Weather Thread Week 1 , Heat? Humidity? Wind? Rain/thunderstorm? Tornado?

There's always a concern when teams from non-humid climates travel into the sauna in the south. But I will say the humidity has not been bad at all this week in south Alabama, so teams like Washington State may catch a bit of a break. Having said that, I'm obviously acclimated to the humidity, so what feels comfortable to me humidity-wise still usually isn't comfortable for people who aren't use to it. Nevertheless, it's not nearly as bad down here right now as it usually is/could be.

Gonna be in the low to mid 90's with lots of humidity in much of the Midwest....it's been a pretty mild summer, at least here in Indy....so it's gonna feel much worse

There's always a concern when teams from non-humid climates travel into the sauna in the south. But I will say the humidity has not been bad at all this week in south Alabama, so teams like Washington State may catch a bit of a break. Having said that, I'm obviously acclimated to the humidity, so what feels comfortable to me humidity-wise still usually isn't comfortable for people who aren't use to it. Nevertheless, it's not nearly as bad down here right now as it usually is/could be.
Agree, the last few days have actually felt like Fall mornings here in SE Louisiana.

The advanced info we're getting at work looks like there won't be any possible tropical weather impact to the South until next weekend at the earliest.

@DMBerk: New field turf at Nippert Stadium showed to be slick during Wednesday's high school game. Could play a factor in #Cincinnati #Purdue game

COLLEGE STATION, Texas --- The Texas A&M football team will open its 2013 campaign with a 12 noon contest against the Rice Owls on Saturday at Kyle Field.

With a crowd in excess of 80,000 anticipated and temperatures expected to approach triple digits, here are some reminders and tips for fans:

The “cool zone” area will be located inside the McFerrin Indoor Track, which is located on the west side of Kyle Field. There are no cool zones on the east side of Kyle Field, however, there will be “mister fans” on all three decks of the east side. Fans are encouraged to protect themselves from the sun with hats and sunblock and to hydrate before and during Saturday’s game.

High to be 100. Wind S @ 12

that's good info in the Purdue/Cincy game, but I'm not sure how to use it. Both teams could be facing a detrimental turf situation; would it favor either side? What about with the total?

:shake:

Temps suppose to be 100 at Kickoff tomorrow for SMU v TTU. Sidenote..it looks like Baker Mayfield, Walk-on Freshman will get the start for TTU

Hot as piss again here in Minny today. Humidity up as well. UNLV guys should feel right at home.

Kill has pretty much said he plans to use as much depth as possible this first game, so expect a lot of rotations on the defensive side. Best CB (Wells) is out. LB's are untested but two JUCO guys are going to start.

Offensively expect a lot of ground and pound with Minny OL trying to wear UNLV front down (which should be easy).

that's good info in the Purdue/Cincy game, but I'm not sure how to use it. Both teams could be facing a detrimental turf situation; would it favor either side? What about with the total?

:shake:

FWIW when I played I always felt that a slippery field was an advantage for the offense. Receivers and backs can take a tiny bit off their cuts to reduce the risk of slipping. Defenders cuts OTOH are reactionary and as a result they tend to slip more

Back