I don't think they will. But I think they are really going to struggle in the passing game early. I think Johnson will be fine with time but I'm not nearly as high as a lot of folks are on him right off the bat. Also not sure Duke Williams plays that game and that is going to kill that WR crew. I could have probably made a better argument for the under and maybe I did jump the gun with Louisville. I just really like Petrino in year 2 and will be on them ML in Week 3 at home against my Clemson Tigers.

yeah, tough to argue against that. Lville's front seven should have some shit shaking for that passing game.

Added:

I jumped on +10' when Duke started missing practice. Should have waited. I think Auburn is a good team and potentially very good, but the hype they are getting confuses me based on how they finished and personnel losses. Think this line is at least 4 points off

Going to add a section for High School plays this year as they appear to be listed by 5Dimes

Archer -31 vs North Paulding 0.60-0.50

Archer returns a shit ton and is one of the better schools in the greater Atlanta area. They have 3 seniors who will be playing Power 5 football next year. They return 10 starters on defense from a team that narrowly lost the state championship game. The only thing is their senior starting QB hasn't started yet in his career. North Paulding went 4-7 last year and has zero defense. They have a decent QB but the defense he will see in Archer isn't like anything he saw last year except maybe against McEachern where they got their shit pushed in. I like the over here as well but don't wanna double dip in case Archer shuts them out. I think we see a 63-21 type of game

McEachern -13.5 vs Tucker 0.60-0.50

Won 62-36 last year and return a shit ton more. School with 10-11 FBS players vs a school with 2 FBS players. Also a home game for McEachern

NorthGwinnett/Colquitt O70.5 0.60-0.50
Brookwood/Mill Creek U59.5 0.60-0.50
Kell -3/Valdosta PK 0.55-0.50

Last edited:
Schrute,
any idea why the georgia high school fball season starts so early?
In PA, we just finished the 1st week of camp, which is two weeks long. I assume most states are the same as PA. Our season opener will be on friday Sept 5.

Schrute,
any idea why the georgia high school fball season starts so early?
In PA, we just finished the 1st week of camp, which is two weeks long. I assume most states are the same as PA. Our season opener will be on friday Sept 5.

Not sure... I know SouthCarolina started last night too. Maybe they're doing two byes this year or expanded the playoffs

Not sure... I know SouthCarolina started last night too. Maybe they're doing two byes this year or expanded the playoffs
got ya

what do u see for the rest of the little league games today?
did u see the bombs the lefty from PA hit last night?

got ya

what do u see for the rest of the little league games today?
did u see the bombs the lefty from PA hit last night?

Yeah and the 380 footer by the kid from SC

I parlayed Taipei/Rhode Island earlier today for +110 but it looks like they've both gone up a bit.

Taipei hit Japans ace pretty well so I'd assume they do more damage against Canada's #2 guy. Just added Taipei TT O7 since they will get the full 6 at-bats

Back