Wednesday NBA(Strong Card)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
51-29-5 +21.06 units

Well, Tuesday night started great hitting both ML plays. It ended with a dud thought. LAC and Toronto collapsed in 2nd halves. TOR with just 37 points in half number two was quite dissapointing. Lost a unit and change overall. Not to bad. Felt it could have been great.

Now, I like this card for Wednesday. A lot. My play which I think could be quite big is still off the board. Yes, it involves Philadelphia and Seattle. Iverson calf concerns have this game benched for right now. Dissapointing. I will monitor ir throughout the day and we'll see what happens.

Two other plays...and I like these enought to have put 2 units on each. I will give a brief thought about both as I am a bit short on time right now. Played these at 7:00ish est last night.

Orlando -2.5 -105 2 units

Simple enough. The Magic are a good home team playing againsst what should be a weary Denver team. This is last leg of a great trip. I expect them to mail it in. I may add to this play even at 3.5. I love it.

Washington -3.5 +103 2 units

Better team here. Pissed off club as well. Knicks defend thre ball horrendously. Damon Jones lit them up Monday. The Spurs nine days ago eclipsed 50 percent from dep against NYK. Who gurads Gil? No one. Stevenson can lock up on NY guards as well. Should be a 10-15 point winner.

BACK THIS AFTERNOON WITH PERHAPS THE OTHER PLAY AND STILL THINKING OF ANOTHER UNIT ON ORLANDO.

hey whats up big al. I'm loving your orlando play. even though it is a very popular play I think it will still happen. But washington is also a very public play, and I think that the knicks front court may be too much for washington to handle.

Orlando will def be public but everthing is set for them no doubt. Eddy Curry may do a little damage for NYK but he also hurts them at times with fouls and FT shooting.

GL bro

it kind of looks like a trap game though. The shit team knicks are getting way too litle points here. I was leaning on washington but then got iffy after checking various factors (consensus, line movement)

GL to us. I missed your late plays yesterday. I did hit a two team ML parlay on GS and NO that helped even it out. I did that before your post on Toronto which had me thinking I'd made a bad choice. We'll get 'em today.

Glad it worked out for you Cracker!

X-if you know me, i pay more attention to traps from MID-DECEMBER THRU MID MARCH. tHATS WHEN THEY BECOME MORE PREVALENT. tHE DOG DAYS OF THE SEASON. I understand your thinking here but I just think its a soft line.

Hope you win them all BAR, the rockets looked good for me last night until the San An bench made them look like little girls in the fourth quater, what happened?

Yeah I wish the Knicks would win a game again already so we could consider fading them... I like ORL though.

Yea i was shocked to see toronto hanging that close honestly. I like this Golden State team, especially with nelly runnin the show. I would love to hear why you liked that game last night. Obviously i am doin something wrong when lookin at lines, but like i mentioned in the other thread, i expected that to be at least 9 last night. Anyway maybe you can tell me how u situational cap or what with the association. Good luck big guy

This year and not sure if anyone agrees seems to be the first time that bokks have shaded situational aspects. Seems liek teams have been doing fairly well in 4th in 5 nites or 5th in 7 nites or on lng trips. basically I think the books know that bettors are aware of the situations and making plays based on that. With that knowledge they seem tobe shading the lines 1.5 to 2 points...

Which I am basically saying with all the public backing has taken all the value out of Denver IMO now at 4.5 probably will see -5. As far as stats go last year Carmelo was at his best on the 16 games he played with no rest...FWIW...

Mr.abcs I tend to agree with you about GS. What was tough was the JRich situation but was thinking 8 or 8.5 in that game.

Last 4 games between Orlando and Denver (2 at each venue) the home team has won the first quarter on average by a little over 7.5 and they are charging 1.5 so that is also an option for people late to the party who do not like paying 4.5 or higher for the game. GL

Adding...

Philadelphia +4 +103 4 units

Alright, I have been eyeing this contest since Monday morning. Yes, the trends do not always support fading home teams off a long trip. In fact, if you check Betcrimes thread about this stickied at the top of the NBA forum you will see that the second game back at home is the fade spot. I myself look for the quality situations to arise here. You cannot play them all but if you play a small percentage you can hit a higher percentage.

This game is about more than that though. First of all, I will preface by saying I think philly is somwhere in between their start and their last few games as far as looking ahead to the rest of the season. I thought they could be horrid but some of the role players have been much more consistent. Yes, Ivey is probable with the calk injury. The kids a gamer and no doubt he goes out and puts up a helluva effort. Webbers defiecenc's are not as noticable against a soft Seattle frontcourt. I think Ridnour will be deemed ineffective this game. Too many defensive responsibilities.

Seattle ended their East Coast swing in brilliant fashion. A nice 4th quarter at Charlotte, an OT win in the ATL. and a smackdown of the Nets for 3+ quarters in a getaway game. The problems reamin thought for this team. Defense. Its horrid. They also get a bit reliant on jumpshots. Looking at their wins on the EC trip; After two tough losses in Floida they beat an average Bobcats team, a bad home favorite in Atlanta and a Nets team off an overtime without RJ. Lets keep that in mind.

I think Philadelphia wins this straight up. Yes, the ML is enticing but I will allow myself some insurance here with such a big amount of cash on it. Willie, Aashton, Ivey and Iggy should all prosper tonight with drives, drie and kicks plus open 3 balls. This Seattle defense allows as much. Seattle will be sluggish early and will no doubt be off their game. That should translate into jumpers being short and perhaps a lack of intesity defensively.

My last note here. BDK and myself really talked this one over heavy Monday evening. Any of you Covers guys know the track record of him and myself being on a play strong. It hits prolly 75 percent if the time. We had a quick collab Monday night for the 2nd half of Nets-Sonics and it paid off nice. I think we get win #2 tonight.:cheers:

Tuck, excellent find there bud. I was going to play Orl another unit but the line got away from me. I should have taken care of it this mornong. I may take a stab here.

Thanks for the post.

I love the sixers play

Theyre coming off a bad loss, Iverson off a bad game and whenever that happens they tend to come back with avengance

Plus they know they need this one because their chances of winning the next two (at PHX and LAC on a B2B) are not good at all

Theyve been chomping at the bit to get back out there and seattle is coming home fat and happy...

love the play...

one critique though... 'Ivey'? Really? Not sure if thats gonna stick....

Ivey...Igggy...lol

I called him Ivey awhile. The AI always looks like Al to me...lol.

Anyways, I forgot to mention the upcoming games for Philadelphia too. That is another great point. Good to see my philly guys agreeing on the play.

Goodluck tonight BAR. All the plays look good. Is there a reason you dont look for trap games this early in the season?

Austin said:
Goodluck tonight BAR. All the plays look good. Is there a reason you dont look for trap games this early in the season?

I will look on occasion. Its been my experience that the beginning of the season and most assuredly the end of season is when trap games are at their lowest. The middle of season more teams take nights off or coast.

Adding

Philly +166

total of 5 units on that game now..4 ats and one ML...thats my limit..hehe

good luck bar, wit u on philly. great call on tha magic, looks my wizards lettin u down look very flat up in nyc. they held gilbert in check all game long, no one on tha team could consistantly hit a shot. jus flat out bad play. but fuck that game, philly comes through tonight an its a great day for hoops.

those bastards tried to make us sweat at the end (i only had the ML) but thats par for the course with the sixers

nice hit

:wacka wacka:money;:beer:

7_15_5v.gif

yahooo

:smiley_acbe: another solid pick on the 6er's, bar. keep 'em coming. orlando made us sweat, but we'll take it! great job, today, my friend.:smiley_acbe:

linewatcher..thanks buddy

Killa..yes it is my man...we continue our magic..I know u busy with shit right now but I'll get atcha late afternoon morrow to see if anything good pops up for Friday

You know the best stat of the sixers game?

Webber only played 24 mins

Cheeks has drawn a line and told him hes not gonna play if hes not the best option out there, which is most definitely a good thing since he cant run or jump - two skills I always thought were somewhat important for a basketball player.

I like this team alot WITHOUT Webber.

Smoke...I noticed that in the box. I saw ZERO fouls and thought maybe it was an injury. Nice heads up info for us. Thanks

Back