Tuesday NBA

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Real simple approach : Fresh start goal is to be +100 without ever really having more then 5 u on a play....by the end of the month!

Sides/Totals 1-0 +2.67u
1st Q: -1.55u
1st H: +0.50
2nd H -0.65

Here's my take and some thoughts in my 1-1-2007 thread on monday nite.

Clippers @ Orlando :
It appears both teams are righting the ship so to speak. However while LAC has gone just 2-10 away it also has not played @ an Eastern Conference foe yet. Before the heat blowut the DOG had covered 12 straight times in an Orlando Magic game...Thank BetCrimes for puttingthis angle on my radar. I say that this is IMO a great indicator of misperception of a team..and in ORL's case solidifies my thoughts of how the betting public always finds value in ORL nomatter how poorly they are playing. I digress....Orl might be w/o Hill and Dooling and are 4-4 SU past 8 at home..beating shorthanded Philly and NO teams barely, beating up on a shorthanded Miami team and defeating bad road team Cleveland but as home dogs..So looking at playing Clippers +5 (some ML +178 for value) and even an over possibly...as I owuld expect this game to be played in the low to mid 90's...

Spurs @ Cavs:

As I have bee saying the biggest factor here is figuring out SA's mindset in payback situations. They have already spanked 2 teams they lost to in 2007. Regardless of that though I feel this lean is INFLATED...worst case I could see SA -1.5 but not 3.5/4. Cleveland spanked them last year at home where they ahve a great home court advantage now and have gone 3-2 SU past 5 in Cle including a narrow 2 point loss. Believe LeBron dropped 44 at home in this game...Cavs are 13-3(9-2 L11) L16 as home dogs. Home team is 4-1 ATS , Spurs are 1-4 ATS in Cle and DOG is 5-2 ATS in the series recently. SA has been playing its best ball of late and that is a plus for Cavs backers.. SA has been between -2.5 to -4.5 to a hostof teams on the road and none appear better then Cle is at home..cavs can rebound with SA and Spurs lately seem to have no answer for LeBron...Really like Cavs +4 (ML +150for value) and an over..

Golden State @ New Orleans:

Well I can say for sure I have no idea why the line went from 3 to 5. I understand how a depleted NO team must be a dog but GS is 3-11 away with injuries of their own! The Hornets have struggled vs elite teams but against medicore or worse they have been fine at home...Ellis looks out leaving Davis and MacLeod as the starting backcourt with Richardson and Roberson also out!!! Without much thought and great concern I really like NO +5 -105 / ML +175...no real opinion on the total maybe an under with so many missing..but no interest! Home team 9-1 SU past 10 meetings...
<TABLE class=data id=_ctl0__ctl0_tblTrendsHomeATS cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=2>New Orleans</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell colSpan=2>
  • <LI class=more>Hornets are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 home games vs. a team with a losing road record. <LI class=more>Hornets are 11-4-2 ATS in their last 17 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
  • Hornets are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games playing on 2 days rest.
Pho @ Chicago:

With Hinrich IN I owuld have loved Chicago here but still like them. In my opinion PHO was very lucky to walk away with a win in DET , let alone the cover! RASHEED WALLACE...what was he thinking that after each miss he was due? 4/17FGs and 0/7 2pters...oh yeah if your missing your jumpers try to getto the line right...2/2 FT's. Anyway CHI is so tough at home and PHO hasnt exactly coasted vs any Eastern teams...see NJ , See Boston ...and so on..Like the Under 214 here and the Bulls....+4 -106 and ML +150

Seattle @ Dallas:

Waiting to get more info on Diggler and Stackhouse but leans Sonics +11 and over 192...

Philly @ Denver: Sixers +7.5 -110 {5units} ML +250{1/2u}

Simply put ridiculous line! They are playing into the AI versus his former team hype...uhmm I knwo AI is better butisnt this Andre Millers former team as well?? Isnt Philly surrounding pieces especially if Webber makes ana appearance much better then Denvers surrounding pieces?? Simply pu if Den is only -7.5 to a depleted Sonics and Boston -6 how can they be this big versus Philly...its simple logic...this should be about -5.5 but cause of AI you may to much...Nuggs are 2-3 with AI and 2-1 at home culd have they faced two more shorthanded teams then Seattle and Denver?? I owuld expect a great effort from the Sixers here...remember AI is a ballhog...thinking an over with little defense being played...

Knicks @ Kings:

Not sure anyone can justify the Knicks or an over but thats how it sets up..really not into this game yet will look at sometime after the games start tonite. Basically I could see -7 here but holy Inflation!!! Knicks or pass @ +9.5 +101 / ML +445

Thats about all!! In summary all DOGS look attractive and all overs except the Under in Chicago and passes on Kings total and New Orleans total.....

The NEW BALL: basically playing with the old ball for so long it really should be a very short adjustment period for players...overs dont concern me with the new ball...I think its not a big deal...I play basketball innumerous leagues...different courts every nite and different balls...you sort of get used to each after playing there...muscle memory in a way...that after a few warms ups get the feel back..so I expect most players to be comfortable with it...unless its a mental thing!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Agree most with Philadelphia, the 76ers have a more well rounded off team, posting a lineup with many more potential scrorers. Denver still missing some key players gives Philadelphia the edge here. I wouldn't be surprised if Phily wins this game SU. It was apparant that Nuggets played a close game with the Mav's, and usually have been up and down with their current lineup. I think they fall to the 76ers.

I like your New Years theory, and your "start from scratch" approach, good luck to you sports, will probably pay close attention and try to help myself out by participating in your threads.

I have to think though that one out of every 15 shots landing in is a product of a fishy bounce.. plus there's been a ton of palming violations too... which should negate slightly less shooting percentages.

I'm happy we'll no longer have to watch bricks trickle in.. that ball sucked balls.

Plays:

Cavs +4.5 -110 {4units} Win +4.00 ML +155 {.75unit}+1.16
Clippers +5 -109 {3units}PUSH ML +170{.75u} -0.75
Warriors +5.5 -110 {3units} ML +178 {.5u}
Bulls +4 -106 {4units} ML +150{1u}
Sixers +7.5 -110 {5units} ML +250 {.75u}

Over 185 -105 Cavs {3units}-3.15
Over 184 -105 Magic {3units}-3.15
Over 193 -105 mavs {2units}
Under 214 -108 Bulls {3units}

Last edited:
CBB: fresh start 3-0 YTD...rushed these though

Marist -3 -108 {2u}L -2.16
Over 141 -102 {1u}W +1.00
Duke -14.5 -105 {2u}W+2.00
USF +17 -109 {2u} L-2.18
UMass -11 -102 {1u} -1.02 {lean over 145}
Greensboro +8.5 -109 {2u} +2.00
Under 135.5 -105 Ohio State {3u}-3.15
Under 129 -110 Arkansas {2u} +2.00
Miss St +3 -110 {2u} ML +128 {1u} -3.20

2nd Half (-1.83u)
So Miss ML -121 {1u}Push
Akron -122 {1u} -1.22
Duke -7.5 +108 {1u} +1.08
UMass -6 -110 {1u} -1.10
Marist -3 -116 {2u} -2.32
Over 73 -108 {2u} +2.00

Over 72 -115 Ohio State {2u} hedging out my original play
Ohio State -3 -113 {2u}

Last edited:
Quarter Plays

1st Quarters ML

Cavs +119 {1u}TIED
Clippers +141 {1u} +1.41
ov 46.5 -109 {1u} -1.09

missed postin the NO 1st Q ..it won though!

Sonics +3.5 +112 {1.5u} ML +240{1/2u} -2.00
Over 49.5 -122 {1u}+1.00
Bulls ML +122 {1u}+1.22
Philly +2 +108{1u} ML +164 {1u}

Last edited:
Thanks MX 259....welcome the involvement....some of my NEW YEARS resolution is to post less & handicap more...sometimes I make quick decisions when I am involved in talking about the games and the picture becomes clearer before tip..perfect example is Celts & Under last nite! BOL

Inspekadeh...Really alot of guess work involved in what the new ball will mean..old ball...whetever is....the players all like the old ball better so I think thats a plus unless they are thinking about when they are shooting..yesterday was day 1 and I didnt see anything unexpected from those games...that lucky bounce factor is negatated but few overs seem to sneak over these days... gonna be interesting...I will be more cautious with totals though...BOL bro & Happy New Year!

Xpress....I have every DOG on my radar ...is that good ,bad...who knows tell yeah in three hours how smart we are OR arent.....happy New year and BOL!

Good Luck Believe...had this at -3...so in my eyes -5 is a value play!

Bulls-Suns

I like most of your arguements, except that Chicago and Phoenix are both good offensive teams and remember, if Clev doesnt go dead for a 10 minute stretch Saturday, they win and the over still plays. Chi likes to shoot early, so does Phoenix, if either team shoots over 48%, i like the over.

KobeJames823 said:
I like most of your arguements, except that Chicago and Phoenix are both good offensive teams and remember, if Clev doesnt go dead for a 10 minute stretch Saturday, they win and the over still plays. Chi likes to shoot early, so does Phoenix, if either team shoots over 48%, i like the over.

I am sorting of hoping that Chi minus 1 offensive weapon employs DAL strategy here and tries to slow the pace..Duhon v Hinrich is a sort of a defensive for offensive swap...also still trying to advantage of a HUGE under run for Suns of late...hoping the Pistons game didnt a signal end...48%...I am done for sure

2nd Half Window.....

Sort of a hedge...

Spurs +0.5 2nd H -110 {1u}
Over 92.5 -108 {1u} why not

would take the 2nd H over but it seems a different scenario here ...1st meeting tons of FT but no one was hitting...this game hardly any FT attempts.....

Magic +4.5 -113{1u} ML +196 {1/2U}
Ov 91.5 +105 {1u}

Last edited:
what up SportsNut i like Clippers +4.5 -112 and the Over 92 +110 2H at pinny

good health on tha warriors/hornets game. good luck on all tha other nba games. witcah on miss state lets see em cash

Clippers have got themselves in a bit of foul trouble, let's hope they can keep it close. I have them @ +5 so I hope we can both cash in.

Edit: I really hope that Maggette FT miss is not going to come back and haunt us

Last edited:
Looks like the public found value once again in Orlando damnit

Guess I drank too much of the Clipper kool-aid off of 3 straight wins against sub-par teams while at home

I am suprised that LAC folded actually but folks it looks bad we have 4 minutes still and Orl is a bad FT team...

hey sportsnut i got a question about the knicks\ kings game, i want to go with ny and the points(9.5) and all the trends point to the knicks on the road in sac last 5 meetings but ive had some really bad luck the last few days, any recomendations would be greatley (needed) appreciated. right now i couldn't pick a winner if it slapped me in the face. by the way happy new year!!!!!

:cheers:

I give Maggette credit for being the only one to score for the Clips in the 4th, but those FT misses are going to kill our cover

patriotvinny said:
hey sportsnut i got a question about the knicks\ kings game, i want to go with ny and the points(9.5) and all the trends point to the knicks on the road in sac last 5 meetings but ive had some really bad luck the last few days, any recomendations would be greatley (needed) appreciated. right now i couldn't pick a winner if it slapped me in the face. by the way happy new year!!!!!

:cheers:

Hey Vin..Happy New Year !

If your going bad do you really want to involve yourself in this game? Honestly the worst feel I have had on any game is this one. Kings can blow teams out at Arco if the visitor isnt sharp. Past history show these matchup well and you worry about Artest always playing with a chip due to being passed over vs NYK in the draft.

So I think this is a big game for NY and I finally feel they are undervalued away after a couple of stinkers on the road....

Of all the games tonite though NYK is the one that would get the least recommendation from me in terms of comfort level...love the big number but dont trust NYK.

I would suggest onlybeing cautious here...BOL

thx nut will think it over a bit more, once again happy new year and i will look forward to your posts in 2007........bol

Orl is not a good FT team 75% is exceptional for them...not that I ma telling you guys anything you dont know...an 83% FT shooter going 8 of 13 is teh ball game right there...he should be 11 of 13 and that would have made it tied..I am not bitching that sports....OT would have been great though..BTW that sucks touc!

touc i feel your pain, but then again a push still burns me because that was a complete waste of time to watch a team lead for 2 quarters and then I have to glare at the yahoo gamecast in the hopes of a push. Nasty game all around especially given that the total was quite close too

Inspekdah said:
Nut, what you think about Kings UNDER? Leather ball getting no nice bounces tonight

I am really not into the leather ball much as the teams who played...I wouldnt touch an over with NY scoring 80 pts a game on the road and Sac off 119....put it that way...I just dont have much of a feel for Sac's offense..seems tough...119 ,117 and 101 in wins and 91 and 98 in losses..

Add:

Knicks +10 -110 {2.5 units} ML +440{1/2unit}

1st Q
NYK +3 +108 {1u} ML +210 {1/2u}
Over 50.5 +108 {1unit}

1st H
NYK +6.5 -107 {1u} ML +330{1/2u}

Back