We have lost Bloodhound

Such sad news. Cancer is a MF'er. RIP Blood. They don't make 'em like you any more

Sharing this from Grind4Mine.

If you'd like to donate to help out our good friend Blood and his wife Tracey during their time of need, please visit the link below. Any amount is greatly appreciated, and a big thanks to those that donated tonight; incredible response so far as Tim put it. That's what this forum is all about.

https://www.gofundme.com/bloodhound-...05712653&pos=1

Awful to hear. Truly a good person from all interactions I have had with him here. That he was able to convey that to people on the internet I can't imagine how he treated those he met in real life. RIP Blood, you will be missed.

I really hate to hear this news. Cancer is a beast. I have my own battle with cancer and have met so many great people in the last year that this effects. His wife needs and appreciates any and all support she can get. One thing I can say with confidence is that when you are afflicted with this disease you are often surprised that people that were acquaintances become friends and some friends become acquaintances. As I didn't know him personally, I will support through donation. For those of you that did know him continue to pop his wife a note as time goes on checking in on her. She will appreciate it
Ticket you make really great points there. I had the privilege to meet Tracey, and plan to call her and check in. I can't even imagine how much she will miss the Hound.

Tim...It would be nice to post an obit when / if one's done. I am (relatively) new to this site and did not know much about the man except his capping prowess and, as mentioned, how nice and friendly a person he seemed to be. If there's no obit please post whatever you're comfortable with about the man's life. From what I can gather sounds like an interesting one and I'd really like to hear more. Thanks.
Frank I will follow up on both of those, and have some things I can share.

Rest in peace, my friend. Thank you for touching so many people in such a positive way; you will be greatly missed.

Wow...There was such a comfort level when I saw his threads. I told him it was like going into my grandparents living room when I entered his threads. I trusted his opinions and valued his picks. I never met him in person, so how can I feel so bummed out right now? I don't even know what he looks like after 15 years of knowing him. My absolute favorite time of year with him was Bowl season. What a capper for all sports. Brutal loss for all of us. RIP old friend. We'll see you on the other side.

Last edited:
Like most of you, I knew mr. hound only via the internet. But to Tim and Wire, and to any others who knew Chuck personally, I offer my heartfelt sympathy and condolences. He was what I call a quality person and from reading this thread I,m sure there is general agreement on that. Terrific capper, wonderful member of CTG, and just an all around great guy.

I am devastated to hear this news, the absolute worst news. I was coming on to post a prayer for him to get better & to see this just saddens me terrible. I have had the good fortune to have known Blood fo about 14 yrs now, met him at Winners Circle Sports where he took me in & made me feel comfortable. I called him a couple times when passing thru NC to try & hook up for a cocktail, but our schedules never let it happen. Over the years we shared many thoughts here on the sports forums & via emails & last winter he was trying hard to get me to buy a winter home near his in Florida. He sent me several listing of homes near his along with any other info I requested. Yes he was a great capper but he was the best person & friend anyone could ask for. My thoughts & prayers are with Tracey & their family. :prayer:prayer:prayer Lord please be with our friend Bloodhound/Chuck .... heaven is immediately a better place with his arrival, god bless him & his family & thank you for allowing him to touch all of our lifes in one way or another.:prayer:prayer:prayer

I've only been on CTG for a comparatively short time but I knew immediately he was an icon here. Very kind and responsive to everyone who sought his expertise. His passing is an immeasurable loss.

Terrible news, condolences to his family and friends.

Legendary capper, CTG vet and great human.

rip-gravestone.jpg

The worst possible news to hear Chuck is gone.. He was kind enough to DM me, email me with kind words. When I had my awful losing streak this year, his words were immeasurable to me. I had the fortune to speak to him one time. He even shared to me just how tough a fight he was having but would fight every day.
I'm at a loss for words, please post the viewing or funeral plans.

He was a man among boys, until we meet again Mr Hound

For those of you who didn't know the type of man he was, here was a message he sent me

Hi pard,
I would like to Thank U for ur continuing concern about the old hound health. At my age it seams that everything is going wrong. I stayed in the hospital 4 days last wk running test on what is causing this infection in my arteries. The docs believe they know 'what its not' but not sure what is causing it. Back to the doctors on monday and hopefully they will treat me with something so I can go back to my mountain home. Already on heavy doses od prednizone and antibiotics and feel much better
Sorry about the bad season for U...let me know if U need a 'stake' to get back in the game for something to do. I really thought that U were going to brake out of the cold stake and make an outstanding comeback

BOL Lefty

:shake:

Very hard in this world to make your impression on others via kindness.

The manner he posted and conducted himself was something special. Clearly this was a man of love and affection. Sorry to his family but they were blessed to have had him.

WOW...I just read this. It really got to me. R.I.P. Blood. Its a horrible thing to go through for his family. Prayers their way. My sincerest condolences to the family . Damn it. I'm speechless. I just thought he was going to beat this.

Man, sad....so sorry to all y'all. Be strange to come in here and not see his post. May the lord bless him & keep him. Amen

this him?

man that just brought a smile to my face:shake2:

All these years and this is the 1st time knowing what he looks like. Believe it or not, it's not too far from what I pictured. I thought of him with a beard. He was such a good man.

Im repeating myself but when he posted, I felt such great comfort in reading his thoughts and tailing his picks. He made me a ton of money over the years. His Dime plays a few years back were golden. It really felt like he was slipping a little at the end but I got the feeling he was a tough son of a gun and kept on capping. Man, this is such a tough loss for me personally. I lost someone who I really enjoyed capping games with. God bless him and his family.

He was a good ole boy for sure. Never saw him post a bad word about anyone, a true gentleman. RIP buddy.

All these years and this is the 1st time knowing what he looks like. Believe it or not, it's not too far from what I pictured. I thought of him with a beard. He was such a good man.

Im repeating myself but when he posted, I felt such great comfort in reading his thoughts and tailing his picks. He made me a ton of money over the years. His Dime plays a few years back were golden. It really felt like he was slipping a little at the end but I got the feeling he was a tough son of a gun and kept on capping. Man, this is such a tough loss for me personally. I lost someone who I really enjoyed capping games with. God bless him and his family.

My sentiments exactly Wise! He brought us all together at Winners Circle Sports

Cash, it's hitting me now knowing that Bowl season is coming and he won't be here to provide the incredible wealth of knowledge each and every game. I've had nothing but great Bowl seasons with him. I looked at his lasts posts. His 2nd to last post was to me on October 22nd. I actually replied to him but there was no response. I also sent him a get well pm yesterday morning, obviously the same day he passed.
My my avatar will always be what it is right now. Hopefully this site lasts forever and we can keep honoring him. I'm going to really miss him during this Bowl season.

Just have to read all the posts above to see how well liked Blood was around here. He was one of the first to PM me and always seemed to go out of his way to make people welcome. Very sad news. RIP Blood

I was afraid this day was coming. Very sad news indeed. I always loved seeing where his mind was at on the games. My condolences to his family and friends and all that loved him. RIP Hound.

I think I can speak for us all when I say thank you Tracy, for sharing what little you had left with Blood with us, the members of CTG. He will truly be missed as one of the greatest clappers to grace this site. More importantly a great human being. It was said jokingly that he needed to charge a fee to hold a seminar in Vegas on how to cap. I think he should have charged a fee to teach us how to be a good person. I personally visited his thread numerous times throughout each week to see what the "ole hound" was playing. Many times tailing b/c I felt he provided winners, and he did. Speaking from personal experience, I can say that keeping the mind free of the pain is the best medicine for cancer. This seemed to be more than a hobby for him, more like a way to reach the masses. Your legacy will not be forgotten. If there was a CTG HoF, I'm sure he would be a first ballot inductee. God be with you Blood and much love Tracy.

Very hard in this world to make your impression on others via kindness.

The manner he posted and conducted himself was something special. Clearly this was a man of love and affection. Sorry to his family but they were blessed to have had him.

This sums it up well. RIP Blood

I'm so saddened by this. It's really unbelievable. While enjoying the holidays and indulging in my cocktails, I would open his Bowl thread like it was a gift wrapped present. He was truly a gift. Such comfort came with reading his thoughts on games. Never seen a guy so consistent and prophet like. He could read a game like no other. He used to pile on his picks by adding in game bets. He saw things that others couldn't see. His loss has made gambling less fun. It's really hard to fathom that someone could have this kind of impact. He did. He was King. I feel so brutally saddened by his loss.

Hate to see this and have anyone go through it(albeit inevitable), RIP, thoughts with family/friends

Dammit. This is awful news. I've maybe posted on here once or twice ever, but have been following along and reading for years. Bloodhound was one of, if not the most entertaining to read. He seemed like a great dude. Rest easy, friend.

Looks like Chuck lived the life he wanted. God rest his soul and prayers to his family.
Long live Bloodhound!

Back