US Open Thread

I wished I watched the whole thing...I saw some of the 3rd set and then almost the whole 4th...kei was only -140 to win the 4th set when he was up 4-2...he is playing great tennis

very possible, fed had a lead on kei...i think in the last major, and kei came back on him in a marathon

love how the CBS stat says "Kei Nishikori is the first player from Asia to go to a Grand Slam final"
Ummm even though Chang is American he also is just as Asian as Kei lol

cilic kei finals....... i want kei but with the way cilic serving going to be very tough to beat 1 break and its done would have been interested to see how novak woulda handled em..... kei doesnt get alot of free points off his serve and probably will have more stressful time holding then Marin that being said just think hes playing too good and his power will be to much although i though stanimal woulda overpowered kei and that didnt happen

wow kei opened as a small -113 fav on pinny....... hmmmmm thats pretty telling who the books like i woulda thought cilic woulda came in at -150 -175

i dont think roger played all that bad..... cilic served amazing.... i dont know if anyone beats him serving like that.... i mean federer had small openings but it wasnt like he gave the match away..... still pretty shocked kei came in as a small fav.... i guess if he can get back to neutral after the serve hes at the adv his groundies have been AMAZING

wow kei opened as a small -113 fav on pinny....... hmmmmm thats pretty telling who the books like i woulda thought cilic woulda came in at -150 -175

wow me too, considering Kei is coming off 2 5 setters a mentally pressured 4 setter, not having really played before this tournament. Just how much he's got left in the tank both physically and mentally is to be questioned.

i dont think roger played all that bad..... cilic served amazing.... i dont know if anyone beats him serving like that.... i mean federer had small openings but it wasnt like he gave the match away..... still pretty shocked kei came in as a small fav.... i guess if he can get back to neutral after the serve hes at the adv his groundies have been AMAZING

agreed here, this was a very quick match and Fed really didn't have time to really figure out a game plan, it was boom boom boom. Cilic kept him guessing and his power was just too much. As you said Fed didn't play bad Cilic just played a level above, converting his serves and making great passing shots too. Wasn't fazed mentally, kept his cool.
Goran is loving it!

Wozniacki - 10 UE's to 1 winner (an ace). The only thing missing is the crying. Yet another woman who can't handle Slam finals.

I feel like this is going to be an absolute EPIC match. Problem is it won't be in the press because its not a Nadal/Murray/Federer/Djokovic

As a normal fan and you bought tickets for the finals, your expecting to see one the greats. Then you get a Nishikori/Cilic match. The random fan would be super disappointed.

Back