Tuesday Discussion Thread

Tuesday's are the day we get to sleep in since there are never day games and we know every damn place has taco deals when they open up

Sadly my days are much more bout when Theresa comfy/sleeping and she out right now so I’m ready to rock and roll!!

sucks all the preseason is Saturday but actually think it works out good cause she got dr appointments Thu. This week 2 preseason card is lovely!! If I don’t make money on that card something very wrong!

sucks all the preseason is Saturday but actually think it works out good cause she got dr appointments Thu. This week 2 preseason card is lovely!! If I don’t make money on that card something very wrong!
I pulled up an article from the local paper that I haven't read yet about winners and losers in week 1 for the Cards and I don't even know if we won/lost/tied lol. Can't imagine there are any winners if you're playing week 1.

I pulled up an article from the local paper that I haven't read yet about winners and losers in week 1 for the Cards and I don't even know if we won/lost/tied lol. Can't imagine there are any winners if you're playing week 1.

I got totally robbed on what I still think was a great play on the 1st half over in the Houston/pitt game. All I needed was a wide open 2 yard td pass and it goes over. Or took a fg, or last drive gave mills a chance to score td instead of burn clock then kick fg. Regardless was no doubt the right side and shoulda cashed. Then they saved the easiest for last on Sunday, the rams under was a lead pipe kick. I was 3 points off total, I had it 13-9 ended 13-12! Love me some Mcvay preseason! Go ahead and lock up rams/chargers under week 2! Another lead pipe lock! Pretty confident harbaugb is gonna be very mcvay like the way he treats these games. Best part watching that game be counting your money!

Not as big a lock but I’m prettt sure eagles/pats doing the joint practices this eeek before thu game, that should be a total nothing fest thu night!!

I think there gonna be a few 1st half banger matchups where we gonna get total mismatches with small lines. Just gotta wait till I get reading done and closer to games! This a huge money maker week!

I got totally robbed on what I still think was a great play on the 1st half over in the Houston/pitt game. All I needed was a wide open 2 yard td pass and it goes over. Or took a fg, or last drive gave mills a chance to score td instead of burn clock then kick fg. Regardless was no doubt the right side and shoulda cashed. Then they saved the easiest for last on Sunday, the rams under was a lead pipe kick. I was 3 points off total, I had it 13-9 ended 13-12! Love me some Mcvay preseason! Go ahead and lock up rams/chargers under week 2! Another lead pipe lock! Pretty confident harbaugb is gonna be very mcvay like the way he treats these games. Best part watching that game be counting your money!

Not as big a lock but I’m prettt sure eagles/pats doing the joint practices this eeek before thu game, that should be a total nothing fest thu night!!

I think there gonna be a few 1st half banger matchups where we gonna get total mismatches with small lines. Just gotta wait till I get reading done and closer to games! This a huge money maker week!
Cards are practicing against the Colts in Indy tomorrow night and Thursday night. Zero reason either team plays anyone worth a grain of salt come Saturday.

Think lots of teams are doing these joint practices now.

Shockingly Kirby has had pretty bad career numbers vs tigers but his best start was his 1 in Detroit.

Thanks for that over last night Sox pitcher @2daBank

I'm going one play a day while on vacation... That one made the most sense.

Good stuff

You referring to Bello ov 4.5 k’s? Man I was scared they were gonna yank him like they did in very similar spot last week. Glad they let him go back out and get it done! Always glad to help brother.

feel pretty strongly Fedde getting hit in that bandbox. He been using this high sinker all year, it has worked but in this park? Not so sure!

Fwiw other than any kind of weather situation Skubal is my favorite k prop today. He could hit that by the end of the 4th if he's on.

On Skubal o7.5 ks -110 and half on Kirby u.5 BBs +170

No room for error with Kirby walks but hopefully don't need it. He's only gone 1-6 in this stat the last 7 starts so I'm betting on likely the most accurate pitcher on the planet to get it done after a subpar game against these same CATS last outing in Seattle. Given that I like Skubal and Kirby tonight f5 under should be a play but no need to get more involved than the pitcher props. Already kinda need it to go as planned and it's hard enough to fit the script as is.

That's the game I was looking at so far.

I have a solid feel for Cincy lately.

I just don’t buy fedde in this park. He pitches oddly using a high sinker, it been effective cause guys think it high and ends up in k zone but seems super dangerous! He just doesn’t strike me as being in the same mold of vets cards get at deadline.

The price and numbers there, even better in some ways but the stuff doesn’t match up. We usually go for guys who pound the bottom the zone and this dude appears to be more a fly ball pitcher, maybe that play in Busch when the weather cool but it ain’t gonna play in this band box! Plus the vets we bring jn tend to be efficient innings eaters, this guy took 100 pitches to make it 5 innings vs rays on a day the ball wasn’t carrying at Burch! Pretty sure he took close to 100 pitches at Wrigley to go 5 innings as well. The price was right, I understood the trade, his numbers were actually better than the retreads they tend to bring in, problem is I don’t think the fit was nearly the same. That leads to multiple issues, the inability to eat innings a big issue but more importantly while we can agree or not w cards pitching philosophy fact is it has worked for them and now they got a guy who doesn’t fit their mold at all. More times than not they get the most out these guys but think Fedde was already getting the most he could using this style that does not line up w cards organizational philosophy. Nobodies fault but after watching a few starts I just don’t think it gonna work, and today it could really come to a head as the ball will leave the yard quick in this park. I think he gives up 4+., to make matters worse if I’m wrong and he good it won’t matter cause Greene will have cards looking silly at the plate!! I like Cincy Ff tt over, Game tt over, and I like them -1.5 or 2.5 or -3.5! Lol

Fwiw other than any kind of weather situation Skubal is my favorite k prop today. He could hit that by the end of the 4th if he's on.

I could punch 4-5 Seattle players! If Skubal on he will fan 8 1st time thru order!

• Love
Reactions: KJ
If ya look back last 5-6 years cards get vets that appear washed up and they get the last little drop of ability of of them cause they pitch a certain way that plays to the defense. Fedde on the other hand having a career year doing things his way. On paper looked like a steal but the fit just isn’t right imo, He certainly ain’t gonna want to hear cards philosophy on pitching when his way has worked for him. He isn’t in a spot his career needs saving so why should he change? I didn’t realize this at 1st and maybe im way off but this appears to be an awful fit! They been better off grabbing a Heaney or Marco gomzilaz type!! We see what happens but I think Fedde gets rocked and im
Very confident Greene pisses all over cards!

If ya look back last 5-6 years cards get vets that appear washed up and they get the last little drop of ability of of them cause they pitch a certain way that plays to the defense. Fedde on the other hand having a career year doing things his way. On paper looked like a steal but the fit just isn’t right imo, He certainly ain’t gonna want to hear cards philosophy on pitching when his way has worked for him. He isn’t in a spot his career needs saving so why should he change? I didn’t realize this at 1st and maybe im way off but this appears to be an awful fit! They been better off grabbing a Heaney or Marco gomzilaz type!! We see what happens but I think Fedde gets rocked and im
Very confident Greene pisses all over cards!
If history is any indication Greene couldn't hit the toilet with piss. Betting on that fucker requires discipline because you know he'll be at 80 pitches after 4 innings.

I had fun watching his chart during every pitch last game. The amount of pitches that not only didn't hit the k zone, but didn't hit any zone was asinine

So focused on one game that features two top 5 pitchers (in my book at least)

OOF

1723577787578.png

Total gut
If history is any indication Greene couldn't hit the toilet with piss. Betting on that fucker requires discipline because you know he'll be at 80 pitches after 4 innings.

I had fun watching his chart during every pitch last game. The amount of pitches that not only didn't hit the k zone, but didn't hit any zone was asinine

Don’t think we talking bout same kind of history bro. I’m reffering to the type of guys cards usually bring in at deadline and how different Fedde is.

Personally I think you being way harsh on Greene. At one point I’d have agreed with your assessment but I think he has shown signs of actually harnessing his stuff lately. 6 straight of 6+ innings longest stretch I can recall his whole career! 12 of last 15, and yes walks can still come out of thin air and be a issue but I think for most part he has been able to settle himself down and still give his team a chance. To me I see real improvement, there lot of other guys who I think lagging way behind his progress, to be honest I thought this bout Cease for years and he how much older and he finally has harnessed it! Greene still really young isn’t he? I think he trending the right direction at an earlier stage than lot of guys with his issues. Of course now he walk 8 and be awful tonight but I’m a believe and think he has taken massive steps in right direction. Far as this game if you don’t trust him then pound over cause imo fedde gonna get tagged!

There was a time the min Greene had any sort of command issue it was game over, he walk several than spin a frisbee over plate for a bomb. Think he has shown real growth

Total gut

Don’t think we talking bout same kind of history bro. I’m reffering to the type of guys cards usually bring in at deadline and how different Fedde is.

Personally I think you being way harsh on Greene. At one point I’d have agreed with your assessment but I think he has shown signs of actually harnessing his stuff lately. 6 straight of 6+ innings longest stretch I can recall his whole career! 12 of last 15, and yes walks can still come out of thin air and be a issue but I think for most part he has been able to settle himself down and still give his team a chance. To me I see real improvement, there lot of other guys who I think lagging way behind his progress, to be honest I thought this bout Cease for years and he how much older and he finally has harnessed it! Greene still really young isn’t he? I think he trending the right direction at an earlier stage than lot of guys with his issues. Of course now he walk 8 and be awful tonight but I’m a believe and think he has taken massive steps in right direction. Far as this game if you don’t trust him then pound over cause imo fedde gonna get tagged!
I've tried that path with him

He's still the same dude, probably only pitcher I try to watch statcast with pitch by pitch. Either way out the zone or in barrel zone. Any team with patience should walk and chase him by the 3rd inning. Tbh I think he'd make a great closer and thrive. He just gets lucky playing against teams that swing and miss all the time.

You're the one that turned me on to him and as such I pay more attention to him than even Snakes pitchers.

I've tried that path with him

He's still the same dude, probably only pitcher I try to watch statcast with pitch by pitch. Either way out the zone or in barrel zone. Any team with patience should walk and chase him by the 3rd inning. Tbh I think he'd make a great closer and thrive. He just gets lucky playing against teams that swing and miss all the time.

You're the one that turned me on to him and as such I pay more attention to him than even Snakes pitchers.

But shen I was talking bad bout him prior years he hadn’t shown any growth! I believe he learning to pitch. It used to be walk walk walk right down middle. Crazy thing he would still cash his k’s quite a bit! He can’t control who he faces and he has faced bunch of bums lately but he also had b2b stretches vs lad he was very good. B2b vs snakes, struggled a bit start 1 but was great start 2. Blanked Texas. I see a different pitcher than the guy I talked badly bout past few years. And what is he 23-24? (Can’t remember) lot these guys don’t figure shit out till 25-27! Telling ya this kid had the makeup to put it all together imo.

But shen I was talking bad bout him prior years he hadn’t shown any growth! I believe he learning to pitch. It used to be walk walk walk right down middle. Crazy thing he would still cash his k’s quite a bit! He can’t control who he faces and he has faced bunch of bums lately but he also had b2b stretches vs lad he was very good. B2b vs snakes, struggled a bit start 1 but was great start 2. Blanked Texas. I see a different pitcher than the guy I talked badly bout past few years. And what is he 23-24? (Can’t remember) lot these guys don’t figure shit out till 25-27! Telling ya this kid had the makeup to put it all together imo.
He needs to move on from Cincinnati and move to a park like SF or SEA where barreling up isn't such a big deal. Guy will never paint corners so umps are worthless when it comes to him.

He needs to move on from Cincinnati and move to a park like SF or SEA where barreling up isn't such a big deal. Guy will never paint corners so umps are worthless when it comes to him.

Yea we agree with that. Guys with his stuff ump don’t mean much. I wouldn’t think park be much an issue either but I havnt seen his barrel rate lately. I gotta get off this game. Just know Fedde needs a ump giving him high k’s cause if he forced to get that sinker down an inch or 2 reds will tee off!

not only do I like nats Ff tt ov 1.5 but I’m willing to grab a little nats Ff ml. Think Irvin capable of getting thru o’s lineup few times and fully expect nats to get 2-3 runs!

Yea we agree with that. Guys with his stuff ump don’t mean much. I wouldn’t think park be much an issue either but I havnt seen his barrel rate lately. I gotta get off this game. Just know Fedde needs a ump giving him high k’s cause if he forced to get that sinker down an inch or 2 reds will tee off!
Well I'm all about not having him in the NL West but that's an entirely different conversation

Yordan ov 1.5 h,e,rbi all day. He has gotten hot since I brought uo his month long home run drought! If only I started rplaying those around then! Unless Baz walks him
3x he will have a extra base hit along w run or rbi

Yordan ov 1.5 h,e,rbi all day. He has gotten hot since I brought uo his month long home run drought! If only I started rplaying those around then! Unless Baz walks him
3x he will have a extra base hit along w run or rbi
He's like the rest of us. Sleep July away and worry about the important shit later

He's like the rest of us. Sleep July away and worry about the important shit later

Im so kicking myself around 1st week of Aug I mentioned he hadn’t hit a bomb since the 4th. If I had any sense woulda started playing him daily! Think he has hit 5 in last 6 days! Lol

Kinda warning to the idea of Ff ov 4.5 instead of just nats ov 1.5. See runs coming from both sides

Im so kicking myself around 1st week of Aug I mentioned he hadn’t hit a bomb since the 4th. If I had any sense woulda started playing him daily! Think he has hit 5 in last 6 days! Lol
Summer is a long 6 month process here lol

I get how hard it has to be for these dudes to perform for 162 games. I haven't even thought but a couple minutes about football or futbol season and the latter starts up this weekend in England. Kinda why I've enjoyed bases for the first time in years....because I haven't put an ounce of thought into other sports so far. Olympics threw a wrinkle into that but for the most part, it's been bases lately.

Guess it helps when our local team is playing good ball

Not super familiar with giants pitcher but I am very well schooled in the fact Braves swing and miss a lot! Only needing 5 k’s to cash is basically saying long as this kid pitches 5 innings he going over

Summer is a long 6 month process here lol

I get how hard it has to be for these dudes to perform for 162 games. I haven't even thought but a couple minutes about football or futbol season and the latter starts up this weekend in England. Kinda why I've enjoyed bases for the first time in years....because I haven't put an ounce of thought into other sports so far. Olympics threw a wrinkle into that but for the most part, it's been bases lately.

Guess it helps when our local team is playing good ball

Yea you have contributed way more this year! I mean you always stop by and chop it up but you have added so much value!

Yea you have contributed way more this year! I mean you always stop by and chop it up but you have added so much value!
Why I got so chippy last week with that one dude. I finally got to enjoyment level with bases and he tried to fuck troll the discussion thread and I knew the instant you got pissed I wasn't alone. Man that night was terrible but other than that I've had a blast this season.

Boyd on a pitch count in Cleveland? Strikeout under in play for me.
Like it. Bet it.

104 right now and just woke up. Likely be asleep in another half hour but there are some great plays out there tonight.

Russian Noir, seems like the play this evening

Cray to me the Houston Ff tt kept bouncing from ov 1.5 -160 to ov2.5 +215ish. Just like jays last week I have no problem playing either over as I think stros hang 3+ but that 1.5 seemed nuts to me! -160 hardly justified their chances of cashing imo. I got quite a bit down in the ov 1.5, if baz beats me so be it, stros swinging bats better this week and i just don’t think Baz is holding them under 2!! Oh and Yordan ov 1.5 h,r,rbi!!

No such movement on reds Ff tt but I’ve got plenty of ov 2.5 Ff +216, also reds Ff -.5, cards Ff tt un 1.5, and greens ov 6.5 k’s!

those are monster games for me, sure hope I have them capped right!

Other smaller plays with nats ff tt ov 1.5, yepez ov 1.5 h,r,rbi, think I did one with the gm ff ov 4.5

Pretty big on the Ff un 3.5 in Detroit, big parlay with the u4.5. Skubal k’s

Ended up w Ton of plays!! Pirates Ff tt un1.5, king ov 6.5 k’s

The giants kid ov 4.5 k’s

Still feel like im missing a few, didn’t want to play this many but couldn’t stop finding things I liked! Lol Hope everyone has a big night!

G

nats Ff tt cashed already and half run from
Game Ff!! Love rogers! No clue why the hell o’s traded for him??

Back