Wednesday around the bases DISCUSSION Thread

cards once again dogs, once again not sure i agree with thatDeee i've seen the other pirates rookie a lot more than jones so ill have to dig in a bit but mikolas outta give them the quality starts that gibson failed to do.

braves have had no success vs hicks, i assume most their at bats against him where him coming out the pen for cards but either way they have done no damage to him. could def see them beating a bunch his sinkers into the ground. only 3 giants have significant at bats vs sale, they have 7 hits in 29 recorded ab's but 6 of them been for extra bases! chapman and casali have 2 bombs, 2 doubles, and a triple in 18 chances, lot of slug there. could be a chance to play hitter prop? braves def feel overpriced laying 2-1, they not playing like a team who should lay that against one the many average nl teams.

i was just guessing but they really are making o's dogs in this one. lol. sign me up, call me crazy but i doubt seattle scores shit off burnes and castillo hasn't been same dude this year, he been ok but not dominant and obviously facing the way better lineup. no clue how they making seattle -117 here? i don't even need to dig deeper to know i'll be on o's and will be every time they not a decent size fav vs seattle. line is totally backwards.

dunno why i was seeing barnes vs castillo earlier? now it looks like kremer vs gilbert. that slightly more reasonable for seattle to be favs in har matchup but it still o's or nothing for me, there no chance i'd lay juice w seattle against balty regardless pitching matchup, just no way for me. obviously this one presents problems since kremer coming off a lengthy injury stint it's damn near impossible to know what we get, normal circumstances i'd be happy to back him since facing seattle offense is a hell a lot easier task than gilbert has against o's lineup. i'll try to find out what kind of pitch count kremer be on and see how he has looked if he had rehab starts? he has started 2 games in seattle and went 13 innings and only allowed 1 run! again just sucks he been out for over a month. gilbert has been great this year, he has went 6+ in 15 his 17 starts so certainly not saying it be some lock to back o's, just that he facing the much tougher lineup. kinda want to stay away from kremer vs sea part the game since who knows what we get from
him. gilbert ov 6.5 k's at even money is the 1st thing that sticks out to me. his swinging strike rate up over 14% this year and with how deep he going in practically every game i like his chances to fan 7+

i'd say gilbert damn near a lock to go 6 innings but ov 17.5 is -190 and he facing one the best offenses in the league. feels a tad steep even tho im pretty confident he will pitch into the 7th. on the bright side im also pretty confident if he pitches past 6 he pretty likely to fan 7+ and the ov 6.5 k's is even money. that feels like a pretty solid play to me.

i would think mikolas be solid here but he does not have a real good history at pnc park. he did dominate pirates earlier this year but that was in stl.

Everyone says this is the dog days of summer for sports but I have no idea what they're talking about. MLB, Euro, Copa, Wimbledon and yes, I follow the Tour de France too.
It's 91 degrees, no humidity, strong breeze

Just went for a walk and feel like I can run a sub 60 second 400 in this at 49. This is the time of year that screams sports, just not the traditional ones where you belly up and get fatty liver.

It's 91 degrees, no humidity, strong breeze

Just went for a walk and feel like I can run a sub 60 second 400 in this at 49. This is the time of year that screams sports, just not the traditional ones where you belly up and get fatty liver.
My guy. You just motivated me to start my workout earlier today!

• Love
Reactions: KJ
And I'm looking forward to the Olympics. Shame me how you want.
I never miss the Olympics, though I usually favor winter over summer, especially 2026 with the NHLers returning.

Basically, my fondest memories of watching sports as a kid are the Albertville and Lillehammer Olympics.

Adults are able to put political theatre drama aside, and enjoy the Olympics for what they are.

I never miss the Olympics, though I usually favor winter over summer, especially this year with the NHLers returning.

Basically, my fondest memories of watching sports as a kid are the Albertville and Lillehammer Olympics.
Fun Olympics stuff

As a kid, only child, we would always do 2 week driving vacations from Iowa. 1984 we did the West Coast....LA during the Olympics. I was 9, huge Pete Rose fan, huge Phillies fan. Free agency ruined that but then it was a thing. We rolled into Chavez Ravine, I'm decked out in full on little kid Phillies uni. Phils v Dodgers, Carlton v Fernando I believe...but getting to talk to Pete while he was playing pepper was a highlight of life. Of course he interacted with a kid dressed the way I was.

But if you remember 1984, Russia boycotts. And McDonalds gave out those scratch tickets for events, and if the US won a medal you got free food. They took a bath on that promotion after Russia pulled out. There were so many gold medal tickets out there they couldn't make Big Macs fast enough for zero revenue lol

Fun Olympics stuff

As a kid, only child, we would always do 2 week driving vacations from Iowa. 1984 we did the West Coast....LA during the Olympics. I was 9, huge Pete Rose fan, huge Phillies fan. Free agency ruined that but then it was a thing. We rolled into Chavez Ravine, I'm decked out in full on little kid Phillies uni. Phils v Dodgers, Carlton v Fernando I believe...but getting to talk to Pete while he was playing pepper was a highlight of life. Of course he interacted with a kid dressed the way I was.

But if you remember 1984, Russia boycotts. And McDonalds gave out those scratch tickets for events, and if the US won a medal you got free food. They took a bath on that promotion after Russia pulled out. There were so many gold medal tickets out there they couldn't make Big Macs fast enough for zero revenue lol
Great memory. Only child here as well, but not the "typical" only child.. I swear!

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Gilbert outs will be included in a couple parlays

yea i got no issues with it. there been few times over the years i've swallowed this amount on needing a pitcher to go 6 but it little tougher ask against one the best offenses in baseball! if gilbert was facing like the angels, chisox, pirates and his number was 17.5 of course id pay -200 for it!! i just dont know if it makes sense laying that against o's, i dunno i havnt really did any my creative math to decide if i think he goes 6+ more than -190 suggest? lol

yea i got no issues with it. there been few times over the years i've swallowed this amount on needing a pitcher to go 6 but it little tougher ask against one the best offenses in baseball! if gilbert was facing like the angels, chisox, pirates and his number was 17.5 of course id pay -200 for it!! i just dont know if it makes sense laying that against o's, i dunno i havnt really did any my creative math to decide if i think he goes 6+ more than -190 suggest? lol
I will likey have it in three parlays, all tennis

I'm going to continue to pound Mets RL against this joke of a Nationals team.

man bro, i havnt looked at matchup today but don't you feel like super fortunate to have cashed these last 2? they really had no business covering either. i def felt lucky to push the over yesterday and def glad i stayed off the higher ml even tho it hit. mets still a clown show imo, i'll be happy when i stop messing w them! lol

man bro, i havnt looked at matchup today but don't you feel like super fortunate to have cashed these last 2? they really had no business covering either. i def felt lucky to push the over yesterday and def glad i stayed off the higher ml even tho it hit. mets still a clown show imo, i'll be happy when i stop messing w them! lol
Lucky as fuck brother. I look at it like Dave Martinez is either losing his mind and can't help himself and will undoubtedly do something stupid within those 9 innings, somehow some way. But fortunately we had a tenth inning 2x to get us there lol.

Lucky as fuck brother. I look at it like Dave Martinez is either losing his mind and can't help himself and will undoubtedly do something stupid within those 9 innings, somehow some way. But fortunately we had a tenth inning 2x to get us there lol.

lol. fair enough. i still think we woulda lost game 1 straight up if he didn't pull Gore when he was straight begging him to stay in. dude had retired like 11 or 12 straight, gives up a bloop hit and guy yanks him, mets never tie that game if he let gore finish the inning!

looks like it gonna rain here all morning. anyplace else we gotta worry bout weather today?

it really a bummer mikolas has had so many issues pitching at pnc, really wanted to be on his out total or cards plus money again. hard to ignore all the bad starts he has had in pitt tho. doesnt make a lot of sense.

looks like it gonna rain here all morning. anyplace else we gotta worry bout weather today?

it really a bummer mikolas has had so many issues pitching at pnc, really wanted to be on his out total or cards plus money again. hard to ignore all the bad starts he has had in pitt tho. doesnt make a lot of sense.

Wimby finally just started

Gilbert parlays are going to be fast and furious

Gilbert o17.5 is -225 right now so likely more than anticipated 3 adds

Need something to pair with, Coco is gonna just be -5000 so that one sucks

Gilbert o17.5 is -225 right now so likely more than anticipated 3 adds

Need something to pair with, Coco is gonna just be -5000 so that one sucks

apparently -190 wasn't enough a deterant, lol. pretty sure i'm happier just rolling w his k prop. even tho his k's per 9 a career low his swinging strike rate at a all time high so stands to reason the k's should go up.

apparently -190 wasn't enough a deterant, lol. pretty sure i'm happier just rolling w his k prop. even tho his k's per 9 a career low his swinging strike rate at a all time high so stands to reason the k's should go up.
Just put it in with a Coco game 4

Planning on doing it a few times to build equity

Her 2nd serve is incredibly awful though

i dunno if facing the fish makes this a tougher play or not but look at all the freaking walks bello been giving up lately and his ov walks is only 1.5 -145!?!??! dude has walked 2+ in 11 of 14 starts, 7 straight, and 2 of the 3 games he didn't walk 2+ were his 1st 2 starts of year! he been routinely walking 3 lately!! i don't play this prop much but damn!! will fish take walks? you would also think facing fish crappy lineup it more likely he pitches deeper, 2 walks seems damn near like a foregone conclusion!

i was a bello fan when he 1st came up, i remember cashing his k prop bunch of times. he seems to have regressed badly, i wonder if this has anything to do with red sox new philosophy on pitching where they have guys throwing way more spin than fastballs? has to be part of it. i guess it has worked considering that staff been much better than expected but i don't really like the idea of having a overall philosophy for every pitcher on the staff, think it makes a lot more sense to be a case by case basis.

Got one Gilbert ticket in at -159 but no mo CoCo

Holy shit she's a mental torpedo serving if you bet on her. Don't punch or throw shit because you'll want to

Back