Wednesday 12/18/13 NBA discussion thread

I really don't get your problem. If you don't agree with what I have to say. Say "I don't agree.". Life is too short to deal with your bs on here I really don't give a shit. Good luck

Tool.

You pulled the retard card out, deal with it.

game was tied 95-95 with three minutes remaining then Ginobli went ham and has scored 9 of the teams last 11 points

Lol came in to bitch about Suns then saw se guy say he'd take Hibbert over Anthony Davis LOL

Stop gambling if you really believe that

I hope no one else suffered the horrible fate of having the Knicks/Bucks under.. talk about a bad beat. I hate the NBA

IMO You were always looking at a back door 4th to win your bet, twink. Just be happy if they're down by 20 or less after 3. What you don't want is for it to be such a mammoth deficit (30+) that Nawlins packs in caring, and that seems unlikely from here.

Also fwiw - LAC has the biggest venue total split in the NBA:

11-4 to Under away vs. 9-2 to Over at home (before tonight's game)

IMO You were always looking at a back door 4th to win your bet, twink. Just be happy if they're down by 20 or less after 3. What you don't want is for it to be such a mammoth deficit (30+) that Nawlins packs in caring, and that seems unlikely from here.
when i bet baskets, I always want the run late...like you say

I am hopin the 3rd q is the lay off and the 4th is the NO run

However when the DD fave comes out to start the 2nd h and is playin like shit, Id like the dog to stay competent.....not just fall apart

to me, it looks like the bet is toast....but hey, who knows

Starting Davis really must have gotten the clippers attention before tipoff. In a way I think the pelicans would have been better off with Davis out. But he has to get back and get into the flow eventually. Might as well be in a game you were gonna most likely lose anyway

The Tor/Cha total was a tough beat, too. Would've stayed under if the home team hadn't nailed a late 3 to force OT.

definitely not a tough beat, just flat out wrong side. toronto going minutes and minutes at a time missing every open layup after the lowest scoring first quarter imaginable. sure, it ended up taking a late 3 (altho should he miss that, there will still be a foul, and a decent chance at an over after that), but the over losing would have been the tough beat

definitely not a tough beat, just flat out wrong side. toronto going minutes and minutes at a time missing every open layup after the lowest scoring first quarter imaginable. sure, it ended up taking a late 3 (altho should he miss that, there will still be a foul, and a decent chance at an over after that), but the over losing would have been the tough beat

You're obv. fee to your opinion, and my own opinion is informed by a survivor pick that was on the Over, but generally speaking from my pov: when a game is on pace for 132 pts after 1 period, 168 pts after 2 periods, & 186 pts after 3 periods (meaning at no time during regulation itself was a game ever on pace to deliver an Over result), and further requires a 3 pointer from the trailing team's last possession for a tie in order for Over to cash in the ensuing OT period, then any person who had the Under endured a bad beat.
If Over had always been on pace through 3 periods, and only a godawful come-from-nowhere scoring shitfest popped up in the 4th put that Over cashing in jeopardy (but subsequently still got there due to OT), then I'd be much more readily inclined to agree Over backers cashed where they "should have" or "deserved to". (I recall a match between LAC & PHX a number of years back easily on pace for Over after 3 periods when I had the Over, which then delivered 5 pts in the first 7 minutes of the 4th period. This was the Phoenix run & gun team of the Nash/Amare era. That kind of shitfest.)

As for your hypothetical: if the 3 was missed and Toronto fouled, the score at that point was 95-92. Whether Charlotte made 1 or 2 FTs, Toronto would always be making a 3 attempt on their next/last possession given the time factor. Their 3-point game shooting at that point (in this scenario) would've read 5-24. A team already shooting a poor 21% from behind the arc (vs. a season avg. of 33%) and taking an attempt against a team defending nothing but the perimeter? Sure it might've gone in, but Over backers couldn't have had any complaints if it didn't. As for a miss, it'd be exceedingly unlikely that they'd have bother to foul at that point (being down 4-5 pts w/around 4-6 seconds left), but since nothing is impossible on the NBA, Charlotte would still have had to make both subsequent FTAs for Over to hit (meaning a team that had shot 64% from the FT line to that point in the game would've needed to have made all 4 of their final attempts for Over to cash by 1 pt). Again, nothing about how the above scenario(s) read says to me Over backers need have felt hard done by in any sense if they hadn't lucked upon OT.

Back