Wednesday MLB Discussion Thread

Tribe seem cheap, I don’t know anything bout reds pitcher but his minor league numbers didn’t look all that impressive. Clevinger hasn’t been great yet, looking at his numbers it feels to me like he just needed more time to get stretched out, that or something wrong w him? Velo down a touch, he throwing lot less fastballs, and they have not been nearly as effective as last year. Think I’m willing to chalk it up to a slow start unless someone has seen reason to believe otherwise?

Tribe seem cheap, I don’t know anything bout reds pitcher but his minor league numbers didn’t look all that impressive. Clevinger hasn’t been great yet, looking at his numbers it feels to me like he just needed more time to get stretched out, that or something wrong w him? Velo down a touch, he throwing lot less fastballs, and they have not been nearly as effective as last year. Think I’m willing to chalk it up to a slow start unless someone has seen reason to believe otherwise?

Apparently he injured his knee and he says that he incidentally altered his mechanics while trying to protect his knee. I guess I believe him because factually it's true that both his horizontal and vertical release points have changed from last year to this.

I really like the Rays tonight, Martin Perez gets the ball, and he is 0-4 with a 6.75 ERA and 38 strikeouts in his career against the Rays
Yarbrough is 3-1 with a 4.84 ERA and 32 strikeouts in his career against the Red Sox
Rays are 20-6 in their last 26 games as a home favorite, 35-16 in their last 51 home games and 15-7 in their last 22 during game 2 of a series

I really like the Rays tonight, Martin Perez gets the ball, and he is 0-4 with a 6.75 ERA and 38 strikeouts in his career against the Rays
Yarbrough is 3-1 with a 4.84 ERA and 32 strikeouts in his career against the Red Sox
Rays are 20-6 in their last 26 games as a home favorite, 35-16 in their last 51 home games and 15-7 in their last 22 during game 2 of a series
I like this play as well.

Apparently he injured his knee and he says that he incidentally altered his mechanics while trying to protect his knee. I guess I believe him because factually it's true that both his horizontal and vertical release points have changed from last year to this.

Hmm, was he saying that like he now has it figured out or it gonna remain a problem? It moot now anyways, the problem with not betting overnights this year is I miss out on -115 lines that now -150s. Did I look at that wrong last night (I was tired) or it really freaking move that much? Guess not a shock, I thought it shoulda been closer to current than that -115, just no value on tribe now. At this point I’d look at it from reds side and going against a guy who has yet to find his mechanics as of yet!!

Did jays change starters? I thought I saw Pearson listed last night, I must be going crazy. I thought they had little better plus next to them as well but guess makes sense it drop little with proven guy in Ryu. Still think I like jays, Newcomb hasn’t looked very good imo, I think jays will hit him.

I don’t like Gibson but I think I gotta keep fading Manaea until he beats me with his diminished stuff. Crazy good number to fade him again today,

Leaning under 8.5 Boston/TB. Both offenses in a funk. Yarborough (TB) seems legit. Scared of the entire Boston pitching staff though. If Perez (Bos) can lay off the walks I think the under hits easily.

Will keep parlaying the Twins on 2-teamers. Looking at coupling with Rays or Astros.

Thoughts?

I’d prefer Rays to Astros. With Lance’s splits, he basically throws like a lefty and DBacks hit lefties well. Robbie Ray’s stuff has looked incredible but hasn’t put it together yet. And Stros just lost Osuna for the year making a bad pen even worse.

Did jays change starters? I thought I saw Pearson listed last night, I must be going crazy. I thought they had little better plus next to them as well but guess makes sense it drop little with proven guy in Ryu. Still think I like jays, Newcomb hasn’t looked very good imo, I think jays will hit him.

I saw Ryu listed but it’s possible they switched. They lost a couple ppd games so rotation is out of wack

I’d prefer Rays to Astros. With Lance’s splits, he basically throws like a lefty and DBacks hit lefties well. Robbie Ray’s stuff has looked incredible but hasn’t put it together yet. And Stros just lost Osuna for the year making a bad pen even worse.

I didn’t see Ray’s second start but his 1st as you said his stuff looked fantastic. He was mowing pads down thru 3+ innings then a squiber followed by another bloop hit and he freakin unraveled. He been facing tough lineups so facing Stros won’t be some big shock. Snakes bats just have not been performing thus far but I do think they gonna come around at some point.

I havnt checked ump as I’m just starting to cap them but def lean to the Ff u5 at +105. Im with you in not trusting Stros, just top of my head I like rays, rox, and cubs better far as favs to add to a parlay, not that I’ll be playing any those cause I don’t like juice and not all that great picking out favs anyways, lol.

Not something I would normally put any stock into or probably even notice but found this somewhat strange/interesting. Home plate ump in atl tonight Marty foster has what I’d say a under lean with pitcher friendly strike zone, every year he has more unders than overs but when the total 9 the game has went over the last 8 times the last 2 years and 13-2 to over going back to ‘17. Not that it means anything but very odd considering how often his games go under if you remove that number!! Of course it 9.5 tonight but I could see it being 9 shortly.

I’m shocked how much advanced metrics still seem to like Manaea, he still doesn’t look right to me even if his velo starting to be similar to previous years. I’m not ready to stop fading him and getting rangers +140 in the FF seems like a solid play to me. I rather avoid getting into a pen mismatch but think rangers should have the lead after 5.

It makes me sad yanks can sit that many guys and their lineup still looks way better than my teams! Lol

McCullers no longer starting for Houston. Explains the 20 cent drop in price for them. Now starting Bielak whoever the fuck that guy is.

McCullers no longer starting for Houston. Explains the 20 cent drop in price for them. Now starting Bielak whoever the fuck that guy is.

Where'd you see that, Cog? Not saying you're wrong but read via Houston Chronicle that Bielak was starting Thursday in place of Josh James who was moved to the pen and Greinke pushed to Friday.

Where'd you see that, Cog? Not saying you're wrong but read via Houston Chronicle that Bielak was starting Thursday in place of Josh James who was moved to the pen and Greinke pushed to Friday.
Didn't read it anywhere but saw my book had Bielak starting. Also saw the price drop that made me wonder. Not official I guess but I'll keep looking for confirmation.

Houston.JPG

Hmmm. Now they took it off the board so not sure what's going on. Online I'm seeing Bielak might get tomorrow's start?

Betts missing again tonight, and not looking ideal for Friday either according to Roberts. Still hasn't been cleared to swing a bat...

Back