USC vs Hawaii

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Might as well get this one out there now. I think USC will be improved this year after ly's abortion....Hawaii had a tough one as well....sitting at 22 right now, and not my style to lay that on the road but this could be ugly. Worried about USC qb situation slightly....not sure about the new rec'ing corps

Any USC guys got anything? HG or ssgggwakkappna(lol I know sp bro)?

I don't like this 2 QB system Lane is going be using the first couple of games.

He has had a month to look at them. You know what they say about having 2 qb's

How does Hawaii get to 14 ? If you like Hawaii in this game then you should just bet the under. No way you can expect Hawaii to score much .. hell they just fired their offensive coordinator a few weeks ago.

Also, it is my belief that when you have a big favorite week 1 that you WANT a two qb system. There will be aggressive quality snaps all four quarters as he gets both QB's work. If USC had heart and people could back them on their talent level then this thing is sitting at four td .. but alas .. they are classic California pretty boys with lots of Hollywood and little substance. They are gonna have to work hard to shave this game down under 24.

btw .. not to bust balls .. but twinkie ... some would argue there isn't a better wr unit in the nation than what they have at usc ... so a little strange you would point out that as an issue. unless I have missed some suspension/injuries

Ill grant you that Hawaii should be better with the transfer QB and being in year 2 of a syatem

However they lost by more than 3 TDs 6 times last year. They also lost to new mex an colo st by double digits

btw .. not to bust balls .. but twinkie ... some would argue there isn't a better wr unit in the nation than what they have at usc ... so a little strange you would point out that as an issue. unless I have missed some suspension/injuries

I think they got THE best receiver.....no Woods anymore and Lee wasn't nearly as lethal w/o Barkley.

Agholor played OK in backup....then some new blood cming in

guess we will see

I said this the day Norm Chow got hired probably here or the other forum...I hate it. His offense is antiquated and is called a pro set for a reason: you need pro players.

Pretty easy to look good when you have the likes of Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush, Reggie Williams, Mike Williams, Leinart, Steve Smith, Ty Detmer, McMahon, etc, etc to work with....Hawaii will never have that talent, the triple option or run and shoot are the only proven offenses to work here.

Do you guys know what it is like to hear Fresno State Media come on our local radio here and talk about their Run and Shoot??? How their HC hated June Jone's run and shoot so much that he swore he would implement it when he becomes HC? How Fresno is putting 50 on us like we used to put on them? How Fresno fans are more excited than they have ever been and are talking undefeated season????

We also had probably the best young run and shoot disciple out there and previous June Junes QB Nick Rolovich on our staff under McMackin. Where is he now? Nevada, and guess what? They now have a run and shoot variation with a TOP 25 offense.

Where is the best young DC in the nation now? Arranda? Wisconsin, after he did a hell of a job at Utah State last year..... Hawaii let the two best young coordinators go, wtf??????

What about Utah State? Now they have the fugging spread as well.....

So three teams Hawaii has killed for a decade adopts Hawaii's offense, and what does Hawaii do? Go back to their crap offenses that doesn't work......geeeeeeezus fugging chcdkasj........

Oh, sorry, we are capping the USC game........this isn't a rant thread......

Hawaii and their Ohio State QB are "supposed" to air it out this year.......I don't care how big of an arm this guy has, you can't throw without an offensive line. Early word is the defense has been killing the offense.

By all accounts, Hawaii is vastly improved over last year, which isn't saying much when you see our only wins were over Lamar, Southwest Northern Central Alabama, and UNLV.....

I am very high on USC, and would be shocked if Hawaii stays within 4 Tds of them.....

Personally, I am laying the wood....

think USC does it something like 41-14. expect USC to explode out of the box and keep running this yr

GL twink

I said this the day Norm Chow got hired probably here or the other forum...I hate it. His offense is antiquated and is called a pro set for a reason: you need pro players.

Pretty easy to look good when you have the likes of Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush, Reggie Williams, Mike Williams, Leinart, Steve Smith, Ty Detmer, McMahon, etc, etc to work with....Hawaii will never have that talent, the triple option or run and shoot are the only proven offenses to work here.

Do you guys know what it is like to hear Fresno State Media come on our local radio here and talk about their Run and Shoot??? How their HC hated June Jone's run and shoot so much that he swore he would implement it when he becomes HC? How Fresno is putting 50 on us like we used to put on them? How Fresno fans are more excited than they have ever been and are talking undefeated season????

We also had probably the best young run and shoot disciple out there and previous June Junes QB Nick Rolovich on our staff under McMackin. Where is he now? Nevada, and guess what? They now have a run and shoot variation with a TOP 25 offense.

Where is the best young DC in the nation now? Arranda? Wisconsin, after he did a hell of a job at Utah State last year..... Hawaii let the two best young coordinators go, wtf??????

So three teams Hawaii has killed for a decade adopts Hawaii's offense, and what does Hawaii do? Go back to their crap offenses that doesn't work......geeeeeeezus fugging chcdkasj........

Hawaii and their Ohio State QB are "supposed" to air it out this year.......I don't care how big of an arm this guy has, you can't throw without an offensive line. Early word is the defense has been killing the offense.

By all accounts, Hawaii is vastly improved over last year, which isn't saying much when you see our only wins were over Lamar, Southwest Northern Central Alabama, and UNLV.....

I am very high on USC, and would be shocked if Hawaii stays within 4 Tds of them.....

Appreciate the writeup. Glad to see we see the game the same way

Sorry the program has fallen so far

it is my belief that when you have a big favorite week 1 that you WANT a two qb system. There will be aggressive quality snaps all four quarters as he gets both QB's work. If USC had heart and people could back them on their talent level then this thing is sitting at four td .. but alas .. they are classic California pretty boys with lots of Hollywood and little substance. They are gonna have to work hard to shave this game down under 24.

Great thread,wd and thanks guys :shake:

After lys shitshow you have to think sc come out focused here and dont enjoy the holiday too much.

GL everyone.

Off The Board at my local

anyone know what up?

Unless this kid is such a pussy and I laid into him lol....doubt it, but anyone see anything? Cant be the QB situation huh?

Back