Tyson Trade RESCINDED

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="s_playerNewsText">Tyson Chandler, who was traded to Oklahoma City on Tuesday, failed to pass his physical and has rejoined the Hornets, the team announced Wednesday.
"We welcome Tyson back with open arms," GM Jeff Bower said. Chandler has missed 12 games with a severely sprained left ankle and it must be a big enough concern that the Thunder didn't feel like messing with it. This makes for an awkward situation in New Orleans, and puts owner George Shinn back in jeopardy of paying the luxury tax this summer. Joe Smith, center Chris Wilcox and Devon Hardin will rejoin the Thunder. Feb. 18 - 11:00 pm et
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune </td> <td class="s_playerNewsRightBorder">
pixel.gif
</td> <td>
pixel.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td>
pixel.gif
</td> <td style="background: rgb(255, 255, 255) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="10">
left_corner_bt_player_news.gif
</td> <td style="background: rgb(255, 255, 255) url(../images/bottom_border_player.gif) repeat-x scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;">
pixel.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table>

hahaha saw that...very bizarre:

February 18, 2009

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that center Tyson Chandler will return to the Hornets after the original trade to the Oklahoma City Thunder was rescinded. The Thunder's medical staff failed to clear Chandler after the physical.

"We welcome Tyson back with open arms," said Hornets General Manager Jeff Bower. "We went into this trade to garner more frontcourt depth to add to our team as we continue our push towards the playoffs. We expect Tyson and the rest of our big guys to step up to the challenge."

Forward Joe Smith, center Chris Wilcox and the draft rights to center Devon Hardin will immediately rejoin the Thunder.

Chandler is averaging 8.8 points and 8.3 rebounds this season through 32 games (all starts). He averaged a career-best 11.8 points to go along with 11.7 rebounds in 79 games (all starts) for the Hornets last season.

Chandler will re-join the Hornets in Los Angeles before their game against the Lakers on Friday.

The Thunder say that his ankle is "too badly sprained" to help them this year..

hmm.......(shrug)

Playoffs on the horizon...more NBA confusion.

this is what made me wonder why OKC would have accepted the trade in the first place. they knew he was hurt going into it.

Boston just jumped for joy.

Bingo.

Not to mention what sort of chemistry issues come up now for New Orleans. Owner trying to dump salary. This can go two ways, hopefully for them he comes out to prove a point(he being Chandler).

Bingo.

Not to mention what sort of chemistry issues come up now for New Orleans. Owner trying to dump salary. This can go two ways, hopefully for them he comes out to prove a point(he being Chandler).

if by proving a point you mean sulking and continuing to be a perpetual letdown, i agree.

Very well could be. One good season basically and that was with a star PG absolutely feeding him.

Waste of talent.

if boston gets chandler and he is healthy enough to play some impactful minutes, theyre gonna be damn tough to stop.

How would Boston get Chandler? Excuse me if I missed something since this afternoon as I haven't been able to look at everything. The reason I say that is they zero assets to sell off really. They are trying to give other teams junk and so far it isn't selling. But, as I said earlier, I think a very good chance along with Cleveland they get Joe Smith.

i think he thought i meant boston was jumping for joy because they might be able to get chandler.

there's a reason chandler was going to okc: he could either hit or miss and his salary slips from the books in 2010. had nothing to do with building around him or even making him a complimentary player.

the guy is garbage.

ya i thought boston might be interested based on what titan said.

i still think he has some good years left if he can get 100% healthy. thats a big if though.

Joe,

I think it all depends on what happens tomorrow. That being said, I think you guys would have inside track. He's a bust as anumber one pick but a great 7th,8th or 9th man off the bench. Your interior defense could use him.

Back