Week 1 Discussion Thread

On that note, any news on Ida's impact for the OU / Tulane game in New Orleans? Power seems to be an issue, for starters.

not really answering your q per se, but they are beginning to do damage assessment, staff and students are still under orders to stay sheltered. The school is closed until Wednesday

Thanks. Won't be surprising if they move this game.
Yea I know some scheduling is completed so far in advance but for some match ups, I can't believe they still don't move the Hurricane area games to a little later in the season much like the MLB tries to stay away from the colder climates during the first month

Let me revise my statement - I'll be shocked if they play this game in New Orleans Saturday.

City is a mess.
With the Oklahoma Sooners season opener just six days away, and as Hurricane Ida wreaks havoc on New Orleans’ citizens and infrastructure, the game has been relocated.

Per a report from Curtis Fitzpatrick of Fox 24 and WWLS The Sports Animal out of Oklahoma City, the Sooners will now be playing their season opener in Norman

Beat me to it...nice job reporting! Wonder if my OU line is gonna get voided as it hasn't been canceled yet...
Believe it will, but I'll root for it not to be as I know many of you had a great line on it. I never placed mine as I figured it was moot with all the rumors of weather.

Believe it will, but I'll root for it not to be as I know many of you had a great line on it. I never placed mine as I figured it was moot with all the rumors of weather.
I think I locked that one in like 3 weeks ago but won't sweat it if it gets canceled because that's the risk I take (amongst many others) when playing early lines...

Starting to see a couple -13.5 on Ohio St. Minnesota seems to be one of those teams that are good enough to stay a float, but can't beat top tier teams. Minnesota's defense was not great in COVID times. They return 10 starters from the not great unit. Minnesota couldn't stop the run and Stroud wouldn't be challenged then. As long as Ohio St. can slow that very potent gopher run game with the 5 OL returning, Minnesota just doesn't have the defense to slow them down enough.

I'll circle back here tonight
So, some quick cliffs...

Obviously Jorja is a bit banged up...

I am high on the Dawgs this year and even with a loss they will have basically a quarterfinal game in Atlanta in December... East is that bad..

As far as this game, I think they will have a tough time scoring. During mid-summer I said I liked this as a FG game either way. I now think this is morel likely a 7-12 point Clemson win than it being a narrow Georgia win.

I still see it being more of an old-school grinding game but the Clemson offense should fare better than the Georgia offense in this one.

No bets, at this number but will watch live and learn a lot hopefully about both.

Bigger game for Clem as well, in case they slip up in the ACC. IMO.

Looking forward to M.W. thoughts...

I know Crawdads will be in attendance rooting on his Dawgs.

So, some quick cliffs...

Obviously Jorja is a bit banged up...

I am high on the Dawgs this year and even with a loss they will have basically a quarterfinal game in Atlanta in December... East is that bad..

As far as this game, I think they will have a tough time scoring. During mid-summer I said I liked this as a FG game either way. I now think this is morel likely a 7-12 point Clemson win than it being a narrow Georgia win.

I still see it being more of an old-school grinding game but the Clemson offense should fare better than the Georgia offense in this one.

No bets, at this number but will watch live and learn a lot hopefully about both.

Bigger game for Clem as well, in case they slip up in the ACC. IMO.

Looking forward to M.W. thoughts...

I know Crawdads will be in attendance rooting on his Dawgs.
I like the under

Noland has played QB at NDSt and Iowa State. If we're talking about Eastern Illinois that's one thing. If we are thinking he has moved ahead of healthy Doty that is something else. I'd assume he's a place holder until Doty returns unless he surprises.

Local forecasts are saying Charlotte should be getting some residual rain from Ida Wednesday, but will be perfect football weather for the games Thursday through Saturday, 80s during the day, 60s at night..will post an update if anything changes

Noland has played QB at NDSt and Iowa State. If we're talking about Eastern Illinois that's one thing. If we are thinking he has moved ahead of healthy Doty that is something else. I'd assume he's a place holder until Doty returns unless he surprises.
I'd imagine that's their plan as well. Still see 4 wins as the max for this team.

I think it's pretty cool and I hope he has a nice game or two.
Yes, it's hard to see more than a few wins in their schedule. Even some of those noncon games aren't all gimmies.

I would think Tulane plays that game. Even in a 2021 setting I can’t see em not playing

Unless y’all talking cancelled bets. The line didn’t get to 28 moving to Norman or is it off.

I thought 27’ was the number made for Turchin. At least that is what I made it. I been wrong on TU before tho

I would think Tulane plays that game. Even in a 2021 setting I can’t see em not playing

Unless y’all talking cancelled bets. The line didn’t get to 28 moving to Norman or is it off.

I thought 27’ was the number made for Turchin. At least that is what I made it. I been wrong on TU before tho
I was curious how they would handle the line change.

Last I saw before the pending hurricane was OU-26.5. It's at 31.5 now. That isn't a full adjustment for the supposed home field advantages. Heard that OU is only going to have the lower bowl for fans due to short notice and lack of available workers to fully open the stadium. But I've often thought to myself when we flip hypothetical numbers from one stadium to the other, it isn't a clean homefield flip on the spreads. Pure math would make factoring OU's HF about 5 and Tulane's HF about 3-3.5 and should've adjusted it to 34.5-35. They didn't do that however.

I could be over thinking this but is there an angle here where OU takes their foot off the gas early? Idk just thinking OU won’t look to run it up on a team coming off a devastating hurricane and was willing to move the game to your home field without making a fuss about it

I could be over thinking this but is there an angle here where OU takes their foot off the gas early? Idk just thinking OU won’t look to run it up on a team coming off a devastating hurricane and was willing to move the game to your home field without making a fuss about it
I could see this happening, but they (OU) also need this game to be played IMO. They definitely are giving them more money now. If the kids weren't up for it, the school would have just postponed it from the Tulane side. My guess is that they are using this as a distraction for the kids/community but also there's going to be a ton of gate money going their way now.

If you want an actual angle, Willie will run wishbone into the ground. Enjoy the under in this puppy, there will not be a bunch of plays

this not something i do real often but seeing how i dont love anything ats tonight im trying to be creative.. anyone think there anything wrong with a 3 team ml parlay of osu, nc st, and app st? only -160,, i feel like that has a better chance of cashing than a whole bunch of mlb favs in that price range!! i dont think there any chance ohio st loses,, nc st should be fine, unless east carolina has gotten significantly better id think app st handles them..

this not something i do real often but seeing how i dont love anything ats tonight im trying to be creative.. anyone think there anything wrong with a 3 team ml parlay of osu, nc st, and app st? only -160,, i feel like that has a better chance of cashing than a whole bunch of mlb favs in that price range!! i dont think there any chance ohio st loses,, nc st should be fine, unless east carolina has gotten significantly better id think app st handles them..
Holy shit you’re alive! Good to see you bro

lol, yea all good.. just had a really busy summer and didnt have the time and/or was too exhausted to keep up with bases so ended up taking one the longer breaks i ever been on!! i been back to betting since preseason started, actually crushed preseason nfl this year! lol, was so easy when you could figure out which team were playing guys and which didnt care at all!!! just finally have lightened my schedule to where i have time to be back posting with ya'll!! i missed you guys!! im back now tho!!!

what you think about that ml parlay for tonight? feels pretty safe to me!! i dont see any chance in hell of the buckeyes losing, i actually think they cover im just not super thrilled with the idea of laying 2 tds on the road in a conf game as opener!! i like nc st a lot and south florida looks like ass, i dunno as much bout ecu this year but i trust app st to continue being solid..

ucf offense could be scary good this year but damn, laying 6.5 to boise? feel like you cant go wrong taking boise+6.5 in a game like this, they always show up!!

Back