Wednesday Handyland

handy

Pretty much a regular
Hi there,

Welcome to Wednesday Hoops and more with Handy. Well lets just say the Houston Rockets let a lot of us down last night. Wow, that really looked like a live bet for a half. They come out of the locker room and T-Mac hits a couple of shots and before you know it the Rockets are in control up 13. Well so we thought until Dallas decided enough is enough. Is there any doubt the Mavs are the best team in the NBA? Look, they find a way to win almost every game whether it's in blowout or buzzer beater fashion they almost always get the job done. They're a very hard team to bet against regardless of how much you like the other side.

Anyways, before I get into some hoops talk I want to mention that if anyone wants to talk some Australian Open tennis please feel free. I'm into this right now. I'm not betting on the matches just yet but I will be later in the week or early next week. Right now I'm sitting on Clijsters (6:1)and Jankovic (12:1) to win the Womens. We shall see but I think Clijsters has a real shot now that Sharapova might just might be injured.

All right enough of that and now lets talk about hoops. We have a big card tonight but not a lot of games I like. The one which I have my eye on is the Jazz at Pistons. Detroit is rumored to be playing without Billups and Antonio McDyess. Oh yeah, they might have useless Chris Webber for tonights game. The one team which Jerry Sloan appears to have a winning formula for is the Detroit Pistons. Over the past few years Sloan has had all the answers for how to beat Detroit in Detroit and in Salt Lake. As many of you know I'm not a big believer in yesterday's news but I do believe in things like a coach who simply knows how to construct a game plan to defeat a certain team. I believe the Jazz break out of the slump tonight and get a big win at Detroit. I'm not sure they're going to be catching more than a couple of points but I think they're worth it regardless.

NJ at Charlotte - Simply a game I have no interest in. I believe laying points on the road is a prescription for a disaster and I can assure you I have no interest in the Bobcats.

Ny at Washington - Well how can you go against the Wizards these days? I won't unless they're playing some stiff competition which they're not tonight. However, I'm also not interested in guessing their likely margin of victory but I do believe they win this game.

Sacramento at Toronto - Well the Kings suck and there is little to debate about that but let me just say this. I believe the Raptors are a team which you shouldn't feel so confident laying points with even if they're playing at home. The Kings still do have some talent on this team and are more than capable of winning this game. They're finally catching more than a point on the road and that might just be enough for them to lose and cover the game. I know they haven't been winning of late but they've been in almost every game with a chance to win at the end. That's why I feel laying points with Toronto tonight might get you in debt with the man. I won't bet Sacramento but I would say buyer beware laying two possessions with the Raptors and their no D game.

Chicago at Milwaukee- Well there is no way I'm betting the Bucks in this game. However, the Bulls haven't played so well of late with the exception of beating the Spurs the other day. I'm not interested in this game on the road. It has sucker bet written all over it.

Atlanta at Minnesota - I have no opinon other than I think the T-wolves win.

Philly at Memphis - I think the Memphis Grizzlies get this game as they're the more talented team playing at home. Would I lay the points? No way in hell. I'm not laying points with bad teams. Just not a good idea in my book.

Phoenix at Houston - Talk about a team which always seems to face the Suns in the second of a back to back and you're talking about the Rockets. There is no way I would take Houston tonight getting points at home after that tough game last night in Dallas. The Suns are rested, on a 10 game winning streak and should be able to run Houston out of the gym if they so choose. The Rockets are a team with Yao and T-Mac which can beat the Suns when they're rested but without rest it's a tall task. I don't think this is a sucker bet on Phoenix. I'm not sure the line is enough but I'm simply not willing to lay points on the road.

Lakers at Spurs - I'm sure we can expect a large effort from the Lakers but I just don't see them winning this game or Thursday night in Dallas. Both the Spurs and Mavs owe this team a beating and it just may happen. The Lakers are playing short handed and they should be no match for either of these teams on the road. I'm not laying the chalk but I would be terrified taking the points.

Cleveland at Portland - Now we have a real sucker bet to talk about. The Cavs aren't a team you want to lay points on the road with especially on the second of a back to back. Cleveland has proven to be a very reliable road dog when playing with rest but without rest and favored has been a losing proposition for Cavs backers this season. There is no doubt in my mind everyone and their uncle are going to buy the Cavs tonight especially since they lost to Seattle. Buyer beware as this one has I am a sucker written all over it.

Golden State at Clippers - I llike the Clippers to win this game at home. By how many? I have no clue. I know I wouldnt' take the Warriors on the road since they're inept away from Oakland.

Good luck and as always life is dandy when you're capping like Handy!!

You read my mind, Portland should cash in. I believe Milwaukee + the points has some value. Boykins and Bogut really gelled in Charlotte. Plus the Bulls are without top-rebound man Wallace.

Those are two games I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Yeah, it's easy to fade the Cavs but you're still betting on Portland.

I believe the bet of the night will be the Jazz and you can bet that no one will want them either. The line is going to be so short on the Pistons and everyone is going to bite. This has Jazz victory written all over it.

I think Phoenix is trading at 4.5 in most places right now. I can't give you a reason why they don't win this game. T-Mac was so tired last night I can't imagine he's going to be able to go for another 42, 43 minutes and keep the Rockets in the game. He's awesome but you can't be a one man show and beat the Suns. Very hard to do.

Thanks, I like and appreciate your insight. I live in PHX and am a season ticket holder, so am extraordinarily biased, but I also pick my spots... or try to at least!

It sure looked like his back was bothering him when he came out of the game in the 4th. You might be onto something.

Big fat Serena Williamis is 81 in the world in womens Tennis. That's amazing for the former #1 player in the world.

Some great thoughts there Handy. I've been digging into the CBB card, but should hit NBA sometime before I go to bed tonight.

I'm pretty sure Toronto_Mike and possibly Scourge have tennis plays posted in that forum.

Fondy,

Yeah, I enjoy posting as long as I don't have to deal with the bull shit. Unfortunately it's easy to get derailed by some asshole poster once in a while. It happens to everyone but it appears that this forum won't tolerate it and that's a credit to you folks. I'm not a troublemaker but I don't like troublemakers. I do like to have fun from time to time but I clearly understand the rules and limits on that at this site.

Well all I will tell you is take a hard look at the Jazz tonight. They should be live in that game. At least that's what I think.

Good luck and as always life is dandy being a capper named Handy!

Fondy,

I would have to believe that Florida State is a great bet at home to beat Virginia Tech. Everyone is gong to be on VT coming off a big home win vs. UNC and a road win at Duke. Lets not forget that Duke simply isn't an elite team. I'm sure you know that it's very hard to win in the gym at Florida State. I'm likely to put some money on the short home chalk. I'm not a big fan of laying the wood but this might be a very good bet.

handy said:
Fondy,

I would have to believe that Florida State is a great bet at home to beat Virginia Tech. Everyone is gong to be on VT coming off a big home win vs. UNC and a road win at Duke. Lets not forget that Duke simply isn't an elite team. I'm sure you know that it's very hard to win in the gym at Florida State. I'm likely to put some money on the short home chalk. I'm not a big fan of laying the wood but this might be a very good bet.

Looking into the ACC, I hate to say it, but I'm falling in love with UNC tomorrow. Everyone is saying that Clemson will be in a bounce back game, but then so is UNC. Doubt I'll lay the road chalk against a one loss team (especially with all the early money on UNC), but we'll see how things go tomorrow when I wake up.

With regards to the FSU game, it seems as if the home teams have owned the series (but then that's college basketball for you), but my favorite number in this matchup is Va Tech 64% from the line while FSU is 76% from the line. Figure in home court calls, and that should be enough to give them a small win.

Yeah and from my experience it's very dangerous betting on road teams in college hoops. In many cases the home court is worth 8 points.

All right I'm done for the night. Time to go watch Amelie Mauresmo beat up on some nobody in Womens Tennis.

Talk to you later.

Fondybadger said:
Looking into the ACC, I hate to say it, but I'm falling in love with UNC tomorrow. Everyone is saying that Clemson will be in a bounce back game, but then so is UNC. Doubt I'll lay the road chalk against a one loss team (especially with all the early money on UNC), but we'll see how things go tomorrow when I wake up.

With regards to the FSU game, it seems as if the home teams have owned the series (but then that's college basketball for you), but my favorite number in this matchup is Va Tech 64% from the line while FSU is 76% from the line. Figure in home court calls, and that should be enough to give them a small win.

don't think that Clemson can "bounce back" against UNC. Roy is going to have them playing sharp and focused after that national TV beatdown. The only wrench in that one would be the road factor. I don't mind laying points for UNC on the road but its a pain to lay 4 or more. (Seeing 3.5 now) I like the over 154 a little more right now.

Handyland-

Interesting tennis match tonight on men's side.....Davydenko vs Muller. Let me know the prices, and I'll tell you if it's good.

Clay,

Glad you found us over here. You think going against Davydenko who maybe injured must be a good idea. I know you're not telling me to lay -700. It's probably worth a shot simply from the injury angle.

Sharapova could be in trouble with an injury too. What a break that would be if I get her knocked out of that side of the bracket. Why is Clijsters become the big favorite there all of a sudden? Mauresmo is the best player in this tournament and I'm simply going to start betting on her to win in the later matches. I'm just hoping Jankovic can get past the next couple rounds. It's not going to be easy if she has to face Petrova. I think she will run fat Serena Williams off the court if she faces her. I can't believe Serena is 81 in the world. Just amazing how fast they fall. She's a shell of her former self out there. She needs to lose weight and work on that fat ass.

GLTU

Clay,

Glad you found us over here. You think going against Davydenko who maybe injured must be a good idea. I know you're not telling me to lay -700. It's probably worth a shot simply from the injury angle.

Sharapova could be in trouble with an injury too. What a break that would be if I get her knocked out of that side of the bracket. Why is Clijsters become the big favorite there all of a sudden? Mauresmo is the best player in this tournament and I'm simply going to start betting on her to win in the later matches. I'm just hoping Jankovic can get past the next couple rounds. It's not going to be easy if she has to face Petrova. I think she will run fat Serena Williams off the court if she faces her. I can't believe Serena is 81 in the world. Just amazing how fast they fall. She's a shell of her former self out there. She needs to lose weight and work on that fat ass.

GLTU

Clay,

GLTU

Quick question handy... all the analysis, opinion, i'm confused what you are playing. Maybe you can give us an idea what your card will look like tomorrow. Thanks and BOL

handy said:
Clay,

ClayCourt is definately talking about the dog. "Interesting tennis match tonight.....Muller vs Davydenko. Let me know the line, and I'll let you know if it has any worth as far as taking the dog.'

May have to stay up now and put a little cash late night tonight.

The only game I've bet so far tonight is the Utah Jazz +3 (-105). I couldn't get my hands on the 3.5 before it went down.

Good luck everyone and as always life is dandy being a capper named Handy!!

Smoke,

I don't know if you're quoting what I wrote the other day or not but that's my initial thoughts on Jankovic. I believe she's capable of getting to the semi's and perhaps the finals but isn't experienced enough just yet to seal the deal. I only bought her at 12:1 hoping she advances to the later rounds so I can hedge. I don't believe she wins this tournament. I also don't believe Clijsters wins it either. I think Mauresmo is the best player and she's fantastic on that surface so she's the favorite in my mind. We shall see but I think the odds now on Clijsters at +250 are an absolute joke. She wouldn't be favored vs. Sharapova or Mauresmo.

Muller has a shot tonight. Not at all saying that it's a sure thing guarantee lock, at all. I read the odds on him are 5 to 1. If he plays Davydenko 10 times in this situation like today in Melbourne, I say he wins 3 out of 10 times, so 5 to 1 represents at least a little value, to me.

Davydenko is a damn good player, and I'm not buying the bullcrap that he's injured. If the little bastard were truly hurt, he wouldn't be out there right now.

Muller can play on hard surfaces well.

Davydenko started some bad karma (maybe) for himself when he dissed the Sydney tourney last week. If I'm "Nikolay Davydenko," I'm probably not going around pissing off the ATP in nonchalant fashion.

I'd look for Masha to roll tonight.....she got a late match time. If any of you guys can lay games in WTA, let me know the gameline and I'll tell you if it has value or not.

If peeps want to bet that Masha is hurt, fade that angle.

That girl is tough and hungry. She's freakin 19 years old....a little heat the other day won't stop her one bit.

Coppsguy,

Looks like you were right about TMac, looks like he is out tonight. I put in a nice bet on Phoenix last night at -4 with the hope that you were right. Now I will probably hedge half of it at -8 and try to hit the middle. Good call.

Well the winning continues. 2-1.

Now it's time to party in Handyland.

Life is dandy when you're partying with Handy!!

Mr. Saratoga,

I don't know why you wasted your time gambling on the Sac Kings? This team sucks and the other day I took a bath with them as the "Wounded Bear" I'm all set with this team. However, I do believe they have a real shot to win Friday in Boston but there is no way I want any part of that game.

Well 1-1 probably isn't a winning night for you but don't be afraid to join the party.

Life is dandy when you're partying with Handy!!

Handy,

Great hit with the Jazz, already paid off following you over here. Although I must admit I did hedge about 1/4 of my bet when I realized Billups was going to play. Just missed hitting my middle on the Phoenix/Houston game still made a nice profit for the day. Keep it up. I also noticed somehow Claycourt mysteriously found out about the new site, nice job.

This neteller news I just read about is much more disturbing than the Kings. Pointspread is reporting Feds are in Costa Rica knocking on doors as the US forgave a big debt they had to us to let them over there and talk to books.

Spurs get a technical for starting the fourth with only 4 players on the court. Bowen is sitting on the bench with his head up his ass, I have never seen that one before.

sorry about muller, guys, just saw score....he got his ass kicked.

maybe the gambling gods will be kind today.....and then again, maybe not?

Back