Wednesday Discussion Thread

Keep killing the discussions guys!

This has been a phenomenal summer of content in this subforum from so many of you.

I can't applaud the efforts enough.

Go Tigers! I have 2 more wins to go to cash this RSW that I thought was dead as of the end of July. The trade deadline and subsequent poor play made this play seem like toast. What a run since and fun around here to have a meaningful last few weeks for once! All I asked was we win every series starting with the home won facing the Orioles. Sure as shit, they have won the first two series. Sneak in a sweep of the Sox to finish things off and they have a chance!

Keep killing the discussions guys!

This has been a phenomenal summer of content in this subforum from so many of you.

I can't applaud the efforts enough.

Go Tigers! I have 2 more wins to go to cash this RSW that I thought was dead as of the end of July. The trade deadline and subsequent poor play made this play seem like toast. What a run since and fun around here to have a meaningful last few weeks for once! All I asked was we win every series starting with the home won facing the Orioles. Sure as shit, they have won the first two series. Sneak in a sweep of the Sox to finish things off and they have a chance!

I’ve been a fan ever since you posted that stat around asb about how good their record was when they just scored 3 runs! I knew the offense couldn’t possibly remain as bad they were the 1st couple months! The job this manager has done with these openers has been nothing short of remarkable! Anytime I see they doing a opener I know the opposing team gonna have a awful time scoring cause they have the arms to really matchup with any lineup the 1st time around, as bad the hitting has gotten in the league it even tougher when you gotta face a different pitcher every at bat! That exactly how Japan shut down team USA in the last baseball classic, every at bat team USA all star lineup was facing a new pitcher, if you have the arms to do it it’s a very tough thing for a offense to deal with. I almost gave up on them during the slide around trade deadline but think Beaz getting hurt pumped life back into them! Lol. That guy was such a black hole of awful at bats in the lineup any replacement was an upgrade and I think just better for team moral. I can’t imagine being one the young cats on that team and seeing that prick shining with that huge contract yet can’t hit a beach ball and didn’t seem to care that he couldn’t! I so hope they make it in, they would be a way more scary team to face than that squad of clowns and their terrible coach in minny, twins out tigers in would be great for the playoffs imo! (I have no clue what the standings look like I never look at that stuff. lol). I mean im looking forward to fading twins but I’d be just as happy betting tigers getting plus money against a team like o”s we know they could beat! (Again no idea who they would even play? Lol). I’m rooting for them big time tho! I like when tigers are interesting!

Couldn’t agree more bout the forum/this thread. Last year or 2 I felt like I was talking to myself sometimes! Not uncommon for me as you know I never shut up! Lol. All the guys stepping up and contributing this year has made it so much easier for me to want to come and post thoughts every day as I love all the involvement from everyone! Even the times I had to take a few days off cause the stuff w Theresa it made me so motivated to get back seeing the others who stepped up and were keeping the thread worth reading!

I have awoo und 1.5 walks, woo over 5.5 k, miami over 8.5 parlay alive. wish I had more on it. lad bats are alive and their pitching is really bad.

Miller in particular. I dunno it fair to call them bad (although this kid looks more like a gas van every time I see him), they just had so many injuries they have a bunch of kids who didn’t even expect to see the big leagues this year. I dunno if miller will ever figure it out he been that bad! I will say tho, the stone kid I think they have something in him, everyone seems to low on him imo prob cause he started so poorly but we gotta remember he another kid who prob didn’t expect to see the bigs this year. I really like his stuff and think he been improving in front our eyes if ya been paying attention I’ve started looking for ways to play on him more and more. Think they got a long term good starter in him out of this mess.

Crazy thing is you can go back and look and last 10 years I’m always banging the drum the “mighty can’t be beat dodgers” are gonna get bounced quick in the playoffs, all the money they thrown at it, all the players they brought in and the only “ring” the got was the bogus covid ring I don’t even count! I only give them half credit for winning that year cause we now know why Darvish got killed in WS vs Stros, so in fairness to them I do think they probably woulda won the year Stros cheated way to the championship, but for most part I love watching Dodgers choke and getting paid while it happens in post season! The crazy thing, I’m actually more scared of this dodger team being able to get to WS, Yamamoto is gonna be full strength by playoffs and he looks really good to me, it was incredible how Braves had a guy on 3rd less than 2 outs pretty much every inning vs him last start and he didn’t let them get guy home one time!! That was impressive! That one, number 2 they have some filthy filthy arms in the pen, I often think manager does a poor job handling the pitching decisions but there lot of nastiness in that pen and you know the playoffs have become very much about pens. The one hope I have they choke again is bringing in Flaherty, I’ve seen more than enough that prick in stl, I could for sure see him stick w dodgers tradition and shit the bed in playoffs! That and I love pads have going on, I hope if pads and pad end up seeing each other in playoffs it a 7 game series cause that be a hell a series!

None of that has anything to do with today. I got no clue who this cat dodgers starting today is? And while they have a bunch nasty arms in that pen that pen is gotta be taxed, they got overworked the entire Braves series. That really need someone to step up and give them some innings even if it means taking it on the chin for the team, maybe this the guy? I’m sure ilm not gonna try to talk ya out any their overs right now!

So I can’t play the day games or might not even get to play the early night starts. My car in shop getting stuff fixed today so I can’t make it across the river. I was thinking I would just focus on the west coast night games but there is only 1!! Lmao. Fuck. I think this gonna be an off day for me fellas. If anyone has a question bout a game I don’t mind helping if I can, im stuck at the house all day so I have time! Think other than catching up on some housework I’m gonna work on the ncaa card, be nice to actually get a jump on it before Friday night! One day off won’t kill me but I’ll be around so like I said if I can be a help to anyone feel free to ask

Call the damn car place and tell him their are a bunch of degenerates depend on your ass. Pick up that damn phone and make the call.

lol. Bro I thought i was gonna have to do myself and I have enough going on and hate working on cars That said I wasn’t gonna pay like way way more to have someplace do it and I called all over Mfers saying 500-600, I’m like you on crack I’ll do myself. But my mom’s has this little place, they good peeps, trustworthy and usually fair bout prices but they are a pain to get a spot and they can take forever. But they told me if I let them have it today they do for like 300 I was like fuck yes! I don’t mind paying an extra 150 or so for labor for someone else to do, I just ain’t bout getting raped! Taking one day off based well worth it! I think I’ve done a pretty good job teaching mfers to fish, go catch something for dinner!! And like I said I’m here if ya’ll have something ya really want me to look at I’ll do it!! It’s actually gonna be nice to get some ncaa fb work done, so far this season I been doing all my ncaa Friday night! That sucks, when I’m at my best I take a few days of the week to get my college card right, way I see it this will just make my ncaa better this week. Plus I went so apeshit w plays yesterday my brain could use the break from math and numbers! I’m confident you got this, fill in and make these guys some money!

kochanowicz over 17.5 -30
Schuster over 1.5 k -05

cubs und 2.5 -25

Gomber over 1.5 walks +120
rodriguez over 2.5 walks +155

lad over 5 +05
lad over 8.5 -115

Friend of mine just called me he playing some shit that legal here in Missouri. Fantasydog or some crap I dunno, he was all mad when I told him I hadn’t really looked at card today. He asked me to give him players in Pitt/stl game. Apparently you gotta take a player from each team in parlay or some shit, somehow that legal but I still gotta drive across river to Illinois to actually make real bets! Anyways I’m like bro go after the dodgers game, there for sure be all kinds of hits and runs there. Think he played Edwards h,r,rbi for fish and then Ohtani total bases. Mfers get mad when I don’t have answers for them. Lol, feel like I should be taking some kind of cut even tho I despise touts!

Gl buddy

Gomber walks one in 1st that can only pitch 2 inns

Oh damn, that a shitty way to lose. I hate shit like that more than anything, kinda like when Rocco always yanking my pitcher!, I can take a loss but at least give me the fucjing chance to win or lose it, don’t rip it out my hands! Usually you can count on Gomber to go 5ish innings even if he giving up some runs, that blows.

Man grichuck is raking, what a shocker another former cardinal having way more success when he gets out of here. I’m with all these guys, once Theresa kicks the bucket im leaving this fucking city/state also! Maybe my “careers” will take off too! Lol

Lots of satisfied fatties smoking....fatties right now in Mile High!

Just sayin'

Damn, they got that Early 6 vs a lhp and now have another scoreless streak going, I guess at the moment with as you said Joc not hitting anything and way grichuck hitting, Suarez always been a dude I thought of as way more dangerous against lhp, Walker can rake regardless but u imagine his ops higher vs lhp, this next series over weekend (no idea who it with), might keep in mind to look for more offense if they see a lhp.

Damn, they got that Early 6 vs a lhp and now have another scoreless streak going, I guess at the moment with as you said Joc not hitting anything and way grichuck hitting, Suarez always been a dude I thought of as way more dangerous against lhp, Walker can rake regardless but u imagine his ops higher vs lhp, this next series over weekend (no idea who it with), might keep in mind to look for more offense if they see a lhp.
In Milwaukee this weekend. Possible Gurriel will be back at some point in the series last I saw.

As much as I'd like a tigers win. This is a game they get rolled. Kc is the better team and Tarik numbers against the royals are sub par regardless of the season he is having. Wager with your wallet not your heart. KC money like and run line

As much as I'd like a tigers win. This is a game they get rolled. Kc is the better team and Tarik numbers against the royals are sub par regardless of the season he is having. Wager with your wallet not your heart. KC money like and run line

Feels like they inviting skubal money with that price. They even offering skubal to go ov 17.5 outs for a hefty price tag ppl will pay, most the time if they expect him to be on top his game they don’t be offering 17.5 outs at any price it straight up 18.5. I didn’t really cap any games today but I think you in to something plus all the new hand me downs kc has added to their offense are better hitting lhp, not saying they will mash skubal but they certainly capable of taking tough at bats and making him work while possibly getting a few off him. Way the lines look id say books hope you are correct! That is def the direction I would look if playing today.

Another thing working for kc, marsh actually has some little reverse splits, slightly better numbers vs lefties and tigers have a lineup stacked with lefties! Damn man, I got my car back also. You gonna make me go make a bet!

Turns out I lied I did have chance to make few plays;

Kc 1st 3 inn -.5 +200 (half bet)

Kc -1 gm +195 (full bet)

Nyy/sea Ff over 4.5 +110 (half bet)

I did not cap that nyy/sea game at all and this prob the 1st time I’ve ever bet a Ff over in Seattle, I dunno, I’m not the biggest cortes fan I think Seattle might be able to get to him a bit, and then just the way yanks hit in Seattle last night sure seemed like they didn’t mind that park the way Seattle does! Lol. Woo seemed off his normal game maybe intimidated by Soto and judge? Who’s to say miller who also tends to rely on his heater doesn’t get hit a bit also? Just a total hunch I swear I didn’t cap it a lick, dunno if Cortes dominates this lineup, dunno how miller has even looked recently. Just saw it and thought I think they might actually get to this number and it plus money why not?

Gavin Stone likely on the shelf the rest of the season, hurt his throwing shoulder. LAD rotation is a complete mess. No Glasnow, no Kershaw.

I did hear that Ohtanei MIGHT be available to pitch in the postseason but that seems dicey at best

Gavin Stone likely on the shelf the rest of the season, hurt his throwing shoulder. LAD rotation is a complete mess. No Glasnow, no Kershaw.

I did hear that Ohtanei MIGHT be available to pitch in the postseason but that seems dicey at best

Wow that crazy, feel bad for him but my dislike of dodgers is hard to hide, lol. I heard same thing bout Ohtani, I think they be fucking nuts to even try that. Yamamoto looks to be ramping up to a higher pitch count, looks like it him, Flaherty, then a bunch of the crap we have seen them trot out? I guess I’ve heard Buehler is starting to look better but man throw in Flaherty penchant for underperforming that isn’t the most stable 3!!

Crazy today I turn on cubs game at 2 pm to hear what weather was and I hear announcer say Steele will only go 3 maybe 4 inns. That he is on a 50-60 pitch Max. I hit outs and Ks

Just catching up on a couple more blurbs

Kopech wants to become a starter

Orioles designated Kimbrel for assignment

Just catching up on a couple more blurbs

Kopech wants to become a starter

Orioles designated Kimbrel for assignment

I know since Kopech has gotten to La they tweaked or fixed something cause he been damn near untouchable, I dunno if he can stretch out that quickly to be counted on for bunch of innings but hell at this point If they can get 4 good innings out of a guy they have the pen arms to piece the rest together, obviously they gonna need Yamamoto to give them a lot more so the pen isn’t being pushed every day but it a thought. They gotta do something, the offense so damn scary you would think they gonna put up some runs on most starters/pens.

Fucjing leadoff walk right after team spots you a run vs one the best pitchers in the game. Guy steals a base and presto one fucjing single and you have let them tie it!! Man baseball can be maddening, I hate pitchers walking guys!

Well kc will have top of lineup getting another shot for me in bottom the 3rd, maybe they can get me 1 more? I dunno, I was really banking on marsh making that run hold up! I didn’t expect them to come out anb get several off skubal, it just don’t work that way.

Tigers just can’t be stopped right now, crazy what they got going on. I was with ya. Everything made sense to play kc here but there tigers go again, fuckers can’t be beat!

kc should have went to lynch a tad sooner, still think lhp tougher on tigers. Probably too late,,,dunno if Kc can get 3 more runs back just to tie it.

Back