US Open Discussion Thread

Thoughts on cilic/tsonga?

fwiw - I was listening to a match of his 2 rounds back (USO radio cut over to his from the WTA match I was tuned in for) and the commentator said that the big difference between Cilic of last year's title run & this Cilic was his lack of going forward this year/staying around the baseline. He thought that his lack of getting forward was a flaw.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm already on Tsonga. Think he's playing better than cilic with or without cilics injury. Think tsonga wins in 4

rolled with cilic..... like serena -4.5 and in the mens i like joker -7.5 but jeez he has not looked himself and wonder if O 30.5 is safer route....... any opinions?>

rolled with cilic..... like serena -4.5 and in the mens i like joker -7.5 but jeez he has not looked himself and wonder if O 30.5 is safer route....... any opinions?>

I think when he looked patchy at Wimbledon I posted that he maybe getting stale. Or it maybe that the early rounds have become such a procession for him that he gets bored, and it's hard for him to stay energised (= produce his best) as a result. But when it came to the crunch end of that Slam he certainly resumed normal service. Hard to believe he won't do so here. Still, I'm only dealing with the men via live as of now.

-7.5 really isnt askin much and ashe has a history of playing slower 6-4 -6-2 6-4 is very doable.... but he looked out of sorts vs batista agut and he shoulda really rolled em and batista was pushin em around...... still think joker gets into Lopez serve and if/ when he does lopez is done hes only shot is to serve big and go for the 1-2 punch after serve.... he isnt goin to win many rallies from baseline esp with that backhand

Story of his career. I wonder how much losing that AO final to the Joker when he was a set up screwed his mind for the rest of his career since.

well if it did shame on him everyone has a bad loss but hes had other opportunities to get to GS final and give him shot to win ... hes another that just makes the dumbest decisions at the crucial moments... IE going for broke when he has a break point

Joe always strikes me as a guy who looks like hes's got the weight of the world on his shoulders when he's playing in a big match. Never seems like he's capable of reveling in the moment, everything instead is a burden.

Joe always strikes me as a guy who looks like hes's got the weight of the world on his shoulders when he's playing in a big match. Never seems like he's capable of reveling in the moment, everything instead is a burden.

pressure of being fav at this stage..... not comfortable

How did I fail to recognise this before now.

Yesterday Britain had Murray & Konta exit within a short time period of each other. Today it's France's turn.

Only match I won't watch today is the Williams. Expecting nothing more than an exhibition there

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: linesHeader, colspan: 3"]Live In-Play Tennis [/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"]Spread[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"]Money Line[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader"]Total Points[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader, colspan: 2"] [/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>US Open - Live In Play wagering during every commercial break - Internet Only</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesCommentsRow"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<cite>winner must win 3 sets for action</cite>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Tue 9/8[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]151 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_0" name="radiox" type="radio">+290 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]