Tyler Skaggs autopsy

Retburj13

SpongeBob Squarecapper
damn...makes you think about how prevelant drug/opiod use is amongst players...he had enuff in his body to choke an elephant.

i get it why they do it but i think about NFL players for pain management but not so much MLB let alone pitchers.

was he just partying and if so who else was there or was he alone...seems there may be more to the story.

(CNN)
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died by choking on vomit after using drugs and alcohol, according to the Tarrant County, Texas, medical examiner's office.
Opioids, including fentanyl, oxycodone and oxymorphone, were found in his system, as well as alcohol, according to toxicology results.
Skaggs, 27, was found dead at a Hilton hotel in Southlake, Texas, on July 1. The autopsy was performed the following day.
CNN has reached out to the Los Angeles Angels and Skaggs' family for comment.

The report says his death has been ruled an accident.

8a91d75f743f43dea18b839bc38b40cb_md.jpg

It's interesting, the autopsy says, when Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room, he was "clothed in black denim jeans, a black belt with white metal decorations and decorated white buckle, red boxer shorts, black socks and dark brown western boots." The description sounds a lot like what Skaggs was wearing on the team plane, when the Angels dressed in western gear as they flew from California to Texas on June 30.

As we reported ... Tyler was found dead in his team hotel room July 1, when the Angels were in Texas to play the Rangers.

Tyler's family issued a statement Friday, inferring an Angels employee might have been involved in the tragic incident.

The Skaggs family says ... “We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol. That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much."

The statement continues ... “We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler’s death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us.”

Very sad for his family, I just wish someone who was with him had the presence of mind to have looked out for him.

This is just really sad to see this happen to a young talented man and his family. It must be endlessly frustrating to perceive something as easily preventable while the consequences for not preventing it are final and fatal

Obviously more facts will come out but I find it odd that the family is basically calling someone out in the organization. They made it sound like it’s a older person that supplied alcohol or drugs to a minor. This is a grown man.

yeah i don't like the family's statement, but can understand almost anything coming out of them in a time of grief.

Wonder if they're insinuating a member of the training staff was the pusher, but after all the media coverage of the TB Bucs medical staff giving away painkillers like candy I'd think that doesn't happen anymore without logs. Kinda like how a pharmacist would never be such an idiot cuz it's so traceable

Back