Tuesday MLB Discussion

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>3.30</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>60.0</TD><TD align=right>71</TD><TD align=right>28</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>36</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.300</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>> 5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>5.02</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>37.2</TD><TD align=right>45</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>21</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>16</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.300</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Blackburn on extra rest sees his ERA balloon as well .....love to play OVERS after 1-0 games as well......

Have to play Boston even though I am not crazy about it felt they won the series and with Beckett dealing tmrw I can always bounce back with him...

We're not convincing each other of anything here. But we're on the same side (for different reasons). Maybe I'm making Saunders out to be a better pitcher than he actually is. You do make valid points about some of the teams he's faced.

Enjoyed the discussion. Go Rangers.

Twins 0-6 and 11-21 L3 years when road dogs of between 150 and 175 while Red Sox 14-2 in that role and 20-5 at home when total is 9 or 9.5 .....

Been awhile since they faced a LHSP away but have lost 7 straight away vs LHP and just 2-9 on the road vs LHP beating Buerhle and Danks badly in Chicago.....

Twins 2-9 vs LHP away and 8-3 over usually a DD number by one side in those games and Twins1-9 L10 away vs LHSP

We're not convincing each other of anything here. But we're on the same side (for different reasons). Maybe I'm making Saunders out to be a better pitcher than he actually is. You do make valid points about some of the teams he's faced.

Enjoyed the discussion. Go Rangers.

I dont think your making Saunders to be out better then he is as he is an ALL STAR . My point is the perception of who is as a SP is incorrect . Which is only my opinion. I was simply rushing my points trying to get all my plays in .

Basically I do feel he is overrated and his success is contributed to his consistency and being on the best team in a bad division . I just dont think Joe Saunders deserves big numbers in terms of spreads because he is likely to get hit by better teams. If they put LAA in that 140 -160 range where you expected I think there would be alot of BIG money players hitting up Texas for the reasons I mentioned. He just doesnt seem to shutdown good lineups and his stuff is not electric .

So watch him go shutdown Texas now.

I just think at times we fail to understand why people are successful . I think this comparision is better : Is Joe Saunders as good on the Milw Brewers as he is currently ? Since I would expect a NO answer that tells me his VALUE is determined by his situation and Texas seems like an unfavorable situation compared to what he has dealt with so far . I do think TRAPS are mostly set but our thinking rather then books . To me CC Sabathia is good everywhere and great in some places because of his ability the situation only adds to it rather then take away ....

Good chat ...and GL 2 us!:cheers:

What the hell happened to Verlanders fastball???

He has thrown fastballs of 90, 92, and 93 in the 2nd inning

Has he really lost that much??

Reds probable pitcher

421685.jpg

Aaron Harang

• #39 RHP
  • (3-10) 4.47 ERA 102 SO
Reds: Originally scheduled to face the Nationals, Harang was pushed back to Tuesday due to stiffness in his right forearm. Harang's velocity wasn't where it usually is in his last start, against the Pirates on Monday

Betcrimes, agree with all your points. Saw the lineup changes, actually anticipated them based on 'the black holes' recent contributions. Did NOT know about the wind but saw that possible T-storms might roll thru.

I still like the play though. As a long time Sawx watcher, I've seen this shit too many times. They are struggling to come thru in the clutch and I believe it will continue until after the break. That and a nearly unhittable Lester make for a solid investment IMO. I guess this is why they play the games (and encourage us to wager on said games).

Good luck on your action.

Anyone got CINNCI CUBS LINE UP?

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10 height=18>Cincinnati</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody2 align=right><TD width="22%" height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">AB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">RBI</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">LOB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="16%" colSpan=2>Season Avg </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>J. Hairston Jr. ss</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.343</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>J. Bruce cf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.273</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>K. Griffey Jr. rf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.240</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>B. Phillips 2b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.292</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>A. Dunn lf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.228</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>J. Keppinger 3b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.289</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>J. Votto 1b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.281</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>P. Bako c</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.223</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>A. Harang p</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.176</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR align=right><TD align=left> Totals</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10 height=18> Chi Cubs</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody2 align=right><TD width="22%" height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">AB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">RBI</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">LOB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="16%" colSpan=2>Season Avg </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>R. Theriot ss</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.312</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>K. Fukudome rf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.287</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>D. Lee 1b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.306</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>A. Ramirez 3b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.283</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>G. Soto c</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.289</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>J. Edmonds cf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.233</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>M. DeRosa lf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.292</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>M. Fontenot 2b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.252</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>R. Dempster p</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.156</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR align=right><TD align=left> Totals</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Went Under and Reds +1.5 . Dempster so good on extended rest at home vs a team still not doing much vs RHP. Harang gets some needed extra rest and I expect vintage Harang here.

Also dabbled with Unders @ COL and @KC 1st5 and smaller game . Plus COL +1.5 RL 1unit

Went Under and Reds +1.5 . Dempster so good on extended rest at home vs a team still not doing much vs RHP. Harang gets some needed extra rest and I expect vintage Harang here.

Also dabbled with Unders @ COL and @KC 1st5 and smaller game . Plus COL +1.5 RL 1unit

Hope you're right Nut. I think the Reds can get some of Dempster tonight, and Reds keep it close enough to win late.....Your +1.5 seems pretty darn logical.........:shake:

Almost threw up when Cabrera walked the 3rd man but still a 2 run lead with 1 inning to go.

damn really wish I didn't play TB, was close to playing under but pulled the trigger on TB instead grrrr

Jesus christ Webb is becoming a fade....seriously struggling every batter vs Wash.....the score doesnt tell u how bad hes really pitching

need the Nats to score at least one to have a chance at cashing this +1,5 play.

come on guys, 5 hits and still nothing, Zona has them 2:0 with 4 hits.

Let's get on board.

Contreras is getting killed out there. KC used to be his site of comfort, now he's just getting shelled.

Why is Webb still in????? Bad coaching again

Werent you saying Webb was cooked last start as well? You know you were ....Nats just are that bad. I tried to middle this sucker ARI ML and Wash +1.5 RL but as I decided to do it I couldnt get Zona in went OTB. Just glanced at the lineups and thought oh boy they been shutout the last 2 times they faced him already and no one mentioned it , whats gonna happen here ?

So moral of the story stuck myself with Nats +1.5 RL and when it dawned on me it was probably a sucker bet it was to late ....I hope I wam wrong though ...

I made some shit decisions this week and its only Tuesday ! Best thing so far might be wavering on COL when I saw Baker absent and some screwy positions for some of the Rocks .....worst thing is not playing the over and flipping to the under .....:cheers:

He is cooked but Ill take a pitchers thats thrown over 20 some odd innings and given up 1 run in 3 starts vs the Nats...had he been facing a good team I wouldnt have bet him and he would have given up 6 today the way he pitched if he were facing a decent team

I went with so many small bad plays its amazing the worst part is 10-12 small plays can make a nice dent ....

Also tip my hat to STL and there backers . I knew Hamels would keep them in check but never did I expect a PHILLY shutout here . Never .

He is cooked but Ill take a pitchers thats thrown over 20 some odd innings and given up 1 run in 3 starts vs the Nats...had he been facing a good team I wouldnt have bet him and he would have given up 6 today the way he pitched if he were facing a decent team

I am just busting your balls . I remember how pissed you were at him last start. Unfortunately my light bulb went off to late in this game.....:shake:

I actually told someone the game would end 4-1 DBacks but they cant even get that..DBacks offense is pathetic

SN I'm on WAS RL as well, and I really feel fucked right now. Another strange game that will lose God knows how.

No I was bitching about him being bad last game and it carried over to this game..I know he gave up zero runs but he pitched really bad today had 97 pitches through 5

Manny is my HERO!

How they hell did Balt blew that game ? I have nothing at all on that game I saw 6-2 and then 6-6 within 10 seconds ...??WTF ??

I went with so many small bad plays its amazing the worst part is 10-12 small plays can make a nice dent ....

Also tip my hat to STL and there backers . I knew Hamels would keep them in check but never did I expect a PHILLY shutout here . Never .

took STL ML but small stakes only unfortunately. Never believed Pineiro would do this either, just though Phillies are not winning games right now and thought it was going to be an underrish kind of game, 3:2 maybe, but not this.

SN I'm on WAS RL as well, and I really feel fucked right now. Another strange game that will lose God knows how.

They got us bro . It happens . They basically tipped there hand saying this chances were great this game would not be decided by 1 run . On the road seeing 1 run worth 90 cents is like a bad poker bluff . They were giving away Wash +1.5 RL today .....:shake:

I'll be fading Webb after this game for a while something not right with him right now

Definitely. One of the reasons why I took WAS RL here, but they really can't capitalize on chances and this is going to be another tough loss for me I think.

My St.Louis and under feels good while I stew in my Tampa stubborness, and yes, despite the 8 strikeouts by Kaz, he threw too many pitches...........Pettitte pitched like he thought it was ten years ago.........

That defensive gem in the 7th by Jeter sealed it....Had a working chance and faith until then....:shake:

Back