US Open Discussion Thread

I've got +200 for Genie to break next game. Cibu fails to break here, I'm backing against her holding off what would be a devastating failure.

adv. Genie

problem for women off energy sapping games is the one who has to serve next game has little energy for decent serves, cue the break-a-thons that occur.

I struggle see how Bouchard loses this match if she keeps her head. Cibu winning the 2nd set spending the amount of energy she has, she's invited an extended flat patch to hit her sometime during the coming 3rd, because not even she has bottomless stocks of energy to call upon. As long as Genie keeps her head (aka doesn't commit a mountain of UE), she'll win on the back of taking advantage of the lull her opponent has invited. Pretty much the same thing happened to Hercog: spent a ton of energy to win the 2nd after losing the 1st, then her energy ran flat in the 3rd. The heat factor plays into the likelihood of a Cibu lull.

at 15-30 serving for the set, her energy levels already seem to be taking a hit.

genie has missed on 2 or 3 smash hits right in to the net, and looks at her people at it after every time

Genie had 7 UE in that set to 13 by Cibu. Genie's opponent was almost twice as bad as she was on that front. (winners were 12-11 Cibu, nothing separating them there.)

I think there are different types of UEs though, plus when Cibu makes one she wasnt reacting as poorly as Genie

I have to put something on +140 for Genie. Cibu looked tired finishing that set. Only a mental meltdown imo will see Genie lose: that's well possible given her recent history outside of this Slam, but all the signs to date inside this USO have been good. I'll pay some to see it happen.

Back