US Open Thread

I remember that, something about milos must throw him off...maybe it's his neatly combed hair, murray likes messy

What does everyone make of the big line move against Berdych? Was at -200 yesterday and down to -150 this morning? There was a similar move against Wawa yesterday.

Berdych has looked great this tourney and was particularly dominant the last time out. Cilic had his hands full with Simon last match. Berdych is 5-3 all time vs. Cilic and they have split matches this year with Berdych winning on an indoor hard court and Cilic winning on Clay. I'm inclined to play Berdych based on how good he's looked but the line move scares me a lot.

difficult to predict the winner I think it's more of a 50-50 game so I agree with the line moves as I took cilic +160 yesterday. I think we have at least 4 sets but I would be scared to play the over because they had quite a few 6-1 6-2 sets in their h2h and maybe it will need 5 sets to get over. but yes berdych has been impressive as well, may the best win!

Took berdych... Better form n have seen players in long previous matches struggle... Wawa just thought kei would hand him the W yesterday n totally tightened up ... Still dont understand why he bunted 95% of the returns kei just destroyed those balls... N when he hit his return usually good things happen... Think books are just adjustin line as ppl prob hit cilic + money but i think berdych handles cilic n u see some fatigue from the big man

Yes I agree Stan was too passive yesterday and in the end Nishikori deserved the win; could be a great match vs djoko but I don't remember well their 2 match-ups, one win each.
To me Berdych is the slight favorite here but worth noting that Cilic won the last match vs Berdych this year at Wimbledon in straight sets, the only meeting between the 2 in a Grand Slam

i don't really buy the fatigue factor, these guys play at a top tier level and the reason why they are top 20 is cause they can endure long matches.
It's another thing if the person is actually ill such as a flu, food poisoning, etc. That will dehydrate you very quickly.
But I've seen so many players who look gas but then just continue to win....eg Joker

I agree there TM, look at Nishikori the last few days... Absolutely amazing. I bet the guy won an extra few hundred thousand in the last three days. Definitely worth effort

playing Berdych 1st set ML (-130)

Cilic off that 5 setter and I think he will need that 1st set just to get his legs warmed up. Berdych has only dropped two sets all tournament and neither were the 1st. Also Hoping Berdych doesn't show up and play tampon tennis like he often does

early break by Cilic!

i'm on o42.5 can't pick a side, just think both will easily give each other a set so banking on a war

so glad I laid off this one. just a small bet on the over 41 (not looking good) and Cilic +1.5 sets.

I'm shocked how bad Berdych is playing.

lmao the Berdych that we all expected to see finally arrived...just after I put $100 on him. Typical of Birdshit.

The day Federer can't beat Monfeces in a Slam is the day he should retire. In 3 previous Slam meetings, Feces had one 1 set, and every one of those meetings was on clay, Roger's worst surface (as if it needed saying).

What a match!! Monfils almost did it in the 4th, I really thought it was over for Roger when he had those 2 match points against him.. Monfils played very good up to that point, then the match shifted completely

I dunno wozy is playin lights out n peng wont do anything to hurt her.... I agree with over in serena think makarova can keep it close but always tough gettin infront of the serena train- capable of blowin any player off the court.. Hopin makarova isnt nervous n gets down early- could b trouble- hopin the lefty spin gives serena some issues...

I believe all but 1 of Serena's matches have been Under (I saw 17.5 for Kanepi's match, totaled 18 games; but my home book doesn't have pushes and Over was juiced, so elsewhere the line was possibly 18.0), so Joe Blow has been conditioned to fear taking Overs with her. I think this final will be a 3 setter, but I'll take the Over rather than bet it to be 3 sets specifically, because obv. you can win the total with it being a 2 setter. Serena's last 10 HC matches have seen 9 2-set demolitions, and 1 3-setter: who was the latter against? Wozniacki (2-6 6-2 6-4). I think this only fails to cash if Woz loses her shit for the fact she's in a Slam final against Serena. In women's tennis you can never say never, maybe Woz too will end up crying on court as her shit gets pushed in. Everything else says we should enjoy a great final.

fwiw, Serena did the same thing in last year's Open: demolished everyone in the lead up and consequently made Over a scary bet to take for the final, then delivered a 30+ game affair...
View attachment 36824

take that fucking joker down kei...I tuned in during the 4th set tm, I got kei at even money...he completely outplayed joker

take that fucking joker down kei...I tuned in during the 4th set tm, I got kei at even money...he completely outplayed joker

man i dude he was destroyed in 2nd set he was so slow in each point and just had this look of bewilder meant. Joker did what he want and I thought uh oh the 6-1 6-1 6-1 is coming.
So when I mentioned earlier that if Kei could get 4 points in a set that would be just shocking.

Kei just pulled a Joker, looks dead and bam.
Just give him the fucking title, I don't think anyone else in the Semi's has played some ridiculous tennis than this dude.

Back