US Open Discussion Thread

LFGGGGGGG took Tsonga to win and Cilic +1.5 with the C3-2 + and T3-2+ Could be a nice one if Joe Willy can slap this down

Of course Joe showed his best from behind 2 sets, when he was expected to lose & the overall match pressure wasn't there. Now he has something to lose again the pressure is back.

Vinci's post game interview was exceptional viewing material.

Pancetta is gonna fry her tomorrow. How do you come back after this victory and win a final? I don't see it

I missed everything. Surprised Pennetta won so easily; shocked Vinci won & after losing the 1st set, too. What was she live then, anyone? 30-1? higher?

Halep looked exhausted, virtually none of her shots were deep in the court and Pannetta was just teeing off

Halep looked exhausted, virtually none of her shots were deep in the court and Pannetta was just teeing off

Halep has shown a tendency to put in horrible performances when exiting a HC slam. Pennetta follows in the footsteps of Makarova (6-4 6-0) & Cibulkova (6-3 6-0) in hammering her to kick her out of a HC Slam within the last 2 years. Exhaustion &/or her injury flaring might've been factors, but this has become a trend for her now. One can't use the same excuse in every instance.

Yeah no excuses, she legitimately looked like she had no zip on anything, looked mentally defeated the whole match, literally everything was so short or into the net. Too bad because that last match was the best one I've seen in the women's tournament this year.

Back