Wed. CFB

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
2008 Posted on CTG

59-48, +25,525

picked up a little more than 5 units last week in CFB.. Hit my big play on bama (8 units) and that was the difference maker.. Hitting a pretty high percent on my top plays.

Temple -1, -110; 4 units

add:

Temple over 24, -110 2H; 2 units...

Temple is capable of shutting Kent down and Kent is capable of giving up a big number to about everyone.. As everyone knows, Temple has had 4 get wrenching losses on the last play of the game including two unthinkable losses, lw to Navy and a hail mary a few back to Buffalo..

Two camps exist.. One says, ya Temple is pretty good but they keep giving games away at the end, so I can't bet them. Another camp , which I reside in, thinks it is impossible for these bad things to keep happening to this team..

In otherwords, I have matchup advantages all over the place IMO, and the only thing that would keep me off of Temple is if I think something crazy can happen at the end again... I'll take my chances and actually think the football gods owe Temple a game or two (kind of like the fb gods owed Iowa one, and gave it to them lw).

Now, the one aspect I worry about is trying to figure out how these 19 year old kids will react to all these bizarre and heart wrenching losses.. Found a few quotes that suggest they will use it as motivation and will not lay down on the season.. That, frankly, was my only concern in this bet..

In the other game-- I can make arguments on both sides..very smallish lean on Central Michigan..

Last edited:
pretty good look into Temple mindset:

Temple Head Coach Al Golden
"That's four games. In 21 years of college football, I don't think I have ever been in involved in anything like this...to lose four games like that. It's heart breaking, but we'll get them back.
"Right now where we are in our program, I am excited about the way they competed. No matter who or where they are playing. I think they are starting to enjoy the fight. I really do. When you start from where we started, in such a depressed state where we started two years ago, I am pleased with the fact that they have gotten to the point where they have a chance and opportunity to win every game they are in.
"The majority of the time we executed our plan today. They played their butts off. We need a couple more guys to step up and make a play. We need to hold onto the football better and we need to execute a little bit better. We will get there."

Tee from what I've read in the Temple newspapers, The team should bounce back from that loss against Navy. Here is the quote:

The Owls (3-6 overall) are coming off a 33-27 overtime loss at Navy on Nov. 1, during which the Midshipmen rallied from 20 points down in the fourth quarter.
"It's not one of those things you dwell on," said Temple wide receiver Bruce Francis, who has caught a pass in a school-record 35 consecutive games while tying the Owls' record for career touchdown receptions (18).
Francis had two touchdown catches against Navy, and Temple handled the Midshipmen's famed option offense. But when the hosts went to a passing game to play catch-up, they were successful.
"Since we returned from Navy, we've had leadership we've never had before," Temple coach Al Golden said. "We had some guys that challenged some guys in the film room. It wasn't out of frustration.
"I've been every pleased with the way they've responded. We can't see into the future, but maybe [the Navy game] is what they needed to wake up. We won't know until we see how we play the next three games."

lean this side, undecided if I'll get involved

Tee from what I've read in the Temple newspapers, The team should bounce back from that loss against Navy. Here is the quote:

lean this side, undecided if I'll get involved

Thanks.. I hadn't seen that.. Makes me like it even more... I like a team that takes an "us against the world attitude"...

Anyone remember watching Iowa State drop half a hundy on the Kent defense? I watched it.. Iowa state did not score a TD the next week vs Iowa.. My point is- Temple has offensive challenges but those challenges are typically against pretty good defenses.. They will get plenty of opportunities to score tonight and their defense absolutely flies to the ball..

Fuck, liking this one more and more as a go... Its not top unit material but its damn close..

GL Tee. Both favs for me today .

ya even though a have a tiny lean on CMich, I can definatly make a case for No Illy.. I had them last week and loved their resume coming into that game but as we saw, BSU is for real... So I kind of discount that loss.. It is a pretty good situation for Illy st I agree.. Just can't back them after the pain of watching them get smoked lw.. GL bro:cheers:

Anyone remember watching Iowa State drop half a hundy on the Kent defense? I watched it

Then you also saw Kent outgain ISU by almost 2:1 in total yards.

I'm on board with ya bro, had this on my lean list at the begining of the week. Let's grab the cash bro.

Navy had a whopping 7 points heading into the 4th quarter LW.

Anybody will score at will on Kent.

Temple plays great run defense and should at least give Kent's offense some trouble who I still maintain is not on Navy's level.

Just hope Temple's mindset is right from LW.

EDIT: ONly thing that sucks is this game is not on tv tonight the CMU-NIU game is instead.

Anyone remember watching Iowa State drop half a hundy on the Kent defense? I watched it

Then you also saw Kent outgain ISU by almost 2:1 in total yards.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD align=left></TD><TD>
2309.gif
</TD><TD>
66.gif
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>1st Downs</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>14</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Total Yards</TD><TD>410</TD><TD>374</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Passing</TD><TD>167</TD><TD>214</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Rushing</TD><TD>243</TD><TD>160</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Penalties</TD><TD>5-34</TD><TD>6-65</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>3rd Down Conversions</TD><TD>4-12</TD><TD>6-14</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>4th Down Conversions</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0-1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Turnovers</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Possession</TD><TD>27:38</TD><TD>32:22</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What are you talking about bro?. Where is the 2:1 edge?. Would have been a good comment if it were correct.

My point is-- Kent let a very average, if not below average fb team score 48 points on them..

:confused:

What are you talking about bro?. Where is the 2:1 edge?. Would have been a good comment if it were correct.

My point is-- Kent let a very average, if not below average fb team score 48 points on them..

Yep...posted my comment from work without my notes and was too lazy to look it up; my BAD for posting faulty information, in a flippant manner no less, as I am pretty hard on others when they do so.

Sorry 'bout that and good luck tonite.<!-- / message -->

Yep...posted my comment from work without my notes and was too lazy to look it up; my BAD for posting faulty information, in a flippant manner no less, as I am pretty hard on others when they do so.

Sorry 'bout that and good luck tonite.<!-- / message -->

no worries bro:shake:

Damn Tee, they're fightin back......nothing like DiMichele hitting a 35 yd TD on 3rd & 29.......they're right back in it only down 21-17 at half.......showed a lot of guts after being down 21-3 after the 1st....

Does the motivation carry over into 2H or is the late 1H run give a false sense of security? The answer to that will give us a winner or loser.

Back