US Open Discussion Thread

Vinci served for a 5-2 2nd set lead after winning the 1st 6-1, and lost 7-5. Cue another WTA meltdown from someone who has little excuse for it.

Her title was a brutal array of names she had to get by. It was a massive win = a massive high. And then she received a lot of home media attention for it afterwards. All that shit sucks energy out of someone who's yet to grow up. Bouchard talked about the process of learning to deal with media attention at her presser after her Hercog win, though there it was in the context of negative attention for her poor form, and how she dealt with it. Bencic would've been better off just getting a couple of wins under her belt in Canada for the sake of her chances here, as I see it.

I want to move to Cali. What a ridiculous lifestyle. I don't know why people rave about going to France and Italy when there's so many beautiful places right here.

apparently the match between Muguruza & Konta was the WTA's longest ever time wise in Flushing Meadows history (3 hrs, 26 min).

Mladenovic/Makarova is an interesting one. If the Russian's injury was more cramps than actual injury, then the Frenchie is in Svitolina's boat: game not yet rounded enough to beat Ekaterina on the HC of New York. A legitimately wounded Maka, and it's hard to ignore the blonde. Odds will tell us the story.

Back