Wednesday Discussion Thread

Just hope Jamal shows up on the road, that's been his downfall when I bet him but this will be the first game off a home loss

He was so bad last game and he has had plenty of big road games, I just can’t see him playing small again

I dunno if bad the right word but he did miss the game tying shot and he let Heat get ball out his hands. He hadn’t shot 3s real well yet this series, they coming

@Marsski or anyone really. Isn’t that De La Cruz kid a big time prospect for reds? Off to a quick start hitting in middle the order already!

Wow, I woulda been royally pissed if I played Cabrera k’s or outs, they yanked him after 5 innings and 65 pitches? 1 run? Weird, considering how much they pushed alcontera even further than I thought they should last season.

Kicking myself for not getting on snakes Ff over or rl. Thought the way they hitting corbin would probably come back to reality.

Wow, I woulda been royally pissed if I played Cabrera k’s or outs, they yanked him after 5 innings and 65 pitches? 1 run? Weird, considering how much they pushed alcontera even further than I thought they should last season.
I did, only prop I played tonight. Twice in a week my guy gets hurt

I did, only prop I played tonight. Twice in a week my guy gets hurt

Is that why he left? That sucks. Hard to say if he gets to 7 ks, the pitch count said he coulda easily pitched 7 innings but he had walked 2, who knows if he ended up having another inning with walks but def sucks to lose on a injury exit. Luckily it been a minute since I’ve had one, I had few guys in a week catch liners off their legs and leave but that was over a month ago.

Mad max k’s was free money!

reds smashed their total as fading thor has been just bout as money as waino and manoah!

Is that why he left? That sucks. Hard to say if he gets to 7 ks, the pitch count said he coulda easily pitched 7 innings but he had walked 2, who knows if he ended up having another inning with walks but def sucks to lose on a injury exit. Luckily it been a minute since I’ve had one, I had few guys in a week catch liners off their legs and leave but that was over a month ago.
Can't remember who I had last week where total was 6.5 and he had 6 through 3.2 and got hurt

Can't remember who I had last week where total was 6.5 and he had 6 through 3.2 and got hurt

Ugh, had to be Sale. I was kicking myself for passing, lol. Not laughing at you, jist how much it sucks.

Reactions: KJ
Only thing I have left on the bases side is giants Ff -.5, had a free play so parlayed as much I could into it. Giants all that left to cash, I’m not even sure I like them all that much, lol. I remembered @VirginiaCavs pointing out he has a strong history at coors, noticed rox Ff total was only 1.5 so figured I could put giants in there to up the payout.

Need some teams to fall off in the next month and a half or the trade deadline is gonna be a bidding war and I still think the Snakes are a year away, no need to mortgage the future for this season. Let LAD get a year older

Need some teams to fall off in the next month and a half or the trade deadline is gonna be a bidding war and I still think the Snakes are a year away, no need to mortgage the future for this season. Let LAD get a year older

Yea, all I would do if I was them add a cheap pen arm or 2. Unless a guy like stroman would agree to restructuring his contract to avoid the opt out, I wouldn’t give up any top guys for rentals, have to be long term plays or just bargain basement hunt like cards usually do, vet innings eater and a helpful pen arm can usually be had for cheap.

Cards don’t even have to sell realky, they need to swap out some parts, they have 20 outfielders who can play in this league but no pitching!

I never woulda figured Lopez go 7 innings and not hit his k’s. Glad I respected the fact his k’s been down lately. I decided before I even crossed the bridge I hadn’t talked bout scherzer and I still trust him to step up in a spot his team needed him, I was gonna play 6.5 no problem, I was shocked it went down to 5.5.

Hey @VirginiaCavs , what were you saying bout flaherty walks? Lol. This what I’m talking bout with this dude, you can never possibly know wtf you gonna get, I wonder if he knows prior to game? I think good pitchers know when they really on, doubt he in that category.

I never woulda figured Lopez go 7 innings and not hit his k’s. Glad I respected the fact his k’s been down lately. I decided before I even crossed the bridge I hadn’t talked bout scherzer and I still trust him to step up in a spot his team needed him, I was gonna play 6.5 no problem, I was shocked it went down to 5.5.
Now the Braves need to win

Another awesome start by Bassitt, pricks had him at 18.5 and I wasn’t feeling super strong bout that agaibst Stros, he could pitch the entire game far as pitch count goes. I wouida been all over 17.5 w him.

Is it just me or has Rays pen been leaking a little oil lately? Can hardly blame them, they have dealt with so many startling pitchers going down im sure their pen usage rate is way up there.

That was about the worst walk taken I ever seen. Haniger got a 3-0 and 3-1 pitch dead center and didn’t do shit with them, then draws walk. Woopty doo

Hey @VirginiaCavs , what were you saying bout flaherty walks? Lol. This what I’m talking bout with this dude, you can never possibly know wtf you gonna get, I wonder if he knows prior to game? I think good pitchers know when they really on, doubt he in that category.
Lol better walks than hits tho

Lol better walks than hits tho

I dunno, I guess since he has pitched around them but it ain’t exactly a recipe for long term success. I hate walks, much rather they challenged guys and made them hit it, his stuff is plenty good enough he don’t have to be nibbling.

You been watching any @VirginiaCavs? I been watching the nba game so dunno if he just off the corners or he all over the place? I’d think he has some amount of control since he hasn’t left anything over the plate to get smashed.

You been watching any @VirginiaCavs? I been watching the nba game so dunno if he just off the corners or he all over the place? I’d think he has some amount of control since he hasn’t left anything over the plate to get smashed.
I haven‘t been watching but he‘s responsible for literally every walk in the game

I haven‘t been watching but he‘s responsible for literally every walk in the game

Gray’s numbers are fantastic. Only arenado has gotten hits off him, he had 5 k’s vs the lefties and That the reason I didn’t play him, lol, whoops. I did think he get Gorman but prob not 3x! And he got 2 of the others who rarely strike out. His pitch count super low for all the k’s too. You just know cards losing this game. Lol.

Christian Braun should start over Porter

I dunno bout all that, porter was shit today but he been pretty big reason why they been great in these playoffs. Braun off bench works for me. Porter still has a bunch of good moments in him.

Most importantly Porter kinda fades away when he doesn’t hit sone shots early so it wouldn’t work nearly as well bringing him off bench, plus his size is helpful. You little to reactionary bro, lol.

I dunno bout all that, porter was shit today but he been pretty big reason why they been great in these playoffs. Braun off bench works for me. Porter still has a bunch of good moments in him.

Porter so slow on defense and doesn’t stay to his shooter at all. If he can’t shoot he’s a complete liability. But he’s such a good shooter. Just can’t make a shot right now

Porter so slow on defense and doesn’t stay to his shooter at all. If he can’t shoot he’s a complete liability. But he’s such a good shooter. Just can’t make a shot right now

He will get it back. He has been responsible for lot of open shots for heat. Still just works better this way, you won’t ever get Porter shot making if you bring him off bench.

He will get it back. He has been responsible for lot of open shots for heat. Still just works better this way, you won’t ever get Porter shot making if you bring him off bench.

Agree. You can always play Braun and the Nuggets regardless have led every game by at least 15+

Back