Umpires and such

Hollywood Beaker

Stalking the umps
Welcome back, boys! Let the stalking begin! :tiphat:

Won't be around much for day 1 but I figured I'd get the thread going.

Stu Scheurwater has been promoted to fulltime MLB status.

Dale Scott announced his retirement in December due to a concussion he suffered in April after taking a foul ball off his face mask. He never returned in 2017.

Just a reminder to all that they are using humidor this year in Zona...I've seen estimates of up to 9% decrease in expected offense....

I see those estimates but then I see how coors still a hitters paradise, was it really worse at coors before? I can't remember or even know what year they started using there?

Unique thing with the day game angle to me is they are mostly get away games, Opening Day just a bit different (obv that's using the getaway/under angle which doesn't apply here). I've always liked Demuth as more an over guy not that I'm playing that total.

Unique thing with the day game angle to me is they are mostly get away games, Opening Day just a bit different (obv that's using the getaway/under angle which doesn't apply here). I've always liked Demuth as more an over guy not that I'm playing that total.

interesting point.... its opening day so I am rusty :D... here you are

7 of the 9 games in the original post were the last game of the series.....

1522348718674.png

Reactions: KJ
interesting point.... its opening day so I am rusty :D... here you are

7 of the 9 games in the original post were the last game of the series.....

Interesting the two that weren't last games ended up w/8 runs and total of 8.5...today's total? 8.5

Maybe an exact total of 8 wager lol

Layne strong for home team in April

season >= 2013 and H and HPU = Jerry Layne and month < 5
SU:
18-5 (2.30, 78.3%) avg line: -128.7 / 116.1 on / against: +$1,195 / -$1,285 ROI: +37.8% / -50.1%

RL: 15-8 (1.46, 65.2%) avg line: 132.0 / -145.7 on / against: +$1,235 / -$1,399 ROI: +49.7% / -40.3%

OU: 14-9-0 (0.17, 60.9%) avg total: 7.9 over / under: +$420 / -$585 ROI: +16.3% / -23.4%

http://killersports.com/mlb/query?su=1&ou=1&sdql=season+>=+2013+and+H+and+HPU=Jerry+Layne+and+month+<5&submit=++S+D+Q+L+!++

I see those estimates but then I see how coors still a hitters paradise, was it really worse at coors before? I can't remember or even know what year they started using there?
Without pulling numbers I am pretty confident that the rpg dropped significantly after the change. That being said, in the current climate with the "juiced" ball, flyball swing there is no doubt that Coors with such spaciousness gonna be a haven for runs regardless. It's not just HR's, the amount of space to cover in that field is ridiculous for the outfielders. Also the humidor can account for the balls density but the reduced rotation on it due to altitude and the psychological and physiological affects it has on pitchers is another matter altogether!

So tentative early season, I am pretty sure I saw Rox/Zona at 9' yesterday. Now 8. That's a huge swing for total w/ no pitcher change, lineup change. Will be a feeling out period for sure!

Back