Valspar Championship

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Another good field this week. Rose, Rory, Spieth, Tiger, Stenson, Sergio, Adam Scott, etc. Haven't dived in too much yet, mainly just looking at one and done candidates. Doubt I'll use any of the big names, possibly Stenson, though I believe this is his first start in the US since last fall. Not a definite stay away, but it seems the Euros need at least one start here before getting into a rhythm. Forecast calls for wind on Thursday, and then rain/wind over the weekend. Will need to check tee times against the hourly forecast to see if there is a huge difference between the early/late tee times vs late/early

Interesting TW match-ups this week...

+161 vs Finau
+121 vs Hadwin

Didn't take long for books to adjust. Another good performance, and I doubt we'll see TW at + again, unless he's matched up with DJ, JT, etc

Didn't take long for books to adjust. Another good performance, and I doubt we'll see TW at + again, unless he's matched up with DJ, JT, etc
Agreed.

Now, this morning at the pro-am has driven the ball well till #10 but his distance control on approaches has been brutal. I think he had one GIR on the front. Short game pretty good from what I read.

Couple of matchups:

An +140 vs Woodland
Rose -110 vs Casey

Going with Webb Simpson in my one and done. Kind of an out there pick, but he's been playing really well lately, and has a 2nd here in the past. He won't be heavily picked, so a chance to make up some ground. Not worried about leaving Sergio, Rose, Spieth etc for another week. Only other time I'd consider Webb is at Wyndham

I know its late but I had a strong lean this week to Woodland, Reed.

I was really looking at Adam Scott & Stenson. I wanted to see how well they played this week.

Yes 2...

Tiger just missed that ez birdie low.

Dialed in on that long par 3 though.

Another bird.

Even with a few bogies and the missed putts this round seems very 'in control' so far.

Tiger is winning this season. If not bay hill, then memorial. Awesome that he and Phil are both going to play their way onto Ryder cup team. Good luck Europe

What odds was Tiger going off at today to win? And is there an over-under on Corey Conners today?

Back