Desean Jackson got released

I guess it is generational. Times have probably changed in this regard and I am just being old school or something. My friends ( roughly same age ) are completely in line with me ( though it isn't like I have talked to many of them about this so a small sample ) about taking a vacation before starting work. I even let family know things like graduations, weddings etc are at the whim of scheduling regarding work.... let alone a vaca ,,,, especially given the amount of time this guy has to actually have it compared to a normal job ( sans teachers or something ).

I will let it go though ... still think he is just not a very good player at this point ( was a great college player ) but maybe he will have extra motivation to perform and toe the line this season. Hopefully I can bump this at the end of the year like my Cam will never win a playoff game bump ( even last year with 2nd rated defense in the league ) that gratifies me to no end.

I can understand you believing that DeSean is overated. The whole you don't think he's good makes me scratch my head though. How does a WR that isn't good have 1300 yards and lead the league in big gains by a large margin?

Oh he has big play capability ..... but I have a hard time thinking he is great when he ends up with less targets than Riley Cooper on the same team.

Skins should be trailing a lot this year so he will get some stats assuming he shows up for work

How does a WR that isn't good have 1300 yards and lead the league in big gains by a large margin?

chip-kelly-not-all-of-them-have-dropped-weight.jpg

Oh he has big play capability ..... but I have a hard time thinking he is great when he ends up with less targets than Riley Cooper on the same team.

Skins should be trailing a lot this year so he will get some stats assuming he shows up for work

MeSean had 42 more targets, 35 more catches, and 500 more yards.....what do you mean?

Poor Chip is in for a rude awakening this year. He believes he can roll into the season with Cooper and Maclin as his wideouts?

Who were all the great wide outs he had at Oregon?

Maclin was gonna eat into Jacksons targets...as was Sproles...and Ertz as he becomes a bigger piece of the passing game. DeSean just wasnt worth the money for what he was (especially considering Vick wouldnt be there to keep him in line and he woulda been bitching about his money...and we already witnessed him shut it down for a year when he wasnt happy last time)

It wasnt really a difficult decisions when you couple that with the locker room stuff and the off the field stuff and the WR depth in the draft and the fact that hes one more of these from never playing again:

179278838.gif

And the missing the OTAs isnt a big deal in and of itself but its indicative of the larger attitude problem and how he acts & carries himself. He doesnt get it and he never will - everythings always about him. Good luck with all that

I don't think the type of offense that Chip ran at Oregon has a barring on what he runs in the NFL.

MeSean is obviously going to be a self absorbing prima donna like most WRs, but for the Eagles to give that up is a huge risk. A lot of what they ran last year was successful bc they had the big play ability of MeSean and how the defense had to pay attention to him. Here is an article that gets into it a little bit. http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/09/desean-jackson-impact-washington-redskins/?eref=sihp. It may work out for them, time will tell.

Im sure Maclin will be a pretty good WR and Ertz looks like he will be a decent receiving TE, but how much will the offense suffer (or adjust) to not having one of the best down field threats in the NFL forcing the safties to pay attention to wear MeSean lines up?

I don't really buy the off the field stuff. That is more being used to soften the blow with Eagles fans. (imo) The same team employed Michael Vick, Riley Cooper, Bryce Brown, Carey Williams. And Chip Kelly is far from a saint himself.

There's a difference between having issues with the team and outside it

Desean has issues inside the team

Ray Lewis killed a guy in his spare time but was nothing but a great teammate

No one has ever said Vick was a bad teammate

There's a difference between having issues with the team and outside it

Desean has issues inside the team

Ray Lewis killed a guy in his spare time but was nothing but a great teammate

No one has ever said Vick was a bad teammate

Agreed, thats why I said the off the field stuff is bullshit.

So you agree that MeSean is and will continue to be a shitty teammate and locker room headache in Washington, Dollaz?

So you agree that MeSean is and will continue to be a shitty teammate and locker room headache in Washington, Dollaz?

Im sure he will. Won't matter if he produces on the field though.

Or maybe he will "somewhat" grow up like MeAngelo.

It might not matter to you, but I think it'll matter to his teammates. Don't forget, the 1200 yards that he might bring to the team is a fraction of the total offense, and if he's fucking with other peoples games, well then yeah, it will matter.

Last edited:
It might not matter to you, but I think it'll matter to his teammates. Don't forget, the 1200 yards that he might bring to the team is a fraction of the total offense, and if he's fucking with other peoples games, well then yeah, it will matter.

How did it matter to Eagles last tear when they won division? How about TO? randy Moss? Chad Johnson?

There arent 53 angels on any Football team. Evrybody knows it. If u win no one cares. If u dont, the media blames "the locker room"

Do you think Chip had angels at Oregon?

@SheilKapadia: McCoy on DeSean: "I think anybody that tells you that they’re happy about it, I don’t know how honest that would be.:

@SheilKapadia: More McCoy on DeSean: "When you say he didn’t bond with the team, I don’t know what that means because I was a teammate and we bonded."

Almost 2 weeks later he signs wit tha foreskins, now 1 niggga is speaking up for this fool? An of course tha local foreskin homers are quick fast ready to post that shit. If he was liked or loved in tha locker room u would have seen more nigggas by now speak tha fuck up about him

Fixed your post
Almost 2 weeks later he signs wit Washington, now 0 nigggas are publicly attaching their name to anything about him being a bad teammate. An of course tha resident Washington hater is quick fast ready to deny a named player's statement and accept the comments of anonymous sources. If he was hated or as bad a teammate as you say it wouldn't be 2wks later and only "anonymous lockerroom" sources dropping quotes, someone would have attached their name & by now speak tha fuck down about him

Come on kid, take those homer glasses off. U know damn well if this wasn't ur team u would be sayin what gods sayin. Pro bowl player gets cut and almost 2 weeks after he signs wit a new team only 1 player is backin they former teammate? If he was loved on tha team more nigggas would be speaking up, an u know this man

NAMED former teammates defending DJax:2
NAMED former teammates downing DJax:0

Your move......

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/04/15/wake-call-30/
Wake-Up Call: Coleman Backs DeSean
BY TIM MCMANUS | APRIL 15, 2014 AT 6:30 AM

Kurt Coleman defended former teammate DeSean Jackson on his way out the door.

Coleman, who has agreed to terms with the Vikings, joined NFL Radio on Sirius XM Monday and talked about Jackson’s release and the notion that he was a problem in the locker room.

“I think Philadelphia is going to miss him big time,” said Coleman. “I find it troubling to hear some of the stories — and I don’t know who is really putting them out there. I thought DeSean was a good guy in the locker room. He was someone I could talk to and could relate to.

"Did he kind of do his own thing? Yeah. But we kind of all do our own thing in our own way. But when it came game time I would talk to him every game and I would ask him, 'Is 10-mode on?' And there was no question. He would give 100 percent. He would take those big hits for the team. And he was one of those guys that you wanted to play every Sunday because the explosiveness, the X-factor that he brought to a team is [unmatched]. I think Philadelphia is going to miss him."

Coleman is the second former teammate to back Jackson in recent days. On Saturday, LeSean McCoy disputed the narrative that Jackson was a malcontent that needed to go.

"I think anybody that tells you that they’re happy about it, I don’t know how honest that would be," McCoy said.

A report by CBS Philly portrayed Jackson as "blatantly insubordinate" and quoted unnamed Eagles sources that suggested the receiver was more trouble than he was worth. That feeling was not shared by everyone in the building.

"I can't say anything bad about him," said Coleman. "I think it's unfortunate the rap that he got."

The Eagles have yet to comment on the matter.

Sounding more & more like The "Genius" doesn't value the WR in his system & couldn't see shelling out the bucks long term for a position he doesn't value. Needed an "excuse" to refocus money. And before you bring up the Maclin & the "I'll beat every n****'s in here" contracts, Maclin is on a 1yr $5.25m "show me you can stay healthy" deal & Riley KKKooper won't see any money in his deal past 2015. (Notice his deal is almost ALL salary? Makes it easy to dump with no cap hit)

just be be a man Chip & say "I think I'm an effing genius, I can get any WR to play in my offense, so I got 2 for the price of Desean. Plus DJax scared me, he's not docile like Alan Wes err I mean Jeremy Maclin. How I do things I'm gonna need that money for defense cuz they will be out there a lot"

Dont be a pussy & use rumors, innuendo & downright lies to discredit a man, potentially harm his career to justify a salary cap move. MEN don't do that

NAMED former teammates defending DJax:3
NAMED former teammates downing DJax:0

Yall wanna keep going or just shut the fuck up forever about this "bad" teammate ish? Cuz right now y'all look silly

Foles: DeSean was a 'great teammate to me'

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/foles-desean-was-great-teammate-me

Nick Foles was the honorary captain for the Soul on Saturday before the team's home opener at the Wells Fargo Center.

The Eagles' quarterback also fielded questions about his football team -- specifically its decision to cut ties with Pro Bowl wide receiver DeSean Jackson.

"You know, it's surprising," Foles said to Comcast SportsNet's Derrick Gunn, referring to the Eagles' decision to release Jackson. "But at the same time, you learn that it's a business. It's a tough business, at times. We develop a lot of friendships on a team and I've had many of my close teammates let go. It's very tough, but at the same time, you know it's part of the game, part of the business."

Was Jackson disruptive on the field or in the locker room?

"He was a great teammate to me," Foles said. "We had a great relationship on and off the field. Everybody has other things going on, but to me personally, I really enjoyed playing with him and I'm excited that he landed on his feet. He's a heck of a player."

Despite Jackson signing with the Redskins, Foles is happy for his former teammate and will miss him.

"You wish them well. He landed on his feet and I know he's going to do well," Foles said. "He's a great player, he's been tremendous for me. But at the same time, we have to keep moving forward as an organization. But I do wish DeSean well. I had a blast playing with him."

Jackson’s departure leaves the Eagles with just two receivers -- Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin -- who have at least 60 career receptions and six career touchdowns. The Eagles must replace not only Jackson, but also Jason Avant.

"It will be interesting but I know that [the front office] is going to do a great job doing it," Foles said. "Another teammate that I love dearly is Avant, but he landed on his feet. I spoke to him the other day and I'm excited for his new journey. I know he's going to make a great impact there for [the Carolina Panthers] as he has for Philadelphia.

"And I'm excited for Philadelphia. I'm excited to see what happens because we've got a great group of guys and great coaches, so it'll be a good time."

How long is RG3 even gonna be able to play in the league b4 his body is literally broke in two? Redskins fans are in for a HUGE letdown IMO. You say, "but we've already bet let down since the early 90's. How can it get any worse?" It will. Just you watch....

Back