US Open Discussion Thread

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Last GS of the year is upon us! I personally think this is the best one, I mean who doesn't love watching GS tennis under the lights!

Serena gunning for a year GS, I am excited but also not because the women's field sucks balls. Serena come GS time at Flushing is close to impossible to beat...3 time defending champion, last time she lost was in the finals 2011 to Stosur...yeah Stosur...since that it's been domination. Now I also think it comes down to just smart calender planning. By this time a ton of the women have played and traveled a lot to get into the tour finals. Serena always preps ahead for the US and I really don't see anyone touching her.

The men's side is really Djokovic''s to lose. He will most certainly want to avoid Stan though, I do think he's still got Fed's number.
Kei @ 4 seed is fucking hilarious, dude will not win his bracket.
Is Nadal going to even make it past the first week?
I'm not too sure what to make of Murray, hope he destroys Kygrios though.

Bouchard is still fucking fade material, lol 25th Seed and a dog to Riske.
I do like Cibulkova as a live dog vs Ivanovic though.
Safarova is wayyyyy too high

What are your thoughts?

Doing my prep work for the 1R now. Various thoughts, but one of the key ones is this:

Time to look to fade Muguruza off her Wimby disappointment.

Ana won 17 of the last 22 points played in the 2nd set. Mammoth meltdown by Cibu (who had 3 BP chances for a 4-1 lead), given prob. at least 10-12 of those 17 pts were her UE.

ya cibby BH really went flat.... picked it up in the 3rd..... going to be who can hold there nerve n serve.. hopefully cibby can stay ahead keep pressure on AnA

Big hold to get to 5-2.......... Hopefully she breaks here to finish her off worst case she has another chance to break at 5-4 should she lose her serve and cant hold

SHE PLAYED WELL.... got behind in her service games showed some poise..... goin against grain and takin NADULL tonight

Gonna make this the in-game, as well as place for any random discussion, for the US Open.

Tsurenko up a break in the 1st, threatening a 2nd break for a 5-2 lead. Saffy maybe heading for her fall earlier than even I thought.

Come on Kudla.....

hes the first favorite I bet on so far. Dogs are definitely the way to go.

was really tempted to lay -1100 with Murray but then I woke up

damn i almost threw some ml on tsuernko

I'm not happy I delayed my fade of her, but to be fair it looks like the weather is playing a big part in her lethargy, and I had no idea conditions would be like this (maybe I could/should have). A mountain of UE explains what's happening here, not Tsurenko playing her off the court.

i took govortosva ........ wins 1st 6-1 n now bout to get bageled.... would love to know if its her playing or begu rising

I do so much better betting on sports when I'm on vacation. It's really strange

That just tells me I overthink things too much

Looking at the draw, Tsurenko should play Lepchenko, and should be overrated given this result. Varvara will be worth looking at.

Heat has caused Flipkens to take a medical time out. Erakovic quit her match against Halep down a set & 3-0, presumably because of the heat as well. Seems to be a critical factor winning that 1st set today.

So much mental midgetry on the women's side it's more a contest than a sport, like darts

Back